A List of What America has done to help Iraqi Christians:

The list starts here:

What's your point? The government has helped all Iraqi citizens regardless of their religious affiliation. You have absolutely no clue what private churches or christian ministries throughout the US have done. So, who were you referring too exactly?

The list starts here:

What's your point? The government has helped all Iraqi citizens regardless of their religious affiliation. You have absolutely no clue what private churches or christian ministries throughout the US have done. So, who were you referring too exactly?

------------------------------------

Journalist Asks Bush to Protect Iraqi Christians

The question we posed in our column remains valid: Does Bush want to go down in history as the U.S. President who launched a war that resulted in the destruction of the Christian community in Iraq?

Neglect of Iraqi Christians by President Bush

Why has this administration sat idly by and allowed Christians to be butchered like sheep in Iraq? Haven't we done enough to support the Western powers that be? We fought for the allies in WWI we fought for the allies again in WWII! We gave our lives willingly under the agreement that we would be given a piece of land were we could dwell in safety.

-----------------------------------

Newsmax - Iraqi Christians Stranded in Jordan

Top church leaders in the Assyrian, Chaldean, and evangelical communities confirmed that they had never received a visit from anyone from the U.S. embassy since the liberation of Iraq in 2003.

Mideast?s Christians Declining in Influence

The story has been similar in Iraq. Of the 1.4 million Christians there at the time of the American invasion in 2003, nearly half have fled, according to American government reports and local Iraqi Christians. (The current estimate is that only 0.4 million remain in Iraq)

Many left early in the war when they were attacked for working with the Americans, but the exodus gained speed when Christians became targets in Iraq’s raging sectarian war. Churches were bombed, and priests as well as lay Christians were murdered. As recently as March 2008, an archbishop was kidnapped and killed outside the northern city of Mosul.

----------------------------------------

Full Text of Iraqi Constitution - washingtonpost.com

Article 2:
First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:
A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

---------------------------------------

How can Republcians claim knowledge and support for something they clearly REFUSE to learn anything about?

And once again, I provide links, but it doesn't stop ignorant people from calling me "stupid".

Last edited by a moderator:
The list starts here:

The question we posed in our column remains valid: Does Bush want to go down in history as the U.S. President who launched a war that resulted in the destruction of the Christian community in Iraq?

Why has this administration sat idly by and allowed Christians to be butchered like sheep in Iraq? Haven't we done enough to support the Western powers that be? We fought for the allies in WWI we fought for the allies again in WWII! We gave our lives willingly under the agreement that we would be given a piece of land were we could dwell in safety.

Top church leaders in the Assyrian, Chaldean, and evangelical communities confirmed that they had never received a visit from anyone from the U.S. embassy since the liberation of Iraq in 2003.

The story has been similar in Iraq. Of the 1.4 million Christians there at the time of the American invasion in 2003, nearly half have fled, according to American government reports and local Iraqi Christians. (The current estimate is that only 0.4 million remain in Iraq)

Many left early in the war when they were attacked for working with the Americans, but the exodus gained speed when Christians became targets in Iraq’s raging sectarian war. Churches were bombed, and priests as well as lay Christians were murdered. As recently as March 2008, an archbishop was kidnapped and killed outside the northern city of Mosul.

Article 2:
First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:
A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

How can Republcians claim knowledge and support for something they clearly REFUSE to learn anything about?

And once again, I provide links, but it doesn't stop ignorant people from calling me "stupid".

So, you wanted the United States government to specifically only offer help to one group of Iraqi's based on religious affiliation, and because they did not, you're bashing them? Gotta love it. :lol:

Article 2:

So, you wanted the United States government to specifically only offer help to one group of Iraqi's based on religious affiliation, and because they did not, you're bashing them? Gotta love it. :lol:

Was that what I was saying? Can you quote me. LSOS
So are you saying "good riddance"?

So, you're now saying that you don't think the government should have specifically helped Iraqi Christians? Which is it then? Why don't you qualify your point more thoroughly then and explain what this thread was all about?

