A liberals view of "Conservatism".

Troll thread of the day!

Since you've never met a conservative in real life, and you are incapable of learning from the ones here, why I am surprised that you have it all wrong?

There is very little to learn from the Conservatives here that you did not already learn in primary school.
Really? It's not the right that's whining about what's faaaaaair!!

I do not believe this.

Reality doesn't require your belief.

When the first proto-human ate a rbbit, he did so out of selfishness, out of a desire to preserve his life over the life of the rabbit.

Every step of human evolution has been a matter of the human seeking his own survival over that of other animals and plants.

That's why it's called "survival of the fittest," rather than "survival of the stupid."

Human life in Western Culture is the physical manifestation of selfishness.

Selfishness is simply the survival instinct. There are humans, who have the survival instinct and thrive. Then there are lemmings, who lack the survival instinct and vote democrat.

If only we could return to the middle ages, people were so much better off...

There is and have been many cultures around the world that are not selfish in the least.

Bullshit.

Your fantasy is not reality.
Ofcourse grand western empire mentality has done much to destroy this line of thinking. Native Americans is a fitting example.

Oh yeah, they were just fucking great. Perpetual gang warfare, starvation and disease, toil from dawn to sundown in an attempt to scratch a meager existence from a hostile land.

Brilliant.

Actually they were just fucking great. When columbus found america there were 3.5 million indians, doing quite well. Thats a far cry from a meager existence in a hostile land. History shows us that there was little starvation, before the white man came.

The whole scratching a meager existence started with white people. Within 5 years of the begining of colonization more then 2.5 million indians were killed. Colonial governments made dozens of peace treaty's with the indians, and systematically violated each and every one. Death marches to west was common, and often 50% of the marchers would not survive. Lets not forget the blankets. We gave them disease as part of a peace treaty between a colony and the indians!

Look you might want to take another look at the world you live in, cause its not really that great. Plus your history knowlage is lacking.

I do not believe this.

When the first proto-human ate a rbbit, he did so out of selfishness, out of a desire to preserve his life over the life of the rabbit.

Every step of human evolution has been a matter of the human seeking his own survival over that of other animals and plants.

That's why it's called "survival of the fittest," rather than "survival of the stupid."

Selfishness is simply the survival instinct. There are humans, who have the survival instinct and thrive. Then there are lemmings, who lack the survival instinct and vote democrat.

Bullshit.

Ofcourse grand western empire mentality has done much to destroy this line of thinking. Native Americans is a fitting example.

Oh yeah, they were just fucking great. Perpetual gang warfare, starvation and disease, toil from dawn to sundown in an attempt to scratch a meager existence from a hostile land.

Brilliant.

Actually they were just fucking great. When columbus found america there were 3.5 million indians, doing quite well. Thats a far cry from a meager existence in a hostile land. History shows us that there was little starvation, before the white man came.

The whole scratching a meager existence started with white people. Within 5 years of the begining of colonization more then 2.5 million indians were killed. Colonial governments made dozens of peace treaty's with the indians, and systematically violated each and every one. Death marches to west was common, and often 50% of the marchers would not survive. Lets not forget the blankets. We gave them disease as part of a peace treaty between a colony and the indians!

Look you might want to take another look at the world you live in, cause its not really that great. Plus your history knowlage is lacking.

What a crock of shit..

What do you mean there were 3.5 million indians???

In what universe did the indians take a census??

No one knows how many indians there were. Also, most indians died from diseases they had no immunities from. Lets also not forget that the "New World" was far from a utopia before the settlers arrived. Tribal warfare was quite common, and once the settlers did arrive some tribes made alliances with the settlers....

The notion that the settlers came here and slaughtered indians is total bullshit.

The Spaniards certainly did commit atrocities, however that was in Mexico and South America with Cortes...

Bullshit.

Brilliant.

What a crock of shit..

