A longtime commercial fisherman talks about the real Sarah Palin

Brn2bfree

Apr 1, 2009

Dewey Whetsell a longtime commercial fisherman, veteran fire fighter and fire chief, jazz musician, and poet from Alaska penned a very nice retort to all of those who would say Sarah Palin isn't the real deal, a true leader.

Those who follow Alaska politics know these stories well, but the rest of America should understand this as well.

Here is Dewey's letter:

"The last 45 of my 66 years I've spent in a commercial fishing town in Alaska. I understand Alaska politics but never understood national politics well until this last year. Here's the breaking point: Neither side of the Palin controversy gets It's not about persona, style, rhetoric, its about doing things. Even Palin supporters never mention the things that I'm about to mention here.

Remainder HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The moral of the story is ...Intentions are as worthless, like tits on a bore...Results are where it's at.

Another moral of the story is that the rules of fair use prohibit the posting of entire pieces and require a link to the source.

~Dude

Dewey Whetsell a longtime commercial fisherman, veteran fire fighter and fire chief, jazz musician, and poet from Alaska penned a very nice retort to all of those who would say Sarah Palin isn't the real deal, a true leader.

Those who follow Alaska politics know these stories well, but the rest of America should understand this as well.

Here is Dewey's letter:

"The last 45 of my 66 years I've spent in a commercial fishing town in Alaska. I understand Alaska politics but never understood national politics well until this last year. Here's the breaking point: Neither side of the Palin controversy gets It's not about persona, style, rhetoric, its about doing things. Even Palin supporters never mention the things that I'm about to mention here.

Remainder HERE

The moral of the story is ...Intentions are as worthless, like tits on a bore...Results are where it's at.

Another moral of the story is that the rules of fair use prohibit the posting of entire pieces and require a link to the source.

~Dude

I printed that, it's in her book (Going Rogue) it's printed on pages 404-408. It's been facted checked by 11 different associated press journalists. If you have not read the book, read it, it's a fascinating account of where she started out in life, through her childhood and her family and how she became mayor of Whasilla and then on to Governor of Alaska. An excellent read. It dispells so many of the lies and myths that we have been drowned in by the lame stream media.

I printed that, it's in her book (Going Rogue) it's printed on pages 404-408. It's been facted checked by 11 different associated press journalists. If you have not read the book, read it, it's a fascinating account of where she started out in life, through her childhood and her family and how she became mayor of Whasilla and then on to Governor of Alaska. An excellent read. It dispells so many of the lies and myths that we have been drowned in by the lame stream media.

I was going to read the book but decided to wait for the motion picture. Tina Fey will get an Oscar for this

Last edited:
Dewey's first item supports what I've been telling cons for over a year, much to their howls of protest.
Palin was a RINO. She's only since morphed into a rightwinger to fit the mold her cult created for her.

It's pretty bad how the media portrays her as some backwoods lame-o. Sarah has grit. But she doesn't seem to understand how the cynical elements of the media operate.
Don't understand why she needs to go around and "set the record straight".
She should have kept her nose to the grindstone and just worked.

I was going to read the book but decided to wait for the motion picture. Tina Fey will gat an Oscar for this

No, you would not want to read the book because the Facts and the Truth would get in the way of what you Believe and that would cause your brain to implode. You are better off waiting for the spin that Tina Fey and SNL puts on it, that's the way you get your news anyway, no change there.:lol::lol::lol:

Dewey's first item supports what I've been telling cons for over a year, much to their howls of protest.
Palin was a RINO. She's only since morphed into a rightwinger to fit the mold her cult created for her.

What do you mean by a right winger? That term confuses me. Do you mean she is pro-life? Yes she is. Do you mean that she believes in smaller and more efficient government? Yes she does. Do you mean that she wants business's to keep more of their money so that they can grow and expand the economy, thereby creating jobs. Yes she does. Do you mean that she wants to lower taxes on individuals so that they have more to spend, save and invest. Yes, she does. Do you mean she is a Christian. Yes, she is. Do you mean that she thinks the federal government needs to tighten their belts. Absolutely she does. If that's a right winger to you, then count me proud to be one. She has not changed one bit, she is exactly the same as she was before.

I am very dissapointed in you NY Carribeen, I thought you would take the time to read her book and aquaint yourself with the facts before you posted. Obviously not.

