A little Fun With Scotish Accent

Of all the trips I took overseas, the most difficult conversation I EVER had was Brit Air flight seated next to a mechanic for BAir.. I had just BEEN in Scotland and was getting used to the dialect. But the added cabin noise and his REALLY thick accent just did me in..

They come in different strengths.. Scotty on Star Trek was a breeze compared to some.. :lol:

Of all the trips I took overseas, the most difficult conversation I EVER had was Brit Air flight seated next to a mechanic for BAir.. I had just BEEN in Scotland and was getting used to the dialect. But the added cabin noise and his REALLY thick accent just did me in..

They come in different strengths.. Scotty on Star Trek was a breeze compared to some.. :lol:
I knew a bartender from Scotland and he could lay that accent on so thick it sounded like a foreign LANGUAGE.

TOTALLY incomprehensible to anyone not accustomed to it.

I knew a bartender from Scotland and he could lay that accent on so thick it sounded like a foreign LANGUAGE.

I still wonder if this guy did it on purpose in order to not feel obliged to chat for that 7 hours.. :banana:

I still wonder if this guy did it on purpose in order to not feel obliged to chat for that 7 hours.. :banana:

Lol, 7 hours is a short conversation for me, dude.

This looks like an SNL clip, but it is still funny, somehow.

I worked at a company where two of the overseas staff
would come to visit from Scotland. My mgr who spoke more Chinese than English
asked me to prepare to translate for him whatever they said, because he could not understand a word.

I didn't understand why he would ask that....

Until I understood why he asked that!

I love all these strange Anglo Saxons accents!!!! I just love them! :biggrin:

Forum List

Back