No one knows how many indians there were. Also, most indians died from diseases they had no immunities from. Lets also not forget that the "New World" was far from a utopia before the settlers arrived. Tribal warfare was quite common, and once the settlers did arrive some tribes made alliances with the settlers....

The notion that the settlers came here and slaughtered indians is total bullshit.

The Spaniards certainly did commit atrocities, however that was in Mexico and South America with Cortes...

Look nick, your a dumbfuck. Quite honestly not one of my posts are intended for you, and so far as I am concerned you can just ignore them.

I am just not interested in debating topics with you that are well understood to be truths in the educated community.

I'm new here, but guess I will just dive in and give my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Conservatives insist they are for "individual freedom" and work tirelessly to limit women's rights, gay's rights and end anything "anti discrimination".

I do not believe in limiting women's rights. If a woman decides she does not want to go through with a pregnancy, she and she alone must deal and live with this. But I do believe that physicians should NOT be allowed to perform these past the first trimester. With technology we have today, you can found out if you're pregnant practically before you miss your period. It can't be an easy decision to make. I would not want one myself necessarily, but to each his own. If we are talking about women's "rights" though I think we also need to address the issue of self-defense and indepedence, etc. If some asshole is attempting to rape me, I should be able to fight back any way I can, even shoot him if I can. There are a lot of things women have put up with over the years, which they should not. Lots of "rights" here.

When I ask Conservatives to explain their position, it's never clear. Their answers are things like "make better" and "go back to when it was better" and "bring God back".

While a great deal today is definitely better, I believe there was a time when everyone worked together. When "freeloading" was frowned upon. My grandparents and parents grew up during the Great Depression. They refused "relief" from the government and made do, were very independent and self-reliant. People were made to accept responsibility for their actions at one time. You made a choice, you took the blame. I can remember being told as a child "you make your bed, you lie in it."

So, this is THIS liberals view of what it means to be a conservative:

Tax cuts for the wealthy because they make jobs.

As a business owner, at least in MY state, you pay not only self-employement tax, but B&O tax right off the top, no deductions. Then you pay of course all your own social security, medicare, and federal income tax. Increasing and increasing these taxes only means many businesses have to lay off employees, usually last hired, first fired. people who start their own business soon change their tune about taxing the wealthy. The more you make, the more tax you pay. Where does it stop? You make a million bucks, you pay half to the government? for whom? who is the beneficiary of this? Don't you think that said business person would then say, well why should I kill myself making a million bucks if I have to pay half to the goverment. I'm downsizing, so I only make 500,000. Then if he still has to pay half, down size again, until pretty soon NOBODY is making very much, nothing is being paid in taxes to speak of. Then where the government going to get the money for all of the things it wants to spend on?

Morals MUST be legislated. Otherwise, people will run crazy and have sex everywhere if not stopped.

I don't believe in that at all. What goes on between consenting adults. I don't think many people want to "have sex everywhere." Ewww, not a pretty sight.

Science must be "balanced" with God.

Here again, not my thinking either. I do believe in God, but not in organized religion. Science is not exact in many arenas, not at all. One minute you can't drink coffee, it'll ruin your heart; then oh no coffee has antioxidants, and on and on.

We need to return to a better time when blacks knew their place, women were in the kitchen, and gays were in the closet.

I don't know where you heart THAT bit of nonsense. The "place" for blacks is being self-reliant and not dependent on the government. Women in the kitchen? Ask my husband - HE is the cook. My kitchen duties consist of starting the dishwasher!! My "place" is whereever the hell I want to be!! As far as gays, I couldn't care less what they do. That's not even an issue with me. Let em get married, whatever they want.

Stop trying to rebuild America. If a bridge is needed, let the locals build it.

I thought our gas taxes, auto license tabs, taxes, etc. were supposed to pay for road repair, building of bridges and whatnot yes. Unfortunately that money has been spent on Lord only knows what, until they want more and more.

