A Liberal Question!

The crap in the pre-election about him being the liberalist of the liberals was crap.

He is more a centrist and will rule from this position which I happen to agree with. By picking an assortment of people with different views, he is more assured of getting a full picture as opposed to folks like Nixon and, I think Bush, who were the victims of "Groupthink."

Washington, by its nature, gives a President an isolated unreal picture of what the real USA is all about. By keeping a lot of people with different views informing him, he is able to make better decsions.

I listen to the DC pundits on TV. They don't have a fucking idea of what is going on in outside of Washington.

The crap in the pre-election about him being the liberalist of the liberals was crap.

He is more a centrist and will rule from this position which I happen to agree with. By picking an assortment of people with different views, he is more assured of getting a full picture as opposed to folks like Nixon and, I think Bush, who were the victims of "Groupthink."

Washington, by its nature, gives a President an isolated unreal picture of what the real USA is all about. By keeping a lot of people with different views informing him, he is able to make better decsions.

I listen to the DC pundits on TV. They don't have a fucking idea of what is going on in outside of Washington.

Then your either blind or simply stupid.

Obama's voting record both on the federal and the state levels certainly lean to the left and not toward the middle.

I agree with you though, never listen and take as the truth the talking heads on TV and radio, go find the truth for yourself. That is why I spent more than 6 months reviewing his voting records, not simply the legislation titles.

So why don't you stop what you accuse others of doing, spewing political BS.

The facts are there, go educate yourself.

Now, he ran on a different platform from what is record reflects. Will he lead based on the platform he ran on or will he lead based on his past "documented" record?

We will see. That is why I will not judge him yet, but, in turn with the exception of his security team picks, I have seen no sign of change from Washington norm. But, he isn't even in office yet, I understand that, so we shall see.

Why do more serving Democratic senators and representatives have military experience than Republicans?:eusa_whistle:

So what????

Can you please tell me why this should mean something to me?

I am curious, where can I find data like this?

i like to think big O announced keeping Gates to maintain as much stability as possible for now. AFter all O isn't in the white house yet...he probably doesn't want to rock the boat with so much at stake...

what will be interesting is how long he keeps Gates on...

I don't get that at all. The SecDef doesn't decide whether or not we go to war. He merely advises the President on current military assests and the status and capabilities of each and whether or not they can accomplish what the President wants to do.

Gates wasn't SecDef when we invaded Iraq anyway. Rumsfeld was from 2001-2006. Neither can make the decision to go to war nor deploy US forces.

You're right Gunny....just like the XO doesn't decide if the ship goes to war or not.

However.............

If the CO is depending on the XO's opinion (like most do), and the XO gives bad intel to the Skipper, then the decisions made by the Skipper are also going to be faulty.

Gates gave bad intel to Bush, which is why the Iraq war was started. I do NOT think that Gates has anyplace in the Obama administration, he's lied too much already.

The trouble with these questions and assumptions is the conservative asking them may have had as much as forty years of brain washing about what liberalism is. If liberalism is anything it is pragmatic, time for conservatives to wake up to reality and turn off Rush et al.

"Liberals demand that the social order should in principle be capable of explaining itself at the tribunal of each person's understanding." Jeremy Waldron

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Freedoms-Power-History-Promise-Liberalism/dp/0465081878/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228436151&sr=1-4]Amazon.com: Freedom's Power: The History and Promise of Liberalism: Paul Starr: Books[/ame]

You're right Gunny....just like the XO doesn't decide if the ship goes to war or not.

However.............

If the CO is depending on the XO's opinion (like most do), and the XO gives bad intel to the Skipper, then the decisions made by the Skipper are also going to be faulty.

Gates gave bad intel to Bush, which is why the Iraq war was started. I do NOT think that Gates has anyplace in the Obama administration, he's lied too much already.

Newsflash: Robert Gates wasn't Secretary of Defense until 2006. Donald Rumsfeld was secretary when the invasion was carried out.

Now, if Obama had named Donald Rumsfeld as his Secretary of Defense, then you would have a valid point. Rumsfeld definitely has no place in the new administration, and such an appointment would have really made headlines.

Forum List

Back