A Liberal Fairy Tale

The woman's comments were at best semantically imprecise. Given the recent media coverage I suspect what she meant was something along the lines of

You know what would make me happy? Birth control that was included in my private medical plan at no additional cost to me.

As long as we're nitpicking the speech of people in a crowd at a political rally, Romney's response was a bit over-broad. Taken literally, his claim that he was not about "free stuff that you don't have to pay for" could suggest either that he favored fees for any number of government services that currently do not have them. In any event, I don't find myself confused by either of their statements.
No she meant exactly what she said. She's a moron liberal. They do exist you know? Not all liberals are Rhoades scholars.

The roads are free?

Doubtful.

This is yet another example of how badly CONZ miss the mark.

He uses someone saying the "roads are free" as "proof" that liberals think someone else pays for everything.

Well, most people don't think about paying for using roads unless it's a toll road. How often do you think about how an elevator works when you get in one?

I don't think people think the roads are "free" merely that they don't have to PAY as a condition of their immediate use.

Now, here's a much more interesting question.
Why should I have to pay the taxes for businesses that USE the public roads.

Now, given that ONLY PEOPLE pay taxes (businesses pass along their taxes as a cost of doing business), we see that business is getting a free ride on everyone else's backs.

Let's say I want to go to the store to buy a loaf of bread.

Now, in order for that loaf to get to the store, the farmer, the wheat transporter, the miller, the bakery and the grocery store ALL include the taxes of all those people and industries who made and used public infrastructure to deliver their goods and services.

Now why should I have to pay the taxes for the company who makes a PROFIT using public roads ?
Business gets to use our public transportation at NO COST to their profits. Yet, I don't hear conservatives complaining about paying someone else way.

THIS is why high top tax rates on high income earners is NECESSARY. It allows the PROFITS made at the expense of ordinary taxpayers to be "redistributed" back to the people who paid for the roads in the first place.

The cost the business owner pays to transport goods is "overhead" dum-dum. We each pay gas tax, license tab fees, etc. to keep up the roads. We each contribute to this. EVERY business passes the cost of doing business --- the "overhead" onto the customer. So you want the taxes the truck driver pays to the government for the roads, etc., to then be reimbursed back to YOU, while you sit on your ass and eat the bread so many people worked hard to make? Don't think so. You want bread - grow your own wheat and grind your own flour. but you'll have to get off the couch to do it.

The woman's comments were at best semantically imprecise. Given the recent media coverage I suspect what she meant was something along the lines of

You know what would make me happy? Birth control that was included in my private medical plan at no additional cost to me.

As long as we're nitpicking the speech of people in a crowd at a political rally, Romney's response was a bit over-broad. Taken literally, his claim that he was not about "free stuff that you don't have to pay for" could suggest either that he favored fees for any number of government services that currently do not have them. In any event, I don't find myself confused by either of their statements.
No she meant exactly what she said. She's a moron liberal. They do exist you know? Not all liberals are Rhoades scholars.

So true. I have to wonder if liberals really fathom what they asking for. For government control of their lives basically, government providing everything for you. Nobody provides everything for you without totally controlling your every breath. Is THAT what they want? how many of us heard our parents tell us: "As long as you are living under MY roof and I amd paying the bills, you WILL FOLLOW MY RULES?" It's the same thing with the government controlling you. Ask the people in North Korea how peachy things are there.

“So you’re all for like, yay, freedom, and all this stuff,” said the first woman to approach a microphone. “And yay, like pursuit of happiness. You know what would make me happy? Free birth control.”

So scornful of freedom and the pursuit of happiness. So demanding to be carried at the expense of others. No wonder she hates freedom. Her solutions demand slavery.

Why don't these chicks just go to wal-mart and get a jumbo box of condoms for their man for $7.00 and a jumbo box of bc pills for $9.00? Or go and get them free from planned parenthood? This is a bullshit issue, all this Fluke woman was interested in is forcing religious institutions to cow tow to liberalism.

“So you’re all for like, yay, freedom, and all this stuff,” said the first woman to approach a microphone. “And yay, like pursuit of happiness. You know what would make me happy? Free birth control.”

So scornful of freedom and the pursuit of happiness. So demanding to be carried at the expense of others. No wonder she hates freedom. Her solutions demand slavery.

Ultimately the solution all liberals want is slavery. All they want is a just and generous master.

The roads are free?

Doubtful.

He uses someone saying the "roads are free" as "proof" that liberals think someone else pays for everything.

No, I don't think it ever crosses the entitlement-minded that someone else will have to pay for their freeloading. It clearly did not cross the mind of the woman demanding she get the pill for free.

That is the whole point, in fact. I am very much aware the roads are not free. And I am very much aware the pill is not free.

It is the entitlement-minded who are not aware. I don't think it ever crosses their minds. And when you point it out to them, they say the cost should come out of someone else's pocket. Lady Liberal thinks evil corporate profits should be spent paying for the woman's "free" pill.

God forbid the woman should pay her own freight.

So it is you who has missed the mark.

Last edited:
So who would pay for her pills? The principals here seem to be the woman and her medical provider. If the provider suddenly has to start providing her with free pills, it will have to pay for them. Presumably it will do so by some combination of reducing corporate profits and raising its rates, so that the costs fall on its shareholders and its customers.

If medical providers are providing free stuff to their customers, exactly where will these corporate profits be coming from?

The roads are free?

Doubtful.

Well, most people don't think about paying for using roads unless it's a toll road. How often do you think about how an elevator works when you get in one?

I don't think people think the roads are "free" merely that they don't have to PAY as a condition of their immediate use.

