A liberal defends Bush - hard to believe

That's not a measure of HIS success, that would OUR failure for letting it happen.

So, you admit that a politician's success can be a nation's failure? so, if you believe his plans are bad, then it is patriotic to want him to fail so the nation may succeed?

Ladies and gentlemen, you heard it here: KK defending Rush Limbaugh's saying he wants Obama to fail.

No. A policy passed will fail to benefit us or not, that will determine if the nation succeeds or fails, not whether it gets passed. A president is never remembered for the policies they do not get passed, but by the ones they do get passed, Bush was a failure because his policies that were passed did nothing to benefit us, and may have hurt us, no matter who's idea it is, it is our nations failure. You need to stop looking at this with only one track because that is all I will explain. That said, anyone who wishes any president who was elected into office failure is also wishing our country to failure.

History might very well give Bush high marks for his role in bringing about actual change in the Middle East. (If things continue to improve slowly but surely) That has got to be driving Jimah Cahtah crazy. (Thankfully that is a short drive for Jimah)

I'm sure his 38th book on the subject will be sure to alter the Middle East this time around...

image005.jpg

So tell us what Bush did to help settle the Number One Problem in the ME, Israel and Palestine other than a piece of paper with the usual intents, different title, and absolutely NOTHING happening for five fucking years thereafter except for a few visits by Condi Rice who returned saying "...we had a nice dialog..."

That's not a measure of HIS success, that would OUR failure for letting it happen.

So, you admit that a politician's success can be a nation's failure? so, if you believe his plans are bad, then it is patriotic to want him to fail so the nation may succeed?

Ladies and gentlemen, you heard it here: KK defending Rush Limbaugh's saying he wants Obama to fail.

No.... Bush was a failure because his policies that were passed did nothing to benefit us, and may have hurt us, no matter who's idea it is, it is our nations failure.

:eusa_eh: So you're saying that his successful passing of those policies was our nation failure? so his success was our failure in your opinion... yet a politician's success(es) can't be a nation's failure?

img.php

You need to stop looking at this with only one track because that is all I will explain.

Yo9u didn't explain shit. you said you didn't agree with me, then said something 100% in line with what I said

That said, anyone who wishes any president who was elected into office failure is also wishing our country to failure.

So, since you view Bush's policies as failures, anyone who wanted him to fail in pushing for those policies wanted America to fail... because they didn't want policies that were bad for America?

I used to think you were smart, KK :(

Not hard to believe if you don't think in black and white.

Hardly, and you must have missed the irrational hatred spewed against Bush by the left - see chimps like Keith Olbermann - that flowed so freely for 8 years...

Like the irrational hatred spewed at Obama while doing the same things as Bush from the right?

Here we go...

Give us an example of "the same things", or "irrational hatred" for that matter.

No.... Bush was a failure because his policies that were passed did nothing to benefit us, and may have hurt us, no matter who's idea it is, it is our nations failure.

:eusa_eh: So you're saying that his successful passing of those policies was our nation failure? so his success was our failure in your opinion... yet a politician's success(es) can't be a nation's failure?

img.php

You need to stop looking at this with only one track because that is all I will explain.

Yo9u didn't explain shit. you said you didn't agree with me, then said something 100% in line with what I said

That said, anyone who wishes any president who was elected into office failure is also wishing our country to failure.

So, since you view Bush's policies as failures, anyone who wanted him to fail in pushing for those policies wanted America to fail... because they didn't want policies that were bad for America?

I used to think you were smart, KK :(

You are dense. No, his failure is our failure, he is not remembered for those policies which did not pass, the policies which did not pass cannot tell us if they are a failure, only those that are passed can succeed or fail, those that do not pass cannot succeed or fail.

Not so, if his plans and policies are contrary to what you believe are good for your country. Wanting your country to fail is contradictory of patriotism. Wanting a politician to fail to put into place policies you feel are detrimental to the nation is not.

I realized that once I wrote this, it might be difficult to precisely interpret my meaning.

What I meant was that if a politician at this high a level is successful in accomplishing something good for the US, then we can all benefit even if he was not someone I would not have voted for.

For instance, I think Obama's stimulus plan is a mistake as it raises the debt and will lead to high inflation, but if it is successful, I will benefit, as will the country - and Obama as well.

So, I trust that you supported Bush for 8 years, in all his decisions?

Not all of them, some were in error, such as attacking iraq before iran was regime-changed. Trying to enforce a purist test on someone - a litmus test, if you will, to see if they agree with ALL points of the political party they voted for - is unreasonable.

I also vehemently disagreed with the prescription drug benefit, TWO obscene farm bills, continued sugar subsidy for the wealthy sugar cane family in Florida that donated heavily to his brother's campaigns, etc.

not if he';s successful and putting through any policy that is counterproductive to your success.

I believe the conservative method and process is superior to the liberal/leftist, but that does not mean that I want the country to suffer to prove a point, that a particular elected official is "bad." Life is too short, and I'd rather be continuing to earn a substantial living regardless of who sits in the White House than stand on ceremony and demand all adhere to the Conservative Doctrine.

Name one JB I've listened to the dude of and on sent he first went national. I've yet to here anything that I would call sexist or racist.

Name one JB I've listened to the dude of and on sent he first went national. I've yet to here anything that I would call sexist or racist.

Hold up, I have to look 'em up. I don't recall off the top of my head, I just remember listening ion and getting the impression he was a fucking douche and pretty much ignoring his ass from then on. :lol:

One sec.. I remember him sounding like an ass, but I don't recall his exact words and the 'quotes' I'm finding are all uncited...

it looks like I might have bought into some spin, here...

Okay, I'm going to have to retract my comments, save for the ones about him generally being an arrogant ass (not in of itself a problem), pending confirmation of words attributed to him and/or listening for a bit again and giving Rush a second chance.

I will post again if I am able to confirm the words attributed to mister Limbaugh or otherwise hear him say things to confirm the conclusion I drew earlier (which now appears to be unfairly held and possible influenced by media spin by his opponents).

I apologize to mister Limbaugh for my earlier comments and and any unfair characterizations I might have forwarded.

If it says media matters ignore it. Compared to those people Daily Kos is a paragon of rectitude.

I know. Everyone should only be exposed to American Thinker, PoliPundit and for fun, MoonBattery.

Tom Friedman is not exactly known for sitting firmly in the conservative camp, and he had this to say about Bush's actions in the middle east:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/14/opinion/14friedman.html?_r=1

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Man, you are a complete tool.

Tom Friedman was in favor of your and Bush's War FROM THE VERY START

:lol:

Did Sean Hannity order you to post this? Freidman's not a lefty, and he was Pro-War back when you and bush were trying to sell your bullshit war
Friedman sure was a cheerleader for the Iraq War.

Forum List

Back