A liberals view of "Conservatism".

How about we do the conservative perspective of liberlism instead; I bet my list will be a bit more accurate.

"Whatever problem a person has in life, it is never, ever, ever, ever, EVER their fault therefore the individual need not be responsible for coming up with a solution to their problem."

"The purpose of government is to do stuff for people and eliminate all of life's risks and gaurantee outcomes."

"The constitution is really just a guide and need not be followed if not politically convenient."

"We are to use new math as liberals as we believe the rich still aren't paying their share even though they pay the bulk of the tax revenue already."

"We have goofy definitions of fair since we consider it unfair that any income tax above zero is unfair for the poor to have to pay."

How am I doing?

6% of scientists are Republican

Conservatives are always complaining that liberals have them all wrong. They will say they are the party of "moderate spending" even though it's under Republican presidents the deficit has exploded. And we can point to what the money is spent on. Things like Iraq and huge tax cuts for the wealthy. What have Democratic presidents spent money on? Republicans will say they give it away to poor people.

Conservatives insist they are for "individual freedom" and work tirelessly to limit women's rights, gay's rights and end anything "anti discrimination".

When I ask Conservatives to explain their position, it's never clear. Their answers are things like "make better" and "go back to when it was better" and "bring God back".

So, this is THIS liberals view of what it means to be a conservative:

Tax cuts for the wealthy because they make jobs.

Morals MUST be legislated. Otherwise, people will run crazy and have sex everywhere if not stopped.

Science must be "balanced" with God.

We need to return to a better time when blacks knew their place, women were in the kitchen, and gays were in the closet.

Stop trying to rebuild America. If a bridge is needed, let the locals build it.

We don't need health care. We have prayer and can go visit a doctor at last resort.

We don't need "facts". People are over-educated. Just use common sense.

Democracy is good as long as it doesn't interfere with our Christian Values. Then we may need to "tweak" it.

We need to "return" to basics in education (I can never figure out what that means. Our scientists are coming from somewhere. They didn't all get a private education.)

I just wish conservatives would explain to me where "education" and "science" fits into their philosophy. What does it mean to the right to be a conservative? Unless I nailed it.
Wrong as usual idiot. Obamaturd has spent more than Bush in less than three years even with Bush having two wars to fund. I am still laughing from your last post and you post this, keep the comic relief coming.

Troll thread of the day!

Since you've never met a conservative in real life, and you are incapable of learning from the ones here, why I am surprised that you have it all wrong?

Okay, he has it all wrong. Fair enough. Then please explain what exactly is "wrong" about these statements then? If todays conservatives do not feel this way now is the perfect time to prove him wrong and make him eat his words.

Morals MUST be legislated.

We don't need health care. We have prayer and can go visit a doctor at last resort.

1) Equalized tax rates on every dollar earned for all... and having everyone into the 'game' and eliminating the problem of ~50% paying no federal income tax... go ahead, keep the 'rich' rate at 38%, as long as everyone else has it too on every dollar earned... but the funny thing is, I bet you will hear people yelling from the rooftops about tax cuts and cutting govt spending
2) Funny, you want your morals legislated, and you never seem to complain about that
3) This has never been stated or put into place... but nice try by both of you fucking wingers
4) Please state where "rebuilding America" is frowned upon (as general a statement as it is)... and please understand that powers not specifically granted to the federal government within the constitution are reserved for the states and citizens
5) Please show where it is stated that prayer is supposed to take the place of taking care of yourself...

You fucking ignorant bastard

Translated: I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground so I'll try deflection instead. Way to put out a bunch on non-answers you fucking stupid moronic hypocrite.

:ahole-1:

Okay, he has it all wrong. Fair enough. Then please explain what exactly is "wrong" about these statements then? If todays conservatives do not feel this way now is the perfect time to prove him wrong and make him eat his words.

