A Little Reality in a Sea of Fantasy on Gun Control

Nice strawman, he didn't say they were invented by the media, he said they are scare tactics. As for the definition, define assault weapon in functional terms that distinguish them from non assault weapons.

Bullshit! He defended saying it, until I told him I was there in gun shops long before gun control laws. Define it yourself, asshole, I'm not giving you anything, but a hard time. Did you bother to read this thread, hell no! It's so much easier for a right-winger to make shit up, isn't it? You're a lazy bunch of losers.

Define assault weapon in terms of function in such a way that distinguishes them from non assault weapons.

assault - definition of assault by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Look up the other word if you have to!

Hey cool back to playing; what is this?

I thought you fuking gun nutters knew your guns? Why in the fuk are you always asking; what is this what is that what is this.

Buy a fuking gun book. Maybe you can figure it out. But I doubt it.

Buy a dictionary.

Who needs a 20-round magazine for hunting?

Once again proof you lied about having any gun experience.

Proof that you don't know anything about hunting - unless you want to kill an entire herd at one time.

You can deflect all you want. I am going to call you out on your lie every chance that arises.

I went to gun shops before you were born and bought an AR-15 in '75. I know what they called it and what they called magazines that can hold more rounds.

Now, take your toy and hunt some boar!

There were no gun shops before I was born, jerk off.
You shelled out money for an AR in 1975 and that makes you an expert? really? Probably couldn't even tell me what it was.

It was around $300 as I recall and I do recall it being called an assault rifle. Before that they were all weapons to me. The simple point is the media did not make up the term assault rifle or weapon. You idiots make shit up and claim it's true.

You're lying through what's left of your teeth.
First off, an AR was never $300. Second, no one ever used the term "assault rifle," not unless they were talking about a Sturmgewehr, a full auto/select fire version.
You are the one making up shit.

Nice strawman, he didn't say they were invented by the media, he said they are scare tactics. As for the definition, define assault weapon in functional terms that distinguish them from non assault weapons.

Bullshit! He defended saying it, until I told him I was there in gun shops long before gun control laws. Define it yourself, asshole, I'm not giving you anything, but a hard time. Did you bother to read this thread, hell no! It's so much easier for a right-winger to make shit up, isn't it? You're a lazy bunch of losers.

Define assault weapon in terms of function in such a way that distinguishes them from non assault weapons.

non-assault weapons are the ones that sit quietly by themselves in a corner, and don't allow anyone to handle them...

It is called the Bill of Rights. Not the Bill of Needs.
Exactly!

Here's a primer on one of them.

A Primer on the Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms

What is the reason for having a rifle or gun in the first place?

Most people would say either for hunting or for home defense.

In either case, accuracy is the main point, because if you can't hit your target, you either get invaded or go hungry.

Bolt action rifles are MUCH more accurate than semi automatics.

So why do you really need a semi-auto rifle?

No they aren't. The longest documented sniper shot was made with an M82A1, which is a semi automatic rifle.

I may, or may not, need a semi automatic rifle, you definitely need a brain.

You're right the Barrett M82A1 Semi-auto .50 cal rifle. Hmm... just how many are in the hands of civilians? Not many.
The shot was made by a Canadian soldier in Afghanistan the distance 2,430 metres. What people don't realize is that the sniper took two previous shots at the same target, the third shot did the trick.
Don't broadcast that story....Obama will want to reduce the clip capacity to one!

No they aren't. The longest documented sniper shot was made with an M82A1, which is a semi automatic rifle.

I may, or may not, need a semi automatic rifle, you definitely need a brain.

You're right the Barrett M82A1 Semi-auto .50 cal rifle. Hmm... just how many are in the hands of civilians? Not many.
The shot was made by a Canadian soldier in Afghanistan the distance 2,430 metres. What people don't realize is that the sniper took two previous shots at the same target, the third shot did the trick.

The guy wasn't a Marine, obviously.

The Barrett 82A1 is sold to anyone who wants it, the M stands for model, not military. Anyone that wants one, and is willing to fork over the money to buy it, can own one.

Barrett 82A1 Rifle System .50 BMG 29 ", W/Leupold Mk4 4.5-14x50mm Scope, Mounted, Monopod, 10 Rnd Mag - Impact Guns
As it should be!

hunting ain't the purpose of the Second Amendment...

You're right. Hunting isn't the main purpose, but it still is one of the purposes.

But, really, what is the purpose of a 20 - 30 round magazine other than to kill people?

I thought the purpose was to feed ammunition into the chamber. How do you kill someone with a magazine? Beat them to death with it?

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

You're right. Hunting isn't the main purpose, but it still is one of the purposes.

nope... go back and study it... the Second Amendment has absolutely nothing to do with hunting...

But, really, what is the purpose of a 20 - 30 round magazine other than to kill people?

in a bad situation, yeah... that would definitely be its purpose...

I thought the purpose was to feed ammunition into the chamber. How do you kill someone with a magazine? Beat them to death with it?

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

oops... I almost forgot another purpose for high-capacity mags...

which is to dazzle folks on Sunday morning talking-heads shows... :)

There were no gun shops before I was born, jerk off.
You shelled out money for an AR in 1975 and that makes you an expert? really? Probably couldn't even tell me what it was.

