A Little Reality in a Sea of Fantasy on Gun Control

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
A Little Reality in a Sea of Fantasy on Gun Control​

By: CJ

I think it’s about time to sit down and talk with you realistically about the ignorance of those advocating for bans on so-called “assault weapons” (AW) and so-called “high-capacity” magazines.

First and foremost, I object to the use of both terms. They are nothing more than scare tactics designed by opponents to create fear of inanimate objects. They are used to assume there is safety in less capacity and less menacing characterics. However, I use the terms merely to sync my words with the common media vernacular to avoid confusion.

To be honest, I’m not even sure what constitutes an AW. I know that ARs and AKs fit into that category, but the using the 90′s AW ban as a guideline, the possibilities of defining a rifle as an AW are virtually limitless. Take the Ruger Mini-14, for example.
Mini14-620x213.jpg

I think everyone, including the gun control nazis, that this is a perfectly acceptable gun that we can trust the general population to own. It looks likes a perfectly fine weapon for hunting (understanding that the 2nd Amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting, as I’ve previously explained), right?

There is no extendable stock. It doesn’t have an evil pistol grip. It’s got a wooden frame instead of a black one. The magazine cannot hold 30 or more rounds. None of those murder-prone picatinny rails. It’s just a down-to-earth, typical American rifle one would expect to see in the back window of a pickup truck. But, it does shoot the standard .223 or 5.56mm rounds that most ARs shoot.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
A Little Reality in a Sea of Fantasy on Gun Control | Flopping Aces

BTW...., Whay is pictured here in reality is an inanimate object that can only be actuated by an individual whether insane or sane. Now why would sane person want to ban an inanimate object when it's the insane and psychotic should be controlled?

Last edited:
Reality? What's the capacity of that magazine? Funny...

It's a 5 round magazine. Sooooo? Funny you didn't ask what caliber?

Duh, the caliber is listed in the OP. No, that's NOT a 5-round magazine.

That's right it's chambered for the Remington .223, but it also comes in 7.62x39, which happens to be a very good deer round up to 250-300 yards. I've used both to hunt coyote and deer. BTW can you prove it's not a 5 round mag?

It's a 5 round magazine. Sooooo? Funny you didn't ask what caliber?

Duh, the caliber is listed in the OP. No, that's NOT a 5-round magazine.

That's right it's chambered for the Remington .223, but it also comes in 7.62x39, which happens to be a very good deer round up to 250-300 yards. I've used both to hunt coyote and deer. BTW can you prove it's not a 5 round mag?

No, I can't prove that the magazine doesn't have a 5/10-round spacer...

What is the reason for having a rifle or gun in the first place?

Most people would say either for hunting or for home defense.

In either case, accuracy is the main point, because if you can't hit your target, you either get invaded or go hungry.

Bolt action rifles are MUCH more accurate than semi automatics.

So why do you really need a semi-auto rifle?

What is the reason for having a rifle or gun in the first place?

Most people would say either for hunting or for home defense.

In either case, accuracy is the main point, because if you can't hit your target, you either get invaded or go hungry.

Bolt action rifles are MUCH more accurate than semi automatics.

So why do you really need a semi-auto rifle?

No they aren't. The longest documented sniper shot was made with an M82A1, which is a semi automatic rifle.

I may, or may not, need a semi automatic rifle, you definitely need a brain.

Forum List

Back