1) Equalized tax rates on every dollar earned for all... and having everyone into the 'game' and eliminating the problem of ~50% paying no federal income tax... go ahead, keep the 'rich' rate at 38%, as long as everyone else has it too on every dollar earned... but the funny thing is, I bet you will hear people yelling from the rooftops about tax cuts and cutting govt spending
2) Funny, you want your morals legislated, and you never seem to complain about that
3) This has never been stated or put into place... but nice try by both of you fucking wingers
4) Please state where "rebuilding America" is frowned upon (as general a statement as it is)... and please understand that powers not specifically granted to the federal government within the constitution are reserved for the states and citizens
5) Please show where it is stated that prayer is supposed to take the place of taking care of yourself...

Translated: I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground so I'll try deflection instead. Way to put out a bunch on non-answers you fucking stupid moronic hypocrite.

really??

Hmmm... set you straight on the absurd unsubstantiated bullshit Deano wrote... and you just hold your fingers in your ears and repeat "lalalalalalala"

The FACT is that Deano has simple regurgitated (for the umpteen thousandth time) his made up bullshit, and you bought it hook, line, and sinker.... he fully believes putting words in someone else's mouth constitutes 'proof' or 'truth' and you fall right in line, you sheep

Troll thread of the day!

Since you've never met a conservative in real life, and you are incapable of learning from the ones here, why I am surprised that you have it all wrong?

The democrats want to spend money on corporate handouts. They are incapable of balancing the budget because spending is the power that they sell to the highest bidder. Democrats see the need for social spending to keep the population in line, and prefer a social safety net to more paramilitary forces to keep people in line.

The republicans want to spend money on corporate handouts. They are incapable of balancing the budget because spending is the power that they sell to the highest bidder. Republicans see the need for spending on the police state to keep the population in line, and prefer a paramilitary force over a social safety net to keep the people in line.

Conservatives believe in a small limited government and want to spend money on defending our soil and specific productive national agenda's. They are capable of balancing the budget because what they sell is freedom to the population, not more government. Conservatives see the need for social spending to aid the poor and promote equality. They dont think the people need to be kept in line, but instead think the people will do just fine on there own.

I hope that clears things up for you.

Modern day conservatism is the political codification of selfishness.

Modern Day Conservatism is the olitical codification of the Establishment and service to the Protection of Individual Liberty, Unalienable Rights.

That is such bullshit (and it doesn't surprise me that Daveman agreed, either). Modern day conservatives are NOTHING like the old school conservatism. You are NOT old school.

As for "the Protection of Individual Liberty, Unalienable Rights" you really don't have a clue, do you?

Are you for the Protection of Individual Liberty when you say a woman cannot get an abortion?

Are you for the Protection of Individual Liberty when you say you want government to involve itself in conversations between doctors and their patients?

Are you for the Protection of Individual Liberty when you say you oppose Euthanaisa laws?

Are you for the Protection of Individual Liberty when you oppose gay marriage?

Are you for the Protection of Individual Liberty when you want government to make family decisions i.e. the Terri Schiavo case?

Are you for the Protection of Individual Liberty when you oppose prostitution laws?

Are you for the Protection of Individual Liberty when you oppose medical marijuana laws?

You are NOT for limited government. You are really for a big, activist government and in reality oppose Individual Liberties.

Twit.

Modern Day Conservatism is the olitical codification of the Establishment and service to the Protection of Individual Liberty, Unalienable Rights.

That is such bullshit (and it doesn't surprise me that Daveman agreed, either). Modern day conservatives are NOTHING like the old school conservatism. You are NOT old school.

As for "the Protection of Individual Liberty, Unalienable Rights" you really don't have a clue, do you?

Are you for the Protection of Individual Liberty when you say a woman cannot get an abortion?

Are you for the Protection of Individual Liberty when you say you want government to involve itself in conversations between doctors and their patients?

Are you for the Protection of Individual Liberty when you say you oppose Euthanaisa laws?

Are you for the Protection of Individual Liberty when you want government to make family decisions i.e. the Terri Schiavo case?

Are you for the Protection of Individual Liberty when you oppose prostitution laws?

Are you for the Protection of Individual Liberty when you oppose medical marijuana laws?

