A Little Reality in a Sea of Fantasy on Gun Control

What is the reason for having a rifle or gun in the first place?

Most people would say either for hunting or for home defense.

In either case, accuracy is the main point, because if you can't hit your target, you either get invaded or go hungry.

Bolt action rifles are MUCH more accurate than semi automatics.

So why do you really need a semi-auto rifle?

Question:
Did Iraqi al Qaeda know this when so many brothers died from head shots when fighting Marines using M-16/M-4A's?
Someone once asked my how to get to Carnegie Hall. I told them practice, practice.

It's a 5 round magazine. Sooooo? Funny you didn't ask what caliber?

Duh, the caliber is listed in the OP. No, that's NOT a 5-round magazine.

That's right it's chambered for the Remington .223, but it also comes in 7.62x39, which happens to be a very good deer round up to 250-300 yards. I've used both to hunt coyote and deer. BTW can you prove it's not a 5 round mag?

I own that exact gun. The magazine is 20rds. So what? The 2A is not about hunting.

In either case, accuracy is the main point, because if you can't hit your target, you either get invaded or go hungry.

No they aren't. The longest documented sniper shot was made with an M82A1, which is a semi automatic rifle.

I may, or may not, need a semi automatic rifle, you definitely need a brain.

My reason for having a semi auto is that I like them and want one. I really don't need a reason beyond that.

REALLY ridiculous claim.

To operate a bolt action, you have to take your hand off the rifle and operate the bolt, losing your sight picture/sight alignment, then reacquire the target. With a semi-auto, you don't have to do any of that.

In a situation where fractions of a second count, this could mean the difference between life and death.

REALLY ridiculous claim.

To operate a bolt action, you have to take your hand off the rifle and operate the bolt, losing your sight picture/sight alignment, then reacquire the target. With a semi-auto, you don't have to do any of that.

In a situation where fractions of a second count, this could mean the difference between life and death.

Who uses a bolt action gun for home defense? The point of defense is fast acquisition of the target and multiple hits. Accuracy at close quarters is not an issue.

I really wonder if BikerFukker ever handled a weapon in his life.

A Little Reality in a Sea of Fantasy on Gun Control​

By: CJ

I think it’s about time to sit down and talk with you realistically about the ignorance of those advocating for bans on so-called “assault weapons” (AW) and so-called “high-capacity” magazines.

First and foremost, I object to the use of both terms. They are nothing more than scare tactics designed by opponents to create fear of inanimate objects. They are used to assume there is safety in less capacity and less menacing characterics. However, I use the terms merely to sync my words with the common media vernacular to avoid confusion.

To be honest, I’m not even sure what constitutes an AW. I know that ARs and AKs fit into that category, but the using the 90′s AW ban as a guideline, the possibilities of defining a rifle as an AW are virtually limitless. Take the Ruger Mini-14, for example.
Mini14-620x213.jpg

I think everyone, including the gun control nazis, that this is a perfectly acceptable gun that we can trust the general population to own. It looks likes a perfectly fine weapon for hunting (understanding that the 2nd Amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting, as I’ve previously explained), right?

There is no extendable stock. It doesn’t have an evil pistol grip. It’s got a wooden frame instead of a black one. The magazine cannot hold 30 or more rounds. None of those murder-prone picatinny rails. It’s just a down-to-earth, typical American rifle one would expect to see in the back window of a pickup truck. But, it does shoot the standard .223 or 5.56mm rounds that most ARs shoot.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
A Little Reality in a Sea of Fantasy on Gun Control | Flopping Aces

BTW...., Whay is pictured here in reality is an inanimate object that can only be actuated by an individual whether insane or sane. Now why would sane person want to ban an inanimate object when it's the insane and psychotic should be controlled?

The media didn't invent the terms assault weapons or “high-capacity” magazines and you saying you don't know what it means, just means you are dumb.

The M-14 issued to me at PI had a wooden stock. Your Ruger Mini-14 is an assault weapon and are you telling me you can't buy a “high-capacity” magazine for it?

Ruger Mini-14 .223/5.56 Mag., 30-Rd : HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINE | Brownells

Well, I can!

Do you realize how lame and stupid you people are who believe the government should do nothing? Everytime you open your mouths you make a fool out of yourselves.

It is called the Bill of Rights. Not the Bill of Needs.

Now, if you would have said: It is called the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Lefts, you would have giving these wingnuts some ammo.

Why can't their brains think this shit up?

I think it’s about time to sit down and talk with you realistically about the ignorance of those advocating for bans on so-called “assault weapons” (AW) and so-called “high-capacity” magazines.

First and foremost, I object to the use of both terms. They are nothing more than scare tactics designed by opponents to create fear of inanimate objects. They are used to assume there is safety in less capacity and less menacing characterics. However, I use the terms merely to sync my words with the common media vernacular to avoid confusion.