We don't need health care. We have prayer and can go visit a doctor at last resort.

Yes, we DO need healthcare, but not at the direction of the government. Let the company compete, like auto insurance companies do, for the best deal. Or at least let there be healthcare available to those who WANT it I guess, but isn't that already in place - Medicaid? As far as prayer, can't hurt, if I had a loved one in ICU, I'd be saying a few prayers.

We don't need "facts". People are over-educated. Just use common sense.

Again science is not exact. STudies are not conclusive. I take about half of what most scientists say with a grain of salt. I mean driving cars causes glaciers to melt. really? then how did they melt thousands of years ago before cars? THAT's the common sense you might be talking about. Scientists change their minds about everything from soup to nuts -- don't like what they are saying today, tomorrow it will be something else

Democracy is good as long as it doesn't interfere with our Christian Values. Then we may need to "tweak" it.

I don't have any "Christian" values - just the values of common decency and respect for others and treating others as I would like to be treated. Manners, etc.

We need to "return" to basics in education (I can never figure out what that means. Our scientists are coming from somewhere. They didn't all get a private education.)

It means a 10 year old need not know how to put a condom on a banana, they need to learn to read and do basic math at least, science, social studies, etc. They'll be able to then read the condom package and figure it out. It's not rocket science.

I just wish conservatives would explain to me where "education" and "science" fits into their philosophy. What does it mean to the right to be a conservative? Unless I nailed it

I've pretty much told you where I'm coming from. I simply believe that everyone should strive to be the best they can be, be self-reliant and a contributing member of societ instead of a parasite.

Last edited:

What a crock of shit..

Look nick, your a dumbfuck. Quite honestly not one of my posts are intended for you, and so far as I am concerned you can just ignore them.

I am just not interested in debating topics with you that are well understood to be truths in the educated community.

I'm a "dumbfuck?"

I'm not the one just making up history and asserting that the evil "white man" came across the Atlantic and started slaughtering indians for no damn reason...

But your assertions are typical progressive brainwashing which you must have learned from fellow progressives..

Let me guess you probably believe the settlers knowingly gave "infected" blankets to the indians too - despite the fact they had no knowledge of how diseases were passed and no concept of what a disease actually was..

Like I said most indians died due to diseases the "white man" carried and were immune to and the indians lacked the immunities to fend off those said diseases.

Even in modern times there are uncontacted tribes which outsiders are forbidden to contact due to the same aforementioned reasons.

Painting the settlers as blood thirsty lunatics that killed indians because they were "different" would be an historical atrocity within itself.

Yeah? Like claiming what you are claiming then claiming the moral high ground by supporting Obamacare under the guise of "it's the right thing to do".

Gimme me a fucking break.

And if that's all you got then you got nothing. Face it, you support a big, intrusive gubmint as long as it intrudes in the things you oppose. Period.

Just pointing out the colossal hypocrisy of your stance; and I do not support a big, intrusive government.. I never said that. I'll recap for you since you have obvious challenges in the comprehension department:

We live in society whereby we the people decide rules that we must live by... this is why you can't go around screwing children, euthanizing you 90 year old mother, marrying horses and driving on sidewalks. You can't just do whatever the hell you like... that's called anarchy.

Now you're just being ridiculous (actually STUPID). Let's take the items I referred to.....

Just because YOU oppose it why would you say a woman cannot get an abortion?

Just because YOU oppose abortion or doctors asking about guns in houses why would you want government to involve itself in conversations between doctors and their patients?

Just because YOU oppose euthanaisa why do you want the government to ban others from doing it?

Just because YOU oppose it why would do you want the government to stop others from participating in gay marriage?

Just because YOU oppose it why would you want government to make family decisions i.e. the Terri Schiavo case?

Just because YOU oppose it why would you want the government to write prostitution laws?

Just because YOU oppose it why would you want others from using medical marijuana?