You are NOT for limited government. You are really for a big, activist government and in reality oppose Individual Liberties.

Twit.

So, you're a fucking anachist. Awesome for you!

Twit.

Nope. Unlike the SUPPOSED conservatives on this board I REALLY believe in Individual Liberty.

My advise? Spend less time at the Gloyholes and more time reading the posts you respond to

Twit.

Nope. Unlike the SUPPOSED conservatives on this board I REALLY believe in Individual Liberty.
Not if you vote Democrat, you don't.

Twit.

You know, society has the right and does, decide what is deemed acceptable. You are not at liberty to do whatever the hell you fee like, you know, like euthanizing people or marrying goats.

Sorry to have to break it to you.

Deany is a hack and a troll. His statements reflect his bigotry, not reality.

Tell me this, if I said that all leftists are stupid, would you agree that this represents reality? The impression of the right is that leftists are stupid, but I'm betting that you would disagree.

Deany claims that the right legislates morality, yet hate speech laws and political correctness codes come from the left. Sure, hypocrisy is a big part of leftism, but this is beyond hypocrisy, it's stupidity - it demonstrates that dean is too fucking stupid to grasp the meaning of the words he regurgitates.

Deany claims that conservatives want "science balanced with god," but it is the left that ostracizes and defunds any scientist that dares question the dogma of AGW. Is dean is too fucking stupid to grasp the meaning of the words he regurgitates?

Most of what he claims is just a list of stupid lies, so does that mean that leftism is a manifestation of stupidity?

Human life on Earth is the physical manifestation of selfishness.

Some of the more educated call this "evolution."

I support you of the left voluntarily exiting the gene pool, we will be a stronger species without you.

Last edited:

Human life on Earth is the physical manifestation of selfishness.

I do not believe this. Human life in Western Culture is the physical manifestation of selfishness. Human life forced to participate in a debt based monetary policy is the physical manifestation of selfishness.

There is and have been many cultures around the world that are not selfish in the least. Ofcourse grand western empire mentality has done much to destroy this line of thinking. Native Americans is a fitting example.

I do not believe this.

Reality doesn't require your belief.

When the first proto-human ate a rbbit, he did so out of selfishness, out of a desire to preserve his life over the life of the rabbit.

Every step of human evolution has been a matter of the human seeking his own survival over that of other animals and plants.

That's why it's called "survival of the fittest," rather than "survival of the stupid."

Human life in Western Culture is the physical manifestation of selfishness.

Selfishness is simply the survival instinct. There are humans, who have the survival instinct and thrive. Then there are lemmings, who lack the survival instinct and vote democrat.

Human life forced to participate in a debt based monetary policy is the physical manifestation of selfishness.

If only we could return to the middle ages, people were so much better off...

There is and have been many cultures around the world that are not selfish in the least.

Bullshit.

Your fantasy is not reality.

Ofcourse grand western empire mentality has done much to destroy this line of thinking. Native Americans is a fitting example.

Oh yeah, they were just fucking great. Perpetual gang warfare, starvation and disease, toil from dawn to sundown in an attempt to scratch a meager existence from a hostile land.

Brilliant.

You know, society has the right and does, decide what is deemed acceptable. You are not at liberty to do whatever the hell you fee like, you know, like euthanizing people or marrying goats.

Sorry to have to break it to you.

And sorry to break it to you but if you support banning the things I listed then you support a big, intrusive government. You can't have it both ways.

Troll thread of the day!

Tax rates are equalized. That is everyone pay the same rate for the first 8,375 dollars taxable income (10%) Between 8,376 and 34,000 everyone pays 15%. Next bracket is between 34,000 and 82,400 (25%). 82,401 to 171,850 pays 28%. 171,850 to 373,650 pays 33%. Finally taxable income over 373,650 pays 35%

I think the Bush era (should that be error) tax cuts should expire.

But then again I think we need a balanced budget amendment with a plan to pay down the huge debt the politicians have given the country.

Forum List

Back