Last edited:

Here is Dewey's letter:

Remainder HERE

~Dude

Nice read - thank you.

The demonstrated ability to keep pork down is a killer for both parties.
Palin has a real uphill struggle if she hopes to get another nomination.

Wow, this is like the 4th "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"/"The ends don't justify the means" discussions I've seen today. Sad part is, how many people actually believe those two statements aren't true.

Well... at least till they're on the other side of the argument. THEN they see the light till the pain goes away. Some stay fixed, others slide back.

Either way... it's ironic.

I'm wondering why people still listen to her?

Fuck.......she quit the governorship, she's quit on the book tour.........the only thing left to quit on is her marriage.

Wonder who's gonna stray first.......Todd or Sarah? I'm betting the Wasilla Chihuahua is going to get mounted by someone other than Todd in the next 6 months.

Shit man......didn't Ensign and the C Street bunch teach y'all anything? The GOP can't go for more than a year in the spotlight without a sexual scandal.

From the excerpt:

So, she constructed and enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called ACES. Exxon (the biggest corporation in the world) protested and Sarah told them don't let the door hit you in the stern on your way out. They stayed, and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich. Of course the other huge international oil companies meekly fell in line. Again, give me the name of any other governor in the country that has done anything similar.

That move would have made Huey Long proud.

In fact, the similarities between Palin and Long are somewhat striking.

By the way, she was content to to return to AK after the national election and go to work, but the haters wouldn't let her. Now these adolescent screechers are obviously not scuba divers. And no one ever told them what happens when you continually jab and pester a barracuda. Without warning, it will spin around and tear your face off. Shoulda known better.

But the Barracuda quit.

Last edited:

What do you mean by a right winger? That term confuses me. Do you mean she is pro-life? Yes she is. Do you mean that she believes in smaller and more efficient government? Yes she does. Do you mean that she wants business's to keep more of their money so that they can grow and expand the economy, thereby creating jobs. Yes she does. Do you mean that she wants to lower taxes on individuals so that they have more to spend, save and invest. Yes, she does. Do you mean she is a Christian. Yes, she is. Do you mean that she thinks the federal government needs to tighten their belts. Absolutely she does. If that's a right winger to you, then count me proud to be one. She has not changed one bit, she is exactly the same as she was before.

I am very dissapointed in you NY Carribeen, I thought you would take the time to read her book and aquaint yourself with the facts before you posted. Obviously not.

Read her book? If I wanted to hear the cacophonic rantings of a delusional chick of limited intellect

I'd have stayed married.

I admire her for taking advantage of a situation where she can make a lot of money and fame for the short term. People are taken by her because she doesn't act and speak like the typical politician. So what?

Listening to her answering questions, however, just confirms to me that she really doesn't have the intellectual ability to be vice president much less president. Her answers are all sound bites. It's all just backasswards.

I can only hope she and Glenn Beck run in 2012. That will be the end of the republican party as we know it.:lol::eusa_pray:

Read her book? If I wanted to hear the cacophonic rantings of a delusional chick of limited intellect

I'd have stayed married.

Yeah, I thought the topic of this thread was about a love poem to Sarah, not her book.

Dewey points out that Sarah Palin was a very capable Govenor.

Why did she quit on Dewey and her other supporters in Alaska.

Being a quitter over rides her capabilities. We need politicians we can depend on.

It's pretty bad how the media portrays her as some backwoods lame-o. Sarah has grit. But she doesn't seem to understand how the cynical elements of the media operate.
Don't understand why she needs to go around and "set the record straight".
She should have kept her nose to the grindstone and just worked.

And certainly not quit.

Being a quitter over rides her capabilities. We need politicians we can depend on.

She took on the CONSERVATIVES in Alaska to get a windfall profits tax on oil in AK. That was her single biggest accomplishment.

She took on the CONSERVATIVES in Alaska to get a windfall profits tax on oil in AK. That was her single biggest accomplishment.

When elected govenor of Alaska she committed to serve the people of Alaska for four years. That included dealing with all problems seen and unforseen.

As govenor or any other elected position you do not finish your pet project and quit.

She has shown to be a quitter with a personal agenda that was more important than the people who elected her. She is a charismatic selfish opportunist.

Forum List

Back