A longtime commercial fisherman talks about the real Sarah Palin

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brn2bfree, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Brn2bfree

Brn2bfree Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40

A longtime commercial fisherman talks about the real Sarah Palin

Dewey Whetsell a longtime commercial fisherman, veteran fire fighter and fire chief, jazz musician, and poet from Alaska penned a very nice retort to all of those who would say Sarah Palin isn't the real deal, a true leader.

Those who follow Alaska politics know these stories well, but the rest of America should understand this as well.

Here is Dewey's letter:

"The last 45 of my 66 years I've spent in a commercial fishing town in Alaska. I understand Alaska politics but never understood national politics well until this last year. Here's the breaking point: Neither side of the Palin controversy gets It's not about persona, style, rhetoric, its about doing things. Even Palin supporters never mention the things that I'm about to mention here.

Remainder HERE
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The moral of the story is ...Intentions are as worthless, like tits on a bore...Results are where it's at.

Another moral of the story is that the rules of fair use prohibit the posting of entire pieces and require a link to the source.

~Dude

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    I printed that, it's in her book (Going Rogue) it's printed on pages 404-408. It's been facted checked by 11 different associated press journalists. If you have not read the book, read it, it's a fascinating account of where she started out in life, through her childhood and her family and how she became mayor of Whasilla and then on to Governor of Alaska. An excellent read. It dispells so many of the lies and myths that we have been drowned in by the lame stream media.

3. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,280
    I was going to read the book but decided to wait for the motion picture. Tina Fey will get an Oscar for this

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  4. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,074
    Dewey's first item supports what I've been telling cons for over a year, much to their howls of protest.
    Palin was a RINO. She's only since morphed into a rightwinger to fit the mold her cult created for her.

5. ScottBernard

ScottBernard Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    It's pretty bad how the media portrays her as some backwoods lame-o. Sarah has grit. But she doesn't seem to understand how the cynical elements of the media operate.
    Don't understand why she needs to go around and "set the record straight".
    She should have kept her nose to the grindstone and just worked.

6. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568

No, you would not want to read the book because the Facts and the Truth would get in the way of what you Believe and that would cause your brain to implode. You are better off waiting for the spin that Tina Fey and SNL puts on it, that's the way you get your news anyway, no change there.:lol::lol::lol:

7. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568

What do you mean by a right winger? That term confuses me. Do you mean she is pro-life? Yes she is. Do you mean that she believes in smaller and more efficient government? Yes she does. Do you mean that she wants business's to keep more of their money so that they can grow and expand the economy, thereby creating jobs. Yes she does. Do you mean that she wants to lower taxes on individuals so that they have more to spend, save and invest. Yes, she does. Do you mean she is a Christian. Yes, she is. Do you mean that she thinks the federal government needs to tighten their belts. Absolutely she does. If that's a right winger to you, then count me proud to be one. She has not changed one bit, she is exactly the same as she was before.

I am very dissapointed in you NY Carribeen, I thought you would take the time to read her book and aquaint yourself with the facts before you posted. Obviously not.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  8. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005

Nice read - thank you.

9. Charles Stucker

Charles Stucker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +225
    The demonstrated ability to keep pork down is a killer for both parties.
    Palin has a real uphill struggle if she hopes to get another nomination.

10. Big Fitz

Big Fitz User Quit *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,475
    Wow, this is like the 4th "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"/"The ends don't justify the means" discussions I've seen today. Sad part is, how many people actually believe those two statements aren't true.

Well... at least till they're on the other side of the argument. THEN they see the light till the pain goes away. Some stay fixed, others slide back.

Either way... it's ironic.