A Liberal’s Ten Commandments

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
DEMAND they live the lives they advocate for the rest of us. in poverty WITH a country in Chaos, (from their doings) with no hope and change.

SNIP:
To better advance their causes, liberals should follow these modest Ten Commandments to live the rather "progressive" lives that they advocate for the rest of us.

by Victor Davis Hanson
October 11, 2015 - 4:22 pm

obama_ten_commandments_10-11-15-1.jpg

The best way for liberals to advance their various causes would be to take a pledge to live the rather progressive lives that they advocate. Here are a modest Ten Commandments to lend them credibility in the eyes of the American people.

1. Climate Change. Perhaps the greatest carbon emission sin is jet travel. On an average London-to-New York flight each passenger emits well over 1 ton of C02 emissions, an indulgence that can nullify a year of recycling of other less-privileged Americans. All supporters of government-mandated reductions in fossil-fuel emissions could at least take the following pledge. “I will fly across the Atlantic no more than once every five years.” Private jet travel — the worst of the mortal carbon sins — of course would be banned, at least until we can transition into solar and wind aviation. Al Gore in the middle seat of Row 44, fighting to put his oversized carry-on into the overhead compartment, would be a symbolic act worth far more than all his heated and well-paid rhetoric.

2. Schools. Most liberals oppose charter schools, support teachers’ unions, and encourage generous immigration, legal and illegal. To further diversity in the schools, create easier integration, and to nullify the insidiousness of white privilege, each liberal should pledge, “I will put at least one of my children in an inner-city public school, or in a school where the white enrollment is in a minority.” What better way to acculturate a young elite to the new world around him? Could not the Obama children attend a D.C. public school?

3. Guns. Gun control is an iconic liberal issue, specifically limitations on handguns and concealed weapons. Too many guns in too many places supposedly encourage violent crime. Again, what better way to make a statement than by having all liberal celebrities, business people, and politicians take the following pledge: “I will pledge that no one in my security detail will ever carry a concealed firearm of any sort”? Surely the pope, of all people, did not need armed guards, with lethal concealed weapons, surrounding his pope-mobile?

all of the Ten here:
http://pjmedia.com/victordavishanson/liberals-ten-commandments/

DEMAND they live the lives they advocate for the rest of us. in poverty WITH a country in Chaos, (from their doings) with no hope and change.

SNIP:
To better advance their causes, liberals should follow these modest Ten Commandments to live the rather "progressive" lives that they advocate for the rest of us.

by Victor Davis Hanson

The best way for liberals to advance their various causes would be to take a pledge to live the rather progressive lives that they advocate. Here are a modest Ten Commandments to lend them credibility in the eyes of the American people.

1. Climate Change. Perhaps the greatest carbon emission sin is jet travel. On an average London-to-New York flight each passenger emits well over 1 ton of C02 emissions, an indulgence that can nullify a year of recycling of other less-privileged Americans. All supporters of government-mandated reductions in fossil-fuel emissions could at least take the following pledge. “I will fly across the Atlantic no more than once every five years.” Private jet travel — the worst of the mortal carbon sins — of course would be banned, at least until we can transition into solar and wind aviation. Al Gore in the middle seat of Row 44, fighting to put his oversized carry-on into the overhead compartment, would be a symbolic act worth far more than all his heated and well-paid rhetoric.

2. Schools. Most liberals oppose charter schools, support teachers’ unions, and encourage generous immigration, legal and illegal. To further diversity in the schools, create easier integration, and to nullify the insidiousness of white privilege, each liberal should pledge, “I will put at least one of my children in an inner-city public school, or in a school where the white enrollment is in a minority.” What better way to acculturate a young elite to the new world around him? Could not the Obama children attend a D.C. public school?

3. Guns. Gun control is an iconic liberal issue, specifically limitations on handguns and concealed weapons. Too many guns in too many places supposedly encourage violent crime. Again, what better way to make a statement than by having all liberal celebrities, business people, and politicians take the following pledge: “I will pledge that no one in my security detail will ever carry a concealed firearm of any sort”? Surely the pope, of all people, did not need armed guards, with lethal concealed weapons, surrounding his pope-mobile?

all of the Ten here:
This is your brain on drugs

"A Liberal’s Ten Commandments"

A conservative's straw man fallacy.

