A List of What America has done to help Iraqi Christians:

So, you're now saying that you don't think the government should have specifically helped Iraqi Christians? Which is it then? Why don't you qualify your point more thoroughly then and explain what this thread was all about?

EITHER

you help the Christians and ONLY the Christians

OR

You completely ignore them and whatever happens, happens.

Is that how you see it?

For those on the right in this country, it's always "either/or". They live in a world of "Line Art". Everything is so conveniently "good/evil", "right/wrong", "black/white".

Unfortunately for them, life comes in shades and colors. Rarely are choices, like solutions - "simple".

WTF are you talking about? Are you a complete idiot? You're complaining that the US government didn't specifically help a religious group of people?? You think the US government should have specifically helped the Christians in Iraq? In what way? Why don't you define for me how you would have expected the US government to help Iraqi christians that they wouldn't have done for any other Iraqi citizen regardless of religious affiliation?

The US helped the "Muslims".

Full Text of Iraqi Constitution - washingtonpost.com

Article 2:
First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:
A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

-----You can't say Republcians didn't influence the Iraqi's when they were creating their consitution. They were able to include a Public Option:

Article 31:
First: Every citizen has the right to health care. The state takes care of public health and provide the means of prevention and treatment by building different types of hospitals and medical institutions.
Second: Individuals and institutions may build hospitals or clinics or places for treatment with the supervision of the state and this shall be regulated by law.

-------Representation by women:

Article 47:
Fourth: The elections law aims to achieve a percentage of women representation not less than one-quarter of the Council of Representatives members.

--------The iraqi's would never have come up with that on their own. They put women in bags. Of course, since women can't leave home without a male excort and are no longer educated, very few will ever take one of those seats.

The women of Iraq - part I - Radio Netherlands Worldwide - English

Iraqi women were among the most modern in the Middle East: highly educated, often working outside the home and dressed according to the latest fashion. Four years after the fall of Saddam Hussein, they have lost most of their liberties, and both Muslim and Christian women risk their lives just walking the streets without a veil.

Iraqi women are losing more ground every day. She does not want to trivialise Saddam Hussein's atrocities, but argues that Iraqi women have far less rights today than they did under the former dictator.

So now the 'republicans' helped them write their constitution? Where is your proof of that? And their culture is muslim, had they been forced to create a republic without any religion the left would have been screaming about how we're imperialist and forcing our values and customs on them. Give me a break, this is all a bunch of bullshit.

Actually, Iraqi Christians were among the most highly educated people in Iraq. They worked in the government and the private sector as doctors, teachers, administrators among other fields.
Ah! So they're REPUBLICAN CHRISTIANS!

Well, then they can go die...including the 7% of scientists.

Republican Christians? Then they probably wouldn't be doctors or teachers of any note.

Doctors study the "SCIENCE" of evolution.

I once watched conservative Bay Buchanan, while on Anderson Cooper, say that "intellectuals" weren't welcome in the Republican Party. Cooper was dumbstruck. "Intellectuals NOT wanted"? Then she repeated that at least twice more.

But I didn't realize Republicans also wanted them "dead". Odd, very odd.

The 'science' of evolution? What science is that exactly? :lol:

The list starts here:

Now's your chance! When does your mission trip to Iraq begin?

I am reasonibly sure that the OP is not looking for any answer that he will not try to refute. There are many things that Americans have done in Iraq that would fall into the category of wonderful help for their people, of any religion.

I have never seen so many idiots as have responded to this post up to now. I will be compiling a list, and links, If I have time. However, I will post it knowing that the attacks will begin immediately.

The list starts here:

I am reasonibly sure that the OP is not looking for any answer that he will not try to refute. There are many things that Americans have done in Iraq that would fall into the category of wonderful help for their people, of any religion.

I have never seen so many idiots as have responded to this post up to now. I will be compiling a list, and links, If I have time. However, I will post it knowing that the attacks will begin immediately.

Believe me, I would be very happy to see such a list.

There are the Christians still in Iraq. How have their lives improved? We already know that the government will not include them in any oil revenues.

Then there are the Christians living in the surrounding countries. It is illegal for refugees to work in Middle Eastern countries. That usually means the Christians will be taken advantage of. They will work at a low wage, they can't complain about not being paid, they steal, they beg and they whore. Otherwise, they get handouts from the church or from relatives. Or they live off dwindling resources.

Everything that has happened to them came from us. We brought Southeast Asians here. We let the Cubans stay. Bush and the Republcians wouldn't let the Iraqi Christians come because it would be an admission of "failure" for their delusional program of "freedom" and "diversity". Republicans aren't even diverse here. And they certainly don't want "freedom" for ALL Americans.

The list starts here:

I really would like to see a list of what Republicans have done for Iraqi Christians. So far, it seems to have been limited to Christian annihilation in Iraq. I look forward to be proven wrong.

I really would like to see a list of what Republicans have done for Iraqi Christians. So far, it seems to have been limited to Christian annihilation in Iraq. I look forward to be proven wrong.

Why don't you explain why it's up to the Republicans to do anything for them in the first place?

Forum List

Back