It was around $300 as I recall and I do recall it being called an assault rifle. Before that they were all weapons to me. The simple point is the media did not make up the term assault rifle or weapon. You idiots make shit up and claim it's true.

First off, an AR was never $300. Second, no one ever used the term "assault rifle," not unless they were talking about a Sturmgewehr, a full auto/select fire version.

Why, because you're a right-wing idiot who can type and make things up? You assholes add nothing to any internet site, but lies. Are you so stupid that you don't think people see you for what you are? You're too lazy to type -15 on AR, so you are obviously too lazy to learn anything. The internet is just a way for a right-wing to spread lies trying to find that last fool on Earth to join them. Stop looking for the fools, you have them all!

Not me. I use a 81mm mortar and fragmentation grenades. Instant ground venison, pre-cooked.

Great idea. But how do you get the shrapanel out of the meat? Magnet? Or do you leave it in for flavor?

Dunno if a magnet would work...................most grenades use lead, which is non magnetic.

/sarcasm

Where do you right-wingers come up with this crap, your ass or someone elses?

The M67 grenade has a spherical steel body that contains 6.5 ounces of Composition B explosive. The M213 fuse is specifically designed for use with the M67 fragmentation grenade. The M67 grenade weighs 14 ounces in total and has a safety clip to prevent the grenade from detonating accidentally.

The M67 can be thrown 30 to 35 meters by the average male soldier. It has a 4.0–5.5 second fuse that ignites explosives packed inside a round body. Steel fragments (not to be confused with shrapnel) are provided by the grenade body and produce an injury radius of 15 meters (~45 ft), with a fatality radius of 5 meters (~15 ft), though some fragments can disperse as far out as 250 meters.[1]

Source: M67 grenade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is an internet in front of you and it's connected to people who can use it, though most aren't stupid right-wingers.

Why, because you're a right-wing idiot who can type and make things up? You assholes add nothing to any internet site, but lies. Are you so stupid that you don't think people see you for what you are? You're too lazy to type -15 on AR, so you are obviously too lazy to learn anything. The internet is just a way for a right-wing to spread lies trying to find that last fool on Earth to join them. Stop looking for the fools, you have them all!

Yeah, for sure you're making it up. I doubt you were alive in 1973.

I was in the Marine Corps in '73, you fool! We trained at PI with M-14s, not M-16s. I actually like the M-14 better, even though it weighed 11 and a half pounds to 7 and a half and the rounds were much heavier, about 2 and a half to 1. Humping around, the M-16 was better, because of the weight difference of the weapon and ammo. What else do you want to know, maggot?

Here is what it boils down to. You're a right-wing idiot. I'm old enough to quiz you and find out how old you are, though it would be hard for me, because you're a stupid person who probably knows little about the world they lived in. You right-wingers are ridiculous, because you think you know things and you don't know shit.

Not having to load as often when you're at the range.......there over 300 million guns in this country and no doubt millions of 30 round magazines and 99.99 aren't being used to kill people. I thought you spent time in the military, I would expect you to be familiar with firearms..... or did you just learn about scrapers, paint brushes, mops and battleship gray?

Not having to load as often when you're at the range.......there over 300 million guns in this country and no doubt millions of 30 round magazines and 99.99 aren't being used to kill people. I thought you spent time in the military, I would expect you to be familiar with firearms..... or did you just learn about scrapers, paint brushes, mops and battleship gray?

Another fine example of how fuked in the head you gun nutters are.

You think your inconvience of haveing to reload more often at the range is more important than keeping crazies with multiple 30 round magazines from hunting kids in schools.

You gun nutters are all a fuked up bunch of people.

And you are bringing more extreme gun control legislation down on YOURSELVES becaue you have such a fuked up attitude. You all are not part of the solution because you are the damn problem. Politicians are forced to deal not only with the idea of crazies getting access to extremely lethal weapons, but they have to worry about fools like you nutters doing something crazy as well.

You all will reap what you sow.

I was in the Marine Corps in '73, you fool! We trained at PI with M-14s, not M-16s. I actually like the M-14 better, even though it weighed 11 and a half pounds to 7 and a half and the rounds were much heavier, about 2 and a half to 1. Humping around, the M-16 was better, because of the weight difference of the weapon and ammo. What else do you want to know, maggot?

Here is what it boils down to. You're a right-wing idiot. I'm old enough to quiz you and find out how old you are, though it would be hard for me, because you're a stupid person who probably knows little about the world they lived in. You right-wingers are ridiculous, because you think you know things and you don't know shit.

Got out on a Section 8?

You dont know jack shit about guns.

Another fine example of how fuked in the head you gun nutters are.

You think your inconvience of haveing to reload more often at the range is more important than keeping crazies with multiple 30 round magazines from hunting kids in schools.

You gun nutters are all a fuked up bunch of people.

And you are bringing more extreme gun control legislation down on YOURSELVES becaue you have such a fuked up attitude. You all are not part of the solution because you are the damn problem. Politicians are forced to deal not only with the idea of crazies getting access to extremely lethal weapons, but they have to worry about fools like you nutters doing something crazy as well.

You all will reap what you sow.

You think you can't hunt kids with multiple 10 rd magazines? You're the one fukked in the head, s0n.

Got out on a Section 8?

You dont know jack shit about guns.

What's a Stoner, by the way?

Forum List

Back