You see...fellow Christians are thrown under the bus if it is politically and economically profitable. Not the first time it's happened....but it's hard to hide in this instance. Tho, some are certainly trying hard to deny it or ignore it.

That's obviously because 7% of Iraqi Christians are scientists.

What? Can't handle THE TRUTH, rdean?

That's obviously because 7% of Iraqi Christians are scientists.

What? Can't handle THE TRUTH, rdean?

Actually, Iraqi Christians were among the most highly educated people in Iraq. They worked in the government and the private sector as doctors, teachers, administrators among other fields. I suspect you yourself are a "Christian". Do you feel comfortable supporting policies that have been detrimental to others of your religion?

Small Town in Sweden Accepted More Iraqi Refugees than the Entire United States - Atlantic Review - Analysis of Transatlantic Relations and U.S. Foreign Policy

Iraq Christians face 'bleak future'

"I think the Christians are caught in the middle of a horrible situation," said U.S. Rep. Anna Eshoo, a California Democrat of Assyrian and Armenian ancestry. She said Iraqi Christians are suffering as a result of "religious cleansing,"

Iraq's Christian population has fallen from as many as 1.4 million in 2003 to between 500,000 and 700,000 more recently, according to the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom. (I know the current estimate is around 400,000)

Last edited by a moderator:
So, you're now saying that you don't think the government should have specifically helped Iraqi Christians? Which is it then? Why don't you qualify your point more thoroughly then and explain what this thread was all about?

EITHER

you help the Christians and ONLY the Christians

OR

You completely ignore them and whatever happens, happens.

Is that how you see it?

For those on the right in this country, it's always "either/or". They live in a world of "Line Art". Everything is so conveniently "good/evil", "right/wrong", "black/white".

Unfortunately for them, life comes in shades and colors. Rarely are choices, like solutions - "simple".

lineart_01.jpg

Actually, Iraqi Christians were among the most highly educated people in Iraq. They worked in the government and the private sector as doctors, teachers, administrators among other fields.
Ah! So they're REPUBLICAN CHRISTIANS!

Well, then they can go die...including the 7% of scientists.

EITHER

OR

Is that how you see it?

For those on the right in this country, it's always "either/or". They live in a world of "Line Art". Everything is so conveniently "good/evil", "right/wrong", "black/white".

Unfortunately for them, life comes in shades and colors. Rarely are choices, like solutions - "simple".

WTF are you talking about? Are you a complete idiot? You're complaining that the US government didn't specifically help a religious group of people?? You think the US government should have specifically helped the Christians in Iraq? In what way? Why don't you define for me how you would have expected the US government to help Iraqi christians that they wouldn't have done for any other Iraqi citizen regardless of religious affiliation?

EITHER

OR

Is that how you see it?

WTF are you talking about? Are you a complete idiot? You're complaining that the US government didn't specifically help a religious group of people?? You think the US government should have specifically helped the Christians in Iraq? In what way? Why don't you define for me how you would have expected the US government to help Iraqi christians that they wouldn't have done for any other Iraqi citizen regardless of religious affiliation?

I can only answer one of those questions but, we have done the research and the out come confirms that the answer to question 2 "are you a complete idiot?" is yes, he is.

Gunny you are a dumb stupid waste of humanity. A true ChatNazi. You cant ban me GUNNY never.

I am the YUKON MAN.

Actually, Iraqi Christians were among the most highly educated people in Iraq. They worked in the government and the private sector as doctors, teachers, administrators among other fields.
Ah! So they're REPUBLICAN CHRISTIANS!

Well, then they can go die...including the 7% of scientists.

Republican Christians? Then they probably wouldn't be doctors or teachers of any note.

Doctors study the "SCIENCE" of evolution.

I once watched conservative Bay Buchanan, while on Anderson Cooper, say that "intellectuals" weren't welcome in the Republican Party. Cooper was dumbstruck. "Intellectuals NOT wanted"? Then she repeated that at least twice more.

But I didn't realize Republicans also wanted them "dead". Odd, very odd.

Forum List

Back