A Liberal Reponse To Conservatives

"The public seems fearful and cowed. People unworthy of high office are arrogantly on the march."

Our national greatness depends on a tunnel under the Hudson River?? :cuckoo:

Our greatness is definitely not defined by our ability to spend our way into economic destruction.
Like I wrote before...

No one was quoted out or in context.

Reading and comprehension still a struggle for you?

It's message: Who needs to quote a guy who has given up on America? Who needs to quote a guy who surrenders when the choice between national greatness and national decline?

GOP New Jersey Governor Chris Christie stresses national decline where the American spirit stresses national greatness.

Liberal Democrat John F. Kennedy declared that we would go to the moon. Conservative Republican Chris Christie tells us that we are incapable of building a railroad tunnel beneath the Hudson River.

Please provide a response to post #79. Then we can move on with the conversation.

as the Right Wing Lunacy Brigade @ USMB Attacks Dante, remember this: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Who's attacking you?

I'm just letting everyone know what you've told us.

Dante told us he's incapable of critical thinking.

Dante also told us he's incapable of being honest.

After all, I'm not quoting you or anything, so where is the attack?

Rick

Kennedy never said that.
Christie never said that.
Fact.
even Google agrees...

Visitors found this page by searching for these keywords:
Liberal Democrat John F. Kennedy declared that we would go to the moon. Conservative Republican Chris Christie tells us,...we are incapable of building a railroad tunnel beneath the Hudson River.

:lol:

Kennedy never said that
Christie never said that.
Facts make an inconvenient truth, no?

At this point, you have moved from :confused: to :cuckoo:, and onto :eusa_liar:

YOU ARE FAIL.....................

as the Right Wing Lunacy Brigade @ USMB Attacks Dante, remember this: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

And yet, somehow, your stupidity conquers the combined stupidity of every other person on this board - right and left. You are a god among men. :clap2:

Quoting people in context and trying to understand their true position is just the honest thing to do.

Saying he has given up on America is just your opinion, just as the article in this thread is an opinion piece.

It's message: Who needs to quote a guy who has given up on America? Who needs to quote a guy who surrenders when the choice between national greatness and national decline?

GOP New Jersey Governor Chris Christie stresses national decline where the American spirit stresses national greatness.

Liberal Democrat John F. Kennedy declared that we would go to the moon. Conservative Republican Chris Christie tells us that we are incapable of building a railroad tunnel beneath the Hudson River.

The article did not provide the reason or reasons Christie is against building the tunnel. That is missing context. Here is the reason, and yes, I already provided this in context within this thread (refer to post #53):
N.J. Gov. Chris Christie agrees to reconsider Hudson River tunnel project | NJ.com

Christie on Thursday said he was canceling the tunnel, known as Access to the Region's Core (ARC), because estimates had the project going anywhere from $2.3 billion to $5.3 million over budget.
"The fact that the ARC project is not financially viable and is expected to dramatically exceed its current budget remains unchanged," the governor said in a statement today.

So, he is saying that the project is not financially viable. Do you agree with that or not? Why should we agree to do a project that we already know is $2-5 billion under-funded?

These same people backed Bush's wars and tax breaks for the wealthiest, yet they say the unemployed middle class in America can go punt -- no extension of unemployment 'benefits'???

Thank gawd the spirit of a liberal Democrat like Kennedy lives on in the Republic.

I can't imagine what would have happened if a liberal Democrat like Kennedy had not been in charge. Would the Soviet Union would have won the Space Race? :evil:

Last edited:

Who's attacking you?

Rick

credibility meet -
plunge+toilet.jpg

Last edited:

Who's attacking you?