To be honest, I’m not even sure what constitutes an AW. I know that ARs and AKs fit into that category, but the using the 90′s AW ban as a guideline, the possibilities of defining a rifle as an AW are virtually limitless. Take the Ruger Mini-14, for example.
Mini14-620x213.jpg

I think everyone, including the gun control nazis, that this is a perfectly acceptable gun that we can trust the general population to own. It looks likes a perfectly fine weapon for hunting (understanding that the 2nd Amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting, as I’ve previously explained), right?

There is no extendable stock. It doesn’t have an evil pistol grip. It’s got a wooden frame instead of a black one. The magazine cannot hold 30 or more rounds. None of those murder-prone picatinny rails. It’s just a down-to-earth, typical American rifle one would expect to see in the back window of a pickup truck. But, it does shoot the standard .223 or 5.56mm rounds that most ARs shoot.

[Excerpt]

Read more:

BTW...., Whay is pictured here in reality is an inanimate object that can only be actuated by an individual whether insane or sane. Now why would sane person want to ban an inanimate object when it's the insane and psychotic should be controlled?

The media didn't invent the terms assault weapons or “high-capacity” magazines and you saying you don't know what it means, just means you are dumb.

The M-14 issued to me at PI had a wooden stock. Your Ruger Mini-14 is an assault weapon and are you telling me you can't buy a “high-capacity” magazine for it?

Well, I can!

Do you realize how lame and stupid you people are who believe the government should do nothing? Everytime you open your mouths you make a fool out of yourselves.

You're kind of stupid, aren't you? The media invented the term "assault rifle." There is no definition of one, other than something that looks mean. And California does not consider the Mini an assault rifle. Why do you?

Hey cool back to playing; what is this?

I thought you fuking gun nutters knew your guns? Why in the fuk are you always asking; what is this what is that what is this.

Buy a fuking gun book. Maybe you can figure it out. But I doubt it.

Mini14-620x213.jpg

[Excerpt]

Read more:

Well, I can!

You're kind of stupid, aren't you? The media invented the term "assault rifle." There is no definition of one, other than something that looks mean. And California does not consider the Mini an assault rifle. Why do you?

I went to gun shops before you were born and bought an AR-15 in '75. I know what they called it and what they called magazines that can hold more rounds.

Now, take your toy and hunt some boar!

Mini14-620x213.jpg

[Excerpt]

Read more:

Well, I can!

Nice strawman, he didn't say they were invented by the media, he said they are scare tactics. As for the definition, define assault weapon in functional terms that distinguish them from non assault weapons.

No they aren't. The longest documented sniper shot was made with an M82A1, which is a semi automatic rifle.

You're right the Barrett M82A1 Semi-auto .50 cal rifle. Hmm... just how many are in the hands of civilians? Not many.
The shot was made by a Canadian soldier in Afghanistan the distance 2,430 metres. What people don't realize is that the sniper took two previous shots at the same target, the third shot did the trick.

You're right the Barrett M82A1 Semi-auto .50 cal rifle. Hmm... just how many are in the hands of civilians? Not many.
The shot was made by a Canadian soldier in Afghanistan the distance 2,430 metres. What people don't realize is that the sniper took two previous shots at the same target, the third shot did the trick.

The guy wasn't a Marine, obviously.

The Barrett 82A1 is sold to anyone who wants it, the M stands for model, not military. Anyone that wants one, and is willing to fork over the money to buy it, can own one.

Barrett 82A1 Rifle System .50 BMG 29 ", W/Leupold Mk4 4.5-14x50mm Scope, Mounted, Monopod, 10 Rnd Mag - Impact Guns

Last edited:

Mini14-620x213.jpg

[Excerpt]

Read more:

Well, I can!

Nice strawman, he didn't say they were invented by the media, he said they are scare tactics. As for the definition, define assault weapon in functional terms that distinguish them from non assault weapons.

Bullshit! He defended saying it, until I told him I was there in gun shops long before gun control laws. Define it yourself, asshole, I'm not giving you anything, but a hard time. Did you bother to read this thread, hell no! It's so much easier for a right-winger to make shit up, isn't it? You're a lazy bunch of losers.

Well, I can!

I went to gun shops before you were born and bought an AR-15 in '75. I know what they called it and what they called magazines that can hold more rounds.

There were no gun shops before I was born, jerk off.
You shelled out money for an AR in 1975 and that makes you an expert? really? Probably couldn't even tell me what it was.

Well, I can!

Bullshit! He defended saying it, until I told him I was there in gun shops long before gun control laws. Define it yourself, asshole, I'm not giving you anything, but a hard time. Did you bother to read this thread, hell no! It's so much easier for a right-winger to make shit up, isn't it? You're a lazy bunch of losers.

Define assault weapon in terms of function in such a way that distinguishes them from non assault weapons.

There were no gun shops before I was born, jerk off.
You shelled out money for an AR in 1975 and that makes you an expert? really? Probably couldn't even tell me what it was.

It was around $300 as I recall and I do recall it being called an assault rifle. Before that they were all weapons to me. The simple point is the media did not make up the term assault rifle or weapon. You idiots make shit up and claim it's true.

Forum List

Back