A look at the left over the decades...

Except they really didn't. Bigfoot stories made the nightly news.
They made the news as rumors. AS STORIES. Not as scientific prediction or belief. AND I'LL SAY IT ONE LAST TIME TO TRY TO GET THROUGH YOUR CONCRETE SKULL: global cooling was taken just as scientific, just as credible by both the public and the science community then as the global warming theories of today. BOTH were based on the available data of the time.

So if you are calling bull on the ice age theories of the 70s, thank you, you just shot down the current man-made climate theories as just as specious. There is no more reason not to believe the data won't change again 30 years from now to a new theory as from 1970 to now. BOTH were widely held beliefs in their time and for you to claim that no one believed in a coming ice age back in the 70s is TOTAL BULLSHIT.

In fact the geologic and statographic evidence is that another ice age is inevitable. This may only be the warming before the storm. 100 or 5,000 years from now, we will likely be begging for global warming.

They made the news as rumors. AS STORIES. Not as scientific prediction or belief. AND I'LL SAY IT ONE LAST TIME TO TRY TO GET THROUGH YOUR CONCRETE SKULL: global cooling was taken just as scientific, just as credible by both the public and the science community then as the global warming theories of today. BOTH were based on the available data of the time.

No, it wasn't. I mean, I know you thought that it was because Mr. Spock told you that on "In Search Of"... but it just wasn't so.

So if you are calling bull on the ice age theories of the 70s, thank you, you just shot down the current man-made climate theories as just as specious. There is no more reason not to believe the data won't change again 30 years from now to a new theory as from 1970 to now. BOTH were widely held beliefs in their time and for you to claim that no one believed in a coming ice age back in the 70s is TOTAL BULLSHIT.

One was a pop culture belief.

The other is based on solid scientific observations...

In fact the geologic and statographic evidence is that another ice age is inevitable. This may only be the warming before the storm. 100 or 5,000 years from now, we will likely be begging for global warming.

Guy we ain't talking about 5000 years from now, we are talking about the next 100 years, and getting control of runaway global warming...

Look, I realize that the Koch Brothers have done a number on your head... but the reality is- the world is getting warmer and humans are responsible.

1970’s: The new ice age! We’re all gonna die!

1980’s: Acid rain! We’re all gonna die!

1990’s: The ozone layer is deteriorating! We’re all gonna die!

2000’s: Global warming is melting the glaciers! We’re all gonna die!

2010’s: Climate Change! In 12 years, we’re all gonna die!

See the pattern? Declare a catastrophic problem. Build it up with hyperbole. Demand power and control over private citizens and private industry to “solve” the “problem”.
1970's. One scientist wrote a report about the upcoming ice age, It was widely debunked by his peers.

1980's Acid rain was killing our rivers & lakes. It was solve through government action with a cap & trade that is still in effect today.

1990: Action was taken to stop the expansion of the hole in the ozone.

2000's Global Warming was identified as a threat. Action was taken to reduce our emissions in the US.

2010: We have 12 years to act. Assdfuck Trumpettes run in circles lying about it.

Your list actually s]proved that in the past that environmental problems occurred due to emissions that wewre addressed & solved.

You stupid fucks should try believe more in science & less in your heroes Trump & Limbaugh.

1980's Acid rain was killing our rivers & lakes. It was solve through government action with a cap & trade that is still in effect today.
Funny-Laughing-Gif-Picture.gif

I've heard some stupid shit on USMB...but this one just might be the dumbest of all. Real Dumb here clearly has no idea what "cap & trade" is (hint: it didn't exist in the 1980's and it sure as HELL wouldn't solve the problem if it had existed).

Forum List

Back