"A conservative's straw man fallacy"

One of the indoctrinated phrases of the left.
"Indoctrinated" one of the knee-jerk phrases of someone with nothing substantive to offer.

"Leeches" will be next.

It's a term to describe those of you too fucking stupid to realize you are.

By someone incapable of proving it who shows he's just enamored of the word. The conclusion is, he probably doesn't know what "stupid" means, either.

So, Stephanie, did you stumble on PJmedia all by yourself, or did someone send you the article in an email?

Also, can you explain what the OP has to do with Congress? Probably not, but I thought I'd ask.

BTW, Stephanie, you need to add two more photos to your avatar. Donald Trump's older than Hillary, and the oldest Presidential candidate was Ron Paul in 2012. :)

SNIP:

by Victor Davis Hanson

all of the Ten here:
'

Imagine if Conservatives even pretended to live by the actual 10 Commandments

"A Liberal’s Ten Commandments"

A conservative's straw man fallacy.

"A conservative's straw man fallacy"

One of the indoctrinated phrases of the left.
"Indoctrinated" one of the knee-jerk phrases of someone with nothing substantive to offer.

"Leeches" will be next.

It's a term to describe those of you too fucking stupid to realize you are.

By someone incapable of proving it who shows he's just enamored of the word. The conclusion is, he probably doesn't know what "stupid" means, either.

So, Stephanie, did you stumble on PJmedia all by yourself, or did someone send you the article in an email?

Also, can you explain what the OP has to do with Congress? Probably not, but I thought I'd ask.

Stupid is knowing better and still doing the same thing. You're the prime example.

I guess they'll try with the strawman again. gawd people wake up. demand they live by what they want US to live by

SNIP:
Green Billionaire Glad Democrats Said Global Warming Is Country’s Biggest Threat

Posted By Alex Pappas On 1:11 AM 10/14/2015 In |

LAS VEGAS — Tom Steyer, the billionaire liberal environmentalist, told The Daily Caller he is pleased that several of the Democrats running for president expressed the belief that global warming is the biggest threat to the United States.

In a brief interview with TheDC in the spin-room after the debate, Steyer said, “what we liked is the people that talked about energy and climate.”

“I’d say four out of five mentioned it in their opening statement,” Steyer said. “Two of them said it was the biggest security risk facing the United States.”

Asked the greatest national security threat, former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley listed global warming along with ISIS and a nuclear Iran.

“The scientific community is telling us that if we do not address the global crisis of climate change, transform our energy system away from fossil fuel to sustainable energy, the planet that we’re going to be leaving our kids and our grandchildren may well not be habitable,” Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders responded to the question. “That is a major crisis.”

Steyer is willing to spend his fortune on politics: Forbes reported Steyer spent about $74 million in the 2014 midterm elections, much of that going to his NextGen Climate Action super PAC to go after Senate Republican candidates.

all of it from:
Green Billionaire Glad Democrats Said Global Warming Is Country’s Biggest Threat | The Daily Caller

SNIP:

by Victor Davis Hanson

all of the Ten here:
Bring back your trailer house avi!!!

Stupid is knowing better and still doing the same thing.

They say acknowledging that you have a problem is the first step. Congratulations.

I guess they'll try with the strawman again. gawd people wake up. demand they live by what they want US to live by.

Conservative65 is on your team. If you can't talk sense into him, who can?

Also, if you could explain what your OP has to do with Congress, instead of just cutting and pasting more articles, you might get better discussion.

Stupid is knowing better and still doing the same thing.

They say acknowledging that you have a problem is the first step. Congratulations.

I guess they'll try with the strawman again. gawd people wake up. demand they live by what they want US to live by.

Conservative65 is on your team. If you can't talk sense into him, who can?

Also, if you could explain what your OP has to do with Congress, instead of just cutting and pasting more articles, you might get better discussion.

Then get to acknowledging you're an idiot.

Forum List

Back