You said....."We live in society whereby we the people decide rules that we must live by". Ok, fine.

What would you say if the majority of Americans DISAGREED with you on nearly every point listed above? (They do)

But either way you would still want a big, intrusive government involving itself in the private lives and decisions of others.

Actually they were just fucking great. When columbus found america there were 3.5 million indians, doing quite well.

Sure their were, they all lived in peace and prosperity with perfect harmony to the land.

Thats a far cry from a meager existence in a hostile land.

Indeed, the distance between the absurd fantasy and the harsh reality is a far cry.

History shows us that there was little starvation, before the white man came.

ROFL

Utter bullshit.

Starvation and disease were the norm. The Plains Indians lived and died by the migration of bison. A bad year and half the gang died. Child mortality was somewhere in the 80% range.

The whole scratching a meager existence started with white people. Within 5 years of the begining of colonization more then 2.5 million indians were killed.

Evil whites dropped nukes from B-52s on the peaceful and harmonious Indians!

Colonial governments made dozens of peace treaty's with the indians, and systematically violated each and every one.

Especially in 1500, when the evil whites murdered 2.5 million peaceful Indians who were busy inventing world peace and harmony with space aliens.

Death marches to west was common,

A daily occurrence. Prior to the founder of the Democratic Party, Andrew Jackson and the "Trail of Tears," there were billions (well, none really, but reality got nothing to do with this!)

and often 50% of the marchers would not survive. Lets not forget the blankets. We gave them disease as part of a peace treaty between a colony and the indians!

Only after dropping napalm on them from helicopters!

Yep, there was perfection, peace and love among all, harmony with all living beings...

Dude, get help - seriously; you have no grasp on reality.

And if that's all you got then you got nothing. Face it, you support a big, intrusive gubmint as long as it intrudes in the things you oppose. Period.

Just pointing out the colossal hypocrisy of your stance; and I do not support a big, intrusive government.. I never said that. I'll recap for you since you have obvious challenges in the comprehension department:

We live in society whereby we the people decide rules that we must live by... this is why you can't go around screwing children, euthanizing you 90 year old mother, marrying horses and driving on sidewalks. You can't just do whatever the hell you like... that's called anarchy.

Now you're just being ridiculous (actually STUPID). Let's take the items I referred to.....

Just because YOU oppose abortion or doctors asking about guns in houses why would you want government to involve itself in conversations between doctors and their patients?

Just because YOU oppose euthanaisa why do you want the government to ban others from doing it?

Just because YOU oppose it why would do you want the government to stop others from participating in gay marriage?

Just because YOU oppose it why would you want government to make family decisions i.e. the Terri Schiavo case?

Just because YOU oppose it why would you want the government to write prostitution laws?

Just because YOU oppose it why would you want others from using medical marijuana?

You said....."We live in society whereby we the people decide rules that we must live by". Ok, fine.

What would you say if the majority of Americans DISAGREED with you on nearly every point listed above? (They do)

But either way you would still want a big, intrusive government involving itself in the private lives and decisions of others.

Abortion is murder...

Only a sociopath would disagree.

What a crock of shit..

The utter shit some people believe is head-shaking.

The truth is that the North American Indians were a violent people who had been in a state of constant warfare for hundreds of years before Europeans showed up. The societies were basically the same as modern street gangs, with no defined property or boundaries, just "turf" that the hunter-gatherer groups killed over. These were stone age primitives who hadn't yet discovered the wheel, had no written language (I realize that some revisionists have invented an Iroquois alphabet, but that is an utter fraud) and survived hand to mouth. North America in 1500 was a glimpse into human life in 20,000 BC for the rest of the world, these were literally cave men, living a short and brutal life, filled with violence and deprivation.

To believe the idiocy and utter horseshit that Waterthetree spouts is no different than to believe that Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader are real. It is a fantasy of the mentally ill.