Rick

credibility meet -
plunge+toilet.jpg

If you're Dante, you leave the plunger jammed in there like that before you sit down on the toilet. :clap2:

The article did not provide the reason or reasons Christie is against building the tunnel. That is missing context. Here is the reason, and yes, I already provided this in context within this thread (refer to post #53):
N.J. Gov. Chris Christie agrees to reconsider Hudson River tunnel project | NJ.com

Christie on Thursday said he was canceling the tunnel, known as Access to the Region's Core (ARC), because estimates had the project going anywhere from $2.3 billion to $5.3 million over budget.
"The fact that the ARC project is not financially viable and is expected to dramatically exceed its current budget remains unchanged," the governor said in a statement today.

So, he is saying that the project is not financially viable. Do you agree with that or not? Why should we agree to do a project that we already know is $2-5 billion under-funded?

These same people backed Bush's wars and tax breaks for the wealthiest, yet they say the unemployed middle class in America can go punt -- no extension of unemployment 'benefits'???

Thank gawd the spirit of a liberal Democrat like Kennedy lives on in the Republic.

I can't imagine what would have happened if a liberal Democrat like Kennedy had not been in charge. Would the Soviet Union would have won the Space Race? :evil:

Your post is a deflection, not a response. I did ask two questions which you did not answer.

Your post is a deflection, not a response. I did ask two questions which you did not answer.

You were asking questions that meet this criteria: Red Herring

The message vs particulars of any argument you may raise. Irrelevancy vs topic at hand.

The message: Chris Christie stresses national decline over American spirit of national greatness. Liberal Democrat John F. Kennedy declared that we would go to the moon. Conservative Republican Chris Christie tells us that we are incapable of building a railroad tunnel beneath the Hudson River.

The message vs particulars of any argument you may raise. Irrelevancy vs topic at hand.

The message: Chris Christie stresses national decline over American spirit of national greatness. Liberal Democrat John F. Kennedy declared that we would go to the moon. Conservative Republican Chris Christie tells us that we are incapable of building a railroad tunnel beneath the Hudson River.

Whether or not you agree that the tunnel project is not financially viable is a red herring? Please explain how it is irrelevant.

Whether or not you agree that the tunnel project is not financially viable is a red herring? Please explain how it is irrelevant.

It's another discussion.

As another discussion it would be relevant.

Discussing more is a deflection of the overall message of what a misanthropic troglodyte like Chris Christie is, and what he brings to American politics as opposed to what a liberal Democrat like John F. Kennedy brought to American politics. One brought hope, the other brokers fear and insecurity.

Last edited:

Conservative tools said NASA's goals were not financially viable...but as I said, this is a red herring.

Some people think a tunnel is financially viable, and others think a tunnel is not financially viable. Perspective.

Last edited:

It's another discussion.

Discussing more is a deflection of the overall message of what a misanthropic troglodyte like Chris Christie is, and what he brings to American politics as opposed to what a liberal Democrat like John F. Kennedy brought to American politics. One brought hope, the other brokers fear and insecurity.

It is a discussion about the actual reason Christie is not moving forward with the tunnel project. Completely relevant.

Ignoring the reality of budget issues makes things worse. Christie is just stating a fact that the project is not financially viable. If that creates fear and insecurity with you or anyone else, that is your/their problem. However, saying it is not viable now, does not mean he does not want to move forward with the project in the future. That is, if a plan can be presented to make it financially viable.

It's another discussion.

It is a discussion about the actual reason Christie is not moving forward with the tunnel project. Completely relevant.

Ignoring the reality of budget issues makes things worse. Christie is just stating a fact that the project is not financially viable. If that creates fear and insecurity with you or anyone else, that is your/their problem. However, saying it is not viable now, does not mean he does not want to move forward with the project in the future. That is, if a plan can be presented to make it financially viable.

You're arguing with one of the biggest, dumbest, partisan hacks on this site, totally incapable of thought. What do you expect is going to happen?

It's another discussion.

You're arguing with one of the biggest, dumbest, partisan hacks on this site, totally incapable of thought. What do you expect is going to happen?

I have a lot of patience with people and hope they can change. Although, at this point all I expect is for others to see Dante's extreme partisanship.

Forum List

Back