a lonely day in hell

Bones,

Don't give up. Spend every minute you can with her, and make every moment count. When the time comes, and it will, you will have the comfort of knowing that you loved her until her last moment. And that even if she wasn't fully aware of the depth of it, she knew you loved her too.

Don't regret anything you have done to protect her. You are doing your best to make sure she is provided for in her last golden days. Whatever happens, you will be rewarded when you pass to the other side.

Don't crawl into a bottle. It doesn't help, and limits the clarity of mind you will need to help her in her struggle to retain the dignity she needs in her last orbits on this rock.

Again, you are in my prayers.

All my hopes,
The Rat

I am sorry I got here so late my beautiful friend.

I am a drunk, I have trouble finding my way to true places.

And you are true blue

well today was going well...we were getting ready to go to belks when the phone rings....her best friend in the world ....calls and asks her has she been home.....o well...hell broke loose...she refused to go get socks....fine....i got son to go see her later in the day...

she didnt remember me coming by...she has no clue when the trip is...or how they are going...

i will take thursday off....cause i dread the 3 hour car ride with her friday....she has no clue where she is going....she tends to be a lot worse as the day goes on...

i consulted a phsy guy who did the court evaluation...he told me ...she cant hold anything in her memory...that she has moments of having things together but then they are gone...he is willing to see her after the trip....

may i ask where you have to go on this 3 hour drive?

Any closer , she may find her way back.

oooooo mr fitnah.....right when you think things cant get any worse.....

okay the 3 hour drive was to take her to her brother so her and her siblings could go visit the other sibling who was on his death bed. they went....seems the death bed was a bit of a tale....but she is back ....

so today i go to see her..hubby goes with me...she is not saying much....she goes to the bathroom..comes back and opens her fridge..i ask her what she needed..she said nothing and walks out of the room...we sit and wait...and wait..then i get up and try to find her...she is gone....

the entire place goes into a panic...we cant find her...husband heads out in the car....i am looking the entire staff is looking...room to room search is began....finally we find her....outside...watching everyone looking for her....she is peering in the door at the end of her hall...she refuses to come back in till i leave...i assure you i was ready to leave...

the head nurse assures me...its just the dementia and she is acting out....i didnt know if i wanted to cry or cuss...

one just never knows what will happen on any given day.....

oooooo mr fitnah.....right when you think things cant get any worse.....

okay the 3 hour drive was to take her to her brother so her and her siblings could go visit the other sibling who was on his death bed. they went....seems the death bed was a bit of a tale....but she is back ....

so today i go to see her..hubby goes with me...she is not saying much....she goes to the bathroom..comes back and opens her fridge..i ask her what she needed..she said nothing and walks out of the room...we sit and wait...and wait..then i get up and try to find her...she is gone....

the entire place goes into a panic...we cant find her...husband heads out in the car....i am looking the entire staff is looking...room to room search is began....finally we find her....outside...watching everyone looking for her....she is peering in the door at the end of her hall...she refuses to come back in till i leave...i assure you i was ready to leave...

the head nurse assures me...its just the dementia and she is acting out....i didnt know if i wanted to cry or cuss...

one just never knows what will happen on any given day.....

I know its your mother, but its your life too. It may be time for you to limit your exposure to her now.

Just a thought.

HUGS

o i am ....i am taking the weekend off...son will go see her...you never know what will upset her...i should have left her outside in the cold...

My auntie "escaped" yesterday. Ran across the road when someone came after her. Tripped, got all bruised up...now she is locked in her room for her own good.

Sigh...better off dead, imo.

My mom has severe dymensia and is pretty much the same way.
Told me she wished she had never brought me home and such things as that.
Can't remember saying it 10 min later and just like a kid on are we there yet?
She has lost all sense of time.
She is in a rest home since summer.
She did not sleep hardly any and would not let anyone else sleep either.
Was killing my sister, literally.

My sympathies bones.

Last edited:
o i am ....i am taking the weekend off...son will go see her...you never know what will upset her...i should have left her outside in the cold...

You go and have a great weekend partying.... just dont get hauled off by the po-po's.

Nothing that a lil alcohol and wiener & boobie pinat's cant fix.

xoxo....

o us...seems to be the 'normal' behavior for dementia...

ravi i so agree...i would rather be dead...but you cant remember that long...

she wont remember it and will be mad that i havent visited...i will give the assisted living place this...as soon as we told the head nurse we couldnt find her...it was on...everyone was looking...of course she was hiding...somehow she made it outside by going thru the dining hall..to the smoking area...of course the lady smoking claimed never to have seen her...

seems the disease is progressing...

o the big party is next month..hell i should know the date...we are just gonna start working on the pinatas...and planning the menu

o us...seems to be the 'normal' behavior for dementia...

ravi i so agree...i would rather be dead...but you cant remember that long...

she wont remember it and will be mad that i havent visited...i will give the assisted living place this...as soon as we told the head nurse we couldnt find her...it was on...everyone was looking...of course she was hiding...somehow she made it outside by going thru the dining hall..to the smoking area...of course the lady smoking claimed never to have seen her...

seems the disease is progressing...

they had to put a radio locator beacon on Moms wrist with a locking mechanism she could not open. But she keeps trying. she hides her clothes and such and tells my sister they stole them at the nursing home.

On the dead part, yes I hope I do not wait too long and have a stroke or something....

New Topics

Forum List

Back