A Liberal Fairy Tale

All health insurance provides "free stuff" that others have to pay for

No. The people who buy health insurance pay for their health insurance. It is not free.

This woman wants free birth control. She does not want to contribute to the cost of it. Period.

If birth control was added to your health insurance, the cost of your health insurance would go up by several hundred dollars a year, and the cost of health care would rise by tens of billions of dollars for the country each year. For something that is completely medically unnecessary.

But she is not okay with sharing the cost of her pill. She does not want to pay for it. At all. She wants YOU to pay for it.

You don't seem to get that for every new line item added to your coverage, the cost of your coverage goes up.

You are just another example of the liberal mindset that thinks things you want are free.

That is a lie

The woman does not want free birth control....she wants the insurance that she pays for to cover it

Just like they cover insulin or blood pressure medication

Then since the policies offered by either the institution or employer (who pays for, negotiates for, and uses resources to maintain)... she is absolutely fucking free to shop for another policy that she pays for entirely to cover her birth control

The roads are free?

Doubtful.

This is yet another example of how badly CONZ miss the mark.

He uses someone saying the "roads are free" as "proof" that liberals think someone else pays for everything.

Well, most people don't think about paying for using roads unless it's a toll road. How often do you think about how an elevator works when you get in one?

I don't think people think the roads are "free" merely that they don't have to PAY as a condition of their immediate use.

Now, here's a much more interesting question.
Why should I have to pay the taxes for businesses that USE the public roads.

Now, given that ONLY PEOPLE pay taxes (businesses pass along their taxes as a cost of doing business), we see that business is getting a free ride on everyone else's backs.

Let's say I want to go to the store to buy a loaf of bread.

Now, in order for that loaf to get to the store, the farmer, the wheat transporter, the miller, the bakery and the grocery store ALL include the taxes of all those people and industries who made and used public infrastructure to deliver their goods and services.

Now why should I have to pay the taxes for the company who makes a PROFIT using public roads ?
Business gets to use our public transportation at NO COST to their profits. Yet, I don't hear conservatives complaining about paying someone else way.

THIS is why high top tax rates on high income earners is NECESSARY. It allows the PROFITS made at the expense of ordinary taxpayers to be "redistributed" back to the people who paid for the roads in the first place.

The cost the business owner pays to transport goods is "overhead" dum-dum. We each pay gas tax, license tab fees, etc. to keep up the roads. We each contribute to this. EVERY business passes the cost of doing business --- the "overhead" onto the customer. So you want the taxes the truck driver pays to the government for the roads, etc., to then be reimbursed back to YOU, while you sit on your ass and eat the bread so many people worked hard to make? Don't think so. You want bread - grow your own wheat and grind your own flour. but you'll have to get off the couch to do it.

So, those people shouldn't have to pay their own taxes? I should have to do it for them?

Who pays my taxes then? Who can I pass MY TAX BILL ONTO?
Oh, since I'm a person, I can't.

So yes, I should get my taxes back, or not be taxed at all, until the people who PROFIT from passing on their taxation overhead to the rest of us, pay taxes on it.

Right now, most WORKING Americans pay around a 30% tax rate. Rich bastards who own a bakery pay 15% taxes on capital gains. So, for federal roads, rich people pay a LOWER TAX rate and generate MORE REVENUE out of their "Free" roads.

So you see, it's not WORKING PEOPLE who get free roads, it's rich people who don't pay for what they make money off and stick the rest of us with the bill.

Right now, most WORKING Americans pay around a 30% tax rate.

Bullshit.

:banghead:
Dumbfuck, the Libertarian Party didn't form until 1971!

Dumb fuck, Libertarians look at every issue based on how an 18th century founding father would have handled it

Libertarians
:banghead:

Jesus Christ you are dense.. I am not a libertarian guy... and even with no aligning with them I do not go making up inane stupid shit like you are doing in this case...

You are more of an idiot than I ever thought you were before

Who was talking about you?

Try to keep up

All health insurance provides "free stuff" that others have to pay for

No. The people who buy health insurance pay for their health insurance. It is not free.

This woman wants free birth control. She does not want to contribute to the cost of it. Period.

If birth control was added to your health insurance, the cost of your health insurance would go up by several hundred dollars a year, and the cost of health care would rise by tens of billions of dollars for the country each year. For something that is completely medically unnecessary.

But she is not okay with sharing the cost of her pill. She does not want to pay for it. At all. She wants YOU to pay for it.

You don't seem to get that for every new line item added to your coverage, the cost of your coverage goes up.

You are just another example of the liberal mindset that thinks things you want are free.

That is a lie

The woman does not want free birth control...

Actually, that is exactly what she said.

"You know what would make me happy? Free birth control.”

Any questions?

Sorry to make your butt hurt.

....she wants the insurance that she pays for to cover it

If you add another car to your auto insurance policy, what happens to your monthly premium?

It goes up! Amazing!

Okay, follow me carefully now.

If you add another benefit to your health insurance, what happens to your monthly premium?

That's right! It goes up!

Therefore, adding a new benefit is not, by any definition, "free".

They really need to teach these things at Liberal Academy so you stop embarassing yourselves.

Last edited:

That is a lie

Any questions?

If you add another car to your auto insurance policy, what happens to your monthly premium?

It goes up! Amazing!

If you add another benefit to your health insurance, what happens to your monthly premium?

They really need to teach these things at Liberal Academy so you stop embarassing yourselves.

If that's the case, your insurance should go down

By your own admittance, birth control would not cost that much ....

While one prevented pregnancy can save $20,000 or more

That is a lie

Any questions?

It goes up! Amazing!

By my own admittance? I said it would add tens of billions of dollars a year in medical costs.

Every morning, Susie Smith takes some bologna and bread she got at the local grocery store and makes herself two sandwiches to bring with her to her job. She then goes to the local gas station and fills up her environmentally friendly hybrid car with gas.

Susie then goes to work at the Birth Control Factory, helping to make millions of the tiny pills for America.

Susie does all this for free. She wouldn't think of asking to be paid to make these pills. After all, we live in a world "from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs."

At least, that is the fairy tale the woman who confronted Mitt Romney yesterday in Illinois believes:

After Romney riffed for about 20 minutes on President Barack Obama’s management of the economy, he solicited questions from the large student-heavy audience.

As the first questioner made apparent, these voters were not pre-screened.

“So you’re all for like, yay, freedom, and all this stuff,” said the first woman to approach a microphone. “And yay, like pursuit of happiness. You know what would make me happy? Free birth control.”

I mentioned this entitlement attitude in my Myth of Free Roads topic last week. And here we see it once again out here in the real world.

Her remark drew a mix of applause and boos from the crowd, and a rebuke from the Republican frontrunner.

“You know, let me tell you, no no, look, look let me tell you something,” he said, waiting for the crowd noise died down. “If you’re looking for free stuff you don’t have to pay for? Vote for the other guy, that’s what he’s all about, okay? That’s not, that’s not what I’m about.”

"Cable...er, the Pill should be free...like the roads!"

and I hope everyone will notice that the ignorant twat is more than free to pursue her version of happiness, as evidenced by the fact that she was allowed to stand up and make a goddamned fool out of herself in public asking for it. But the thinking-impaired in the audience (read: liberals) should remember that only PURSUIT of happiness is promised. CATCHING it is something else entirely.

Any questions?

It goes up! Amazing!

By my own admittance? I said it would add tens of billions of dollars a year in medical costs.

Tens of billions?

Are you sure it's not a zillion trillion?

Forum List

Back