Now, here's a much more interesting question.
Why should I have to pay the taxes for businesses that USE the public roads.

Now, given that ONLY PEOPLE pay taxes (businesses pass along their taxes as a cost of doing business), we see that business is getting a free ride on everyone else's backs.

Let's say I want to go to the store to buy a loaf of bread.

Now, in order for that loaf to get to the store, the farmer, the wheat transporter, the miller, the bakery and the grocery store ALL include the taxes of all those people and industries who made and used public infrastructure to deliver their goods and services.

Now why should I have to pay the taxes for the company who makes a PROFIT using public roads ?
Business gets to use our public transportation at NO COST to their profits. Yet, I don't hear conservatives complaining about paying someone else way.

THIS is why high top tax rates on high income earners is NECESSARY. It allows the PROFITS made at the expense of ordinary taxpayers to be "redistributed" back to the people who paid for the roads in the first place.

The cost the business owner pays to transport goods is "overhead" dum-dum. We each pay gas tax, license tab fees, etc. to keep up the roads. We each contribute to this. EVERY business passes the cost of doing business --- the "overhead" onto the customer. So you want the taxes the truck driver pays to the government for the roads, etc., to then be reimbursed back to YOU, while you sit on your ass and eat the bread so many people worked hard to make? Don't think so. You want bread - grow your own wheat and grind your own flour. but you'll have to get off the couch to do it.

So, those people shouldn't have to pay their own taxes? I should have to do it for them?

Who pays my taxes then? Who can I pass MY TAX BILL ONTO?
Oh, since I'm a person, I can't.

So yes, I should get my taxes back, or not be taxed at all, until the people who PROFIT from passing on their taxation overhead to the rest of us, pay taxes on it.

Right now, most WORKING Americans pay around a 30% tax rate. Rich bastards who own a bakery pay 15% taxes on capital gains. So, for federal roads, rich people pay a LOWER TAX rate and generate MORE REVENUE out of their "Free" roads.

So you see, it's not WORKING PEOPLE who get free roads, it's rich people who don't pay for what they make money off and stick the rest of us with the bill.

Right now, most WORKING Americans pay around a 30% tax rate. Rich bastards who own a bakery pay 15% taxes on capital gains.

This is an entirely false statement.

You have your liberal patois mixed up. Re-read the talking points from your masters and get back to us when you have it straightened out.

All health insurance provides "free stuff" that others have to pay for

So who would pay for her pills? The principals here seem to be the woman and her medical provider. If the provider suddenly has to start providing her with free pills, it will have to pay for them.

So now you want doctors to pay for her pill out of the goodness of their hearts? And where does this forced generosity stop if we are now providing things which are not medically necessary for free?

Presumably it will do so by some combination of reducing corporate profits and raising its rates, so that the costs fall on its shareholders and its customers.

Ahhhhhh. Those evil corporate profits are standing between this woman and her free pill! I see. From each according to his ability, to each according to his need. Indeed!

And she was quite clear she wanted the pill for free. She does not want the cost to fall on her, the customer.

Ideally, I would like insurance companies to cover contraceptives out of enlightened self interest. Failing that, a legal mandate is acceptable.

I don't understand your reference to doctors. A doctor practicing medicine is not generally in the position of deciding whether an insurance plan will cover a particular procedure or medication, much less paying for it out of his or her pocket. If your point is that in order to pay for the pills the medical provider might try to pay hospitals less for medical services and this in turn might cause the hospitals to pay less to their doctors, I consider this a very minor effect.

The costs do fall on the customer. She pays for her coverage (or receives it as part of her compensation). The question is whether the cost of contraception should be paid for entirely by the women who use it (and not, apparently, by their male partners) or divided more evenly among the people participating in the medical plan. I regard the provision of contraceptives as sound medical care and so prefer the latter.

Progressive liberals of today simply do not understand economics. To them, money grows on trees, govt. is the answer to all of our problems and there is a utopia waiting for us all at the end of the their tunnel visioned ideology. Well, ok, so this whole ideology happens to have failed miserably at every turn in histories past. BUT, WE CAN DO IT THIS TIME!!!!! WE CAN MAKE THE DREAM COME TRUE!!!

Hope and Change, and all that.

Progressive liberals of today simply do not understand economics. To them, money grows on trees, govt. is the answer to all of our problems and there is a utopia waiting for us all at the end of the their tunnel visioned ideology. Well, ok, so this whole ideology happens to have failed miserably at every turn in histories past. BUT, WE CAN DO IT THIS TIME!!!!! WE CAN MAKE THE DREAM COME TRUE!!!

We simply havent spent enough or havent had the right people in charge.

Yeah thats it, thats the ticket.

When compared to Abortion and the medical costs of an unwanted pregnancy, birth control saves money

Great, so then people can buy birth control to ward off an unwanted pregnancy. i don't see how that adds up to a federal mandate to cover the pill. Or are you just showing me how gubmint is the answer to all problems?

Great, so then people can buy birth control to ward off an unwanted pregnancy. i don't see how that adds up to a federal mandate to cover the pill. Or are you just showing me how gubmint is the answer to all problems?

Good question

Just how should the government address the unacceptable number of abortions in this country

Liberals say we need to increase access to birth control
Conservatives say we need to publicly shame women who seek abortions

Meanwhile of course, this all started with birth control for women, which SAVES money, doesn't cost a GD thing!! Dittoheads!

And Rush etc seems to think this is all about single sluts LOL- What about all the married women who don't want to have 15 kids? Total idiocy...

Forum List

Back