A look at the left over the decades...

1970’s: The new ice age! We’re all gonna die!

Nobody was really saying that in the 1970's. Trust me, I was there.

1980’s: Acid rain! We’re all gonna die!

Then we did something about it... and the amount of acid rain reduced... This was a good thing.

1990’s: The ozone layer is deteriorating! We’re all gonna die!

Okay, once again. The world signed the Montreal Accords... the amount of CFC's were drastically reduced, and the ozone layer recovered. I know, this is a crazy idea to you, that we identify a problem, take action to prevent it, even if someone isn't getting rich on the deal.

Great retort.

Looking at the right would be far more hilarious….

19_ _ to 2016… better dead than red

2016-19

I would rather have Putin as our president than Obama. He is less of a communist.

Then we did something about it... and the amount of acid rain reduced... This was a good thing.

Okay, once again. The world signed the Montreal Accords... the amount of CFC's were drastically reduced, and the ozone layer recovered. I know, this is a crazy idea to you, that we identify a problem, take action to prevent it, even if someone isn't getting rich on the deal.
Agree that protecting our environment is a good thing, but the left attempting to convince us that we are destroying the world in which we have absolutely no control over is an attempt to rob our treasury, and a way to shift money into the coffers of their good ole boys and issues of choice. The big picture is what is being looked at, and the past actions of the Demon-crats has put them square into the field of suspicion when it comes to anything they do or anything they run on now.

Sorry to bush your bubble but DuPont pushed a scam with Freon and a new refrigerant. I was only beginning to question government at that time. You have your certified results and I have my beliefs.

and like most zealots, you will not let facts or truth get in the way of your beliefs

Great retort.

Looking at the right would be far more hilarious….

19_ _ to 2016… better dead than red

2016-19

I would rather have Putin as our president than Obama. He is less of a communist.
6ca53744264a45cdb92a4b09ca4963ce (1).jpg

Fucking liar

I watched it when it first aired..

So do you have anything better than a tabloid paranormal show. This show also said bigfoot and UFO's were real.

Agree that protecting our environment is a good thing, but the left attempting to convince us that we are destroying the world in which we have absolutely no control over is an attempt to rob our treasury, and a way to shift money into the coffers of their good ole boys and issues of choice. The big picture is what is being looked at, and the past actions of the Demon-crats has put them square into the field of suspicion when it comes to anything they do or anything they run on now.

Um, the Democrats were complete right about Ozone and Acid Rain, and we took action to fix those problems.

Um, the Democrats were complete right about Ozone and Acid Rain, and we took action to fix those problems.
Couldn't take action without everyone on board (bipartisanship needed), but today's Demon-crats ain't have any of that now, and instead they want to take credit for the big issues for political reasons, when they know that they were only part of the solutions back in the day's. The Demon-crats are totally leftist agenda driven now, and the country ain't having any of that these days. Fool us once shame on us, fool us twice shame on you. The shame is currently on the Demon-crats for their far left agenda's.

Fucking liar

I watched it when it first aired..

So do you have anything better than a tabloid paranormal show. This show also said bigfoot and UFO's were real.

Remember Joe only 13 channels to watch and it was the most popular in Chicago

Bwahahaha! Once again you are proven dead-wrong...
"The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years. If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age." — Kenneth Watt
Don’t ever say “trust me” because we don’t trust you, Joe. You have 0 credibility. You lie every time you post.

13 Worst Predictions Made on Earth Day, 1970 | FreedomWorks

Okay, once again. The world signed the Montreal Accords... the amount of CFC's were drastically reduced, and the ozone layer recovered.
Hahahahaha! According to your side of the aisle, pollution is worse than ever. That’s why we needed “Cap and Trade” according to Obama (and you obediently drooled over the proposal like the good little mindless minion that you are). :laugh:

Oh, i didn't say it wasn't an entertaining show, and Leonard Nimoy could read the ingredients off a shampoo bottle and make it interesting.

It just didn't reflect the scientific consensus of the time.

We did? What did we do, Joey? Your big on talk, but short on facts and non-existent on links. You’re a troll. And a very bad one at that.

Okay, Poodle... I know you think Acid rain wasn't a thing... because that's what they told you on Hate Radio and you are only 26.

Back in the 1980's, it was a big thing.

Hahahahaha! According to your side of the aisle, pollution is worse than ever. That’s why we needed “Cap and Trade” according to Obama (and you obediently drooled over the proposal like the good little mindless minion that you are).
+
Wow, Poodle, you really shouldn't try to talk science, you'll just hurt yourself.

You do realize there is a difference between CFC's (A problem we addressed) and CO2, right?

That’s exactly what these mindless minions will say about “Global Warming” in 2030 when history will prove they were duped.

Well, no, since it isn't.

The thing is, all you guys point to is ONE ARTICLE from 1975.

There's a lot more than ONE ARTICLE today about Global Warming...

And this is the problem with modern Conservatism.... if it doesn't like science, it tries to deny it.

Oh, i didn't say it wasn't an entertaining show, and Leonard Nimoy could read the ingredients off a shampoo bottle and make it interesting.

It just didn't reflect the scientific consensus of the time.

We did? What did we do, Joey? Your big on talk, but short on facts and non-existent on links. You’re a troll. And a very bad one at that.

Okay, Poodle... I know you think Acid rain wasn't a thing... because that's what they told you on Hate Radio and you are only 26.

Back in the 1980's, it was a big thing.
You fucking lie once again .

We were both there in the blizzard of Chicago in the late 1970s

That’s exactly what these mindless minions will say about “Global Warming” in 2030 when history will prove they were duped.

And this is the problem with modern Conservatism.... if it doesn't like science, it tries to deny it.

I pointed to a t.v. show

I pointed to a t.v. show

God damn you fucktard it was all around us the next ice age was coming

I was there too, at the first Earth Day on the Mall in DC, April 1970, and that is precisely what they said.

Um, not really. "New Ice Age" was at best a fringe view.

GlobalCooling.JPG

Global cooling - Wikipedia

The National Science Board's Patterns and Perspectives in Environmental Science report of 1972 discussed the cyclical behavior of climate, and the understanding at the time that the planet was entering a phase of cooling after a warm period. "Judging from the record of the past interglacial ages, the present time of high temperatures should be drawing to an end, to be followed by a long period of considerably colder temperatures leading into the next glacial age some 20,000 years from now."[34] But it also continued; "However, it is possible, or even likely, that human interference has already altered the environment so much that the climatic pattern of the near future will follow a different path."[34]

The Board's report of 1974, Science And The Challenges Ahead, continued on this theme. "During the last 20-30 years, world temperature has fallen, irregularly at first but more sharply over the last decade."[35] Discussion of cyclic glacial periods does not feature in this report. Instead it is the role of humans that is central to the report's analysis. "The cause of the cooling trend is not known with certainty. But there is increasing concern that man himself may be implicated, not only in the recent cooling trend but also in the warming temperatures over the last century".[35] The report did not conclude whether carbon dioxide in warming, or agricultural and industrial pollution in cooling, are factors in the recent climatic changes, noting; "Before such questions as these can be resolved, major advances must be made in understanding the chemistry and physics of the atmosphere and oceans, and in measuring and tracing particulates through the system."[36]

Pretty sure the National Science Board isn't "fringe".

Forum List

Back