So if I'd posted an article that started off "The opposite of liberalism is strawberry jam", you'd read it and seriously consider it?

The author understands nothing about conservatism. We don't do classes. That's the left.

Actually you do classes. The business class. You're the aristocracy, favoring tax cuts for the rich while the poor and middle classes carry the weight.

Conservatives, in the Wall Street Journal for example, have no difficulty claiming to be the party of freedom in one breath and attacking civil liberties in the next.

Conservatives argue that freedom is not possible at all. Without the domination of conservatism, social order would require the external domination of state terror. internalized domination has not worked. What is unthinkable to Conservatives is the possibility that people might organize their lives in a democratic fashion.

Conservatives are terrified of OWS. They think it should be clamped down on. Squashed, repressed, shut down. Why not look at the questions liberals raise in good conscience?

Do environmental regulations work? Why should we protect the civil liberties of terrorists? Are liberals anti-American? What do we need government for anyway?

When ~50% pay not income tax at all (which is most of the poor and lower middle class), it immediately blows your little bullshit premise out of the water.... let alone the rest of your made up shit

Actually no. With the Chamber of Commerce giving to Republicans 9 to 1 over Democrats and the fear Republicans have ran on for the last 20 years, the Republican base defend leaders who have done nothing but shit right on their tiny, little heads.

Republican leaders have been in government for years. They fanned the idea that Obama wasn't born here. Even when a Republican governor in Hawaii said otherwise. Even though they knew the truth. The whole "pals around with terrorists" has been repeated so often, Republicans actually believe something so lame. Just like repeating over and over again there is a "controversy" in evolution. Or that "trickle down" works. Or Muslims hate us for our "freedom". Or there's lots of oil, we just haven't found it, or gays "recruit and that's why there's more gays. The list of ignorance is endless.

The ultra rich have bought and paid for Republican politicians. Those politicians are completely "owned". To think this enormous redistribution of wealth to the top 1% is because they "work harder" just shows more Republican ignorance and stupidity. A deadly combination. Add in greed and pure meanness and you have a party whose byline is "Let him die" that "applauds executions".

What a crock of shit..

The truth is that the North American Indians were a violent people who had been in a state of constant warfare for hundreds of years before Europeans showed up. The societies were basically the same as modern street gangs, with no defined property or boundaries, just "turf" that the hunter-gatherer groups killed over. These were stone age primitives who hadn't yet discovered the wheel, had no written language (I realize that some revisionists have invented an Iroquois alphabet, but that is an utter fraud) and survived hand to mouth. North America in 1500 was a glimpse into human life in 20,000 BC for the rest of the world, these were literally cave men, living a short and brutal life, filled with violence and deprivation.

To believe the idiocy and utter horseshit that Waterthetree spouts is no different than to believe that Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader are real. It is a fantasy of the mentally ill.

So if we were gods gift to the indians then where the fuck are they today???

I love making people like you look like the retard you are.

What a crock of shit..

So if we were gods gift to the indians then where the fuck are they today???

I love making people like you look like the retard you are.

I think Republicans think there might be a reservation in heaven. Maybe that's where they are?

Abortion is murder...

Judge much?

Modern Day Conservatism is the olitical codification of the Establishment and service to the Protection of Individual Liberty, Unalienable Rights.

That is such bullshit (and it doesn't surprise me that Daveman agreed, either). Modern day conservatives are NOTHING like the old school conservatism. You are NOT old school.

As for "the Protection of Individual Liberty, Unalienable Rights" you really don't have a clue, do you?

Are you for the Protection of Individual Liberty when you say a woman cannot get an abortion?

Are you for the Protection of Individual Liberty when you say you want government to involve itself in conversations between doctors and their patients?

Are you for the Protection of Individual Liberty when you say you oppose Euthanaisa laws?

Are you for the Protection of Individual Liberty when you oppose gay marriage?

Are you for the Protection of Individual Liberty when you want government to make family decisions i.e. the Terri Schiavo case?

