Votes: 1 10.0%
  • False

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • True in most cases

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Present

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
A libertarian opposes any law that is purely grounded in morality. That is, you can do what you want if it doesn't affect me. That includes abortion, whether you can come to grips with it or not Paulie.

True story.
False story.

The libertarian philosophy has to do with the immorality of initiation of aggression, which is why the party is split on the abortion issue.

A libertarian opposes any law that is purely grounded in morality. That is, you can do what you want if it doesn't affect me. That includes abortion, whether you can come to grips with it or not Paulie.

True story.
False story.

The libertarian philosophy has to do with the immorality of initiation of aggression.

So any so-called Libertarian who starts up acting aggressively towards another poster is a fraud? Sounds about right.

True story.
This is true.
Yet you can oppose any law that is purely grounded in morality and still not be A Libertarian.

True story.
False story.

The libertarian philosophy has to do with the immorality of initiation of aggression.

So any so-called Libertarian who starts up acting aggressively towards another poster is a fraud? Sounds about right.
No...Real physical aggression, like fraud, assault, rape.

Sheesh. :rolleyes:

True story.
False story.

The libertarian philosophy has to do with the immorality of initiation of aggression, which is why the party is split on the abortion issue.

The party is split. The ideology is clear.

Support for anti-abortion laws is contrary to libertarian ideology. Period.

The party is split along the lines of the argument as to when life --properly defined-- begins.

Like I said, the party is split on the issue....However, they are neraly unanimous in the opinion that Roe is bad law.
Does the Libertarian Party acknowledge women as individuals with the same rights as men or are they separate?

Same rights.....But there's the argument as to when those rights begin; at conception or some later date.

I've been in the room when libertarians hash this one out...It goes roundnroundnroundnround.
So men's rights begin at a different time than women's?

True story.
False story.

You deal in absolutes so much, it's difficult to discuss any topic with you. However, you are correct about abortion and the Libertarian Platform. As far as the Libertarian Party is concerned, they believe the government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration.

Same rights.....But there's the argument as to when those rights begin; at conception or some later date.

I've been in the room when libertarians hash this one out...It goes roundnroundnroundnround.
So men's rights begin at a different time than women's?
Heard that one too...:lol:

That's why I remain an observer on this one, outside of the opinion that if abortion were outlawed, men would be having them within five years. :lol:

False story.

You deal in absolutes so much, it's difficult to discuss any topic with you. However, you are correct about abortion and the Libertarian Platform. As far as the Libertarian Party is concerned, they believe the government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration.

That sounds like pro-choice to me. And seeing as Dude thanked your useful post, perhaps he learned something today.

:thup:

Forum List

Back