Are you for the Protection of Individual Liberty when you oppose prostitution laws?

Are you for the Protection of Individual Liberty when you oppose medical marijuana laws?

You are NOT for limited government. You are really for a big, activist government and in reality oppose Individual Liberties.

Twit.

So, you're a fucking anachist. Awesome for you!

Hahahaha. To a statist like you Soggy, yeah someone who understands liberty would be much like an anarchist!

Actually you do classes. The business class. You're the aristocracy, favoring tax cuts for the rich while the poor and middle classes carry the weight.

Conservatives, in the Wall Street Journal for example, have no difficulty claiming to be the party of freedom in one breath and attacking civil liberties in the next.

Conservatives argue that freedom is not possible at all. Without the domination of conservatism, social order would require the external domination of state terror. internalized domination has not worked. What is unthinkable to Conservatives is the possibility that people might organize their lives in a democratic fashion.

Conservatives are terrified of OWS. They think it should be clamped down on. Squashed, repressed, shut down. Why not look at the questions liberals raise in good conscience?

Do environmental regulations work? Why should we protect the civil liberties of terrorists? Are liberals anti-American? What do we need government for anyway?

When ~50% pay not income tax at all (which is most of the poor and lower middle class), it immediately blows your little bullshit premise out of the water.... let alone the rest of your made up shit

Actually no. With the Chamber of Commerce giving to Republicans 9 to 1 over Democrats and the fear Republicans have ran on for the last 20 years, the Republican base defend leaders who have done nothing but shit right on their tiny, little heads.

Republican leaders have been in government for years. They fanned the idea that Obama wasn't born here. Even when a Republican governor in Hawaii said otherwise. Even though they knew the truth. The whole "pals around with terrorists" has been repeated so often, Republicans actually believe something so lame. Just like repeating over and over again there is a "controversy" in evolution. Or that "trickle down" works. Or Muslims hate us for our "freedom". Or there's lots of oil, we just haven't found it, or gays "recruit and that's why there's more gays. The list of ignorance is endless.

The ultra rich have bought and paid for Republican politicians. Those politicians are completely "owned". To think this enormous redistribution of wealth to the top 1% is because they "work harder" just shows more Republican ignorance and stupidity. A deadly combination. Add in greed and pure meanness and you have a party whose byline is "Let him die" that "applauds executions".

Please show the direct quotes from these leaders.. where are these things said by Steele...? By Boehner??? By Cain?? Give me something direct other than your leftwing BULLSHIT

Hard work is yet again one of your little trick phrases.... Now we can agree lifting 400 pounds is harder than filling out a contract, in terms of physical exertion... But what you fail to realize is that if everyone could be an account executive, a CEO, a metalurgical engineer, a corporate lawyer, etc.. THEY WOULD

And again.. please show the republican leader that said "let them die"

Until you can back up your made up bullshit, SHUT THE FUCK UP TROLL....

Please show the direct quotes from these leaders.. where are these things said by Steele...? By Boehner??? By Cain?? Give me something direct other than your leftwing BULLSHIT

Hard work is yet again one of your little trick phrases.... Now we can agree lifting 400 pounds is harder than filling out a contract, in terms of physical exertion... But what you fail to realize is that if everyone could be an account executive, a CEO, a metalurgical engineer, a corporate lawyer, etc.. THEY WOULD

Steele got fired. Didn't you know?

metalurgical engineer?

Steele got fired. Didn't you know?

metalurgical engineer?

Come on fuck nugget.. 1 leader... please.. ENLIGHTEN US.... Priebus... Newt... McCain.. ANYBODY IN LEADERSHIP.. please.. do it or SHUT THE FUCK UP

And if you do not know what a metallurgical engineer is.. perhaps you should get some education instead of making shit up

Abortion is murder...

Are you saying that the MAJORITY of Americans are sociopaths? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back