a liberal abode

Intense -

I totally agree with you.

I am not suggesting welfare always assists people climb out of poverty, but neither do I accept for a moment that welfare somehow creates poverty which did not previously exist.

The OP knows this too, which is why he has been dodging the question.

I'm not dodging anything. This is a good subject to discuss. No need to be angry or suggestive. Many are guilty of or at least at fault inside this quagmire.

What's the problem?

F-BNWTlk0ZNHxjQe61bV81.jpg

F-BNWTlk0ZNHxjUe61bV80.jpg

Home is where you dig it.

Yeah! Blame government! Now it's both parties, not freedom itself, which leads to outcomes like this.

Clearly this blame government mentality comes from people who have never been under the poverty line nor lived in neighborhoods which were largely in poverty.

Yeah! Blame government! Now it's both parties, not freedom itself, which leads to outcomes like this.

Clearly this blame government mentality comes from people who have never been under the poverty line nor lived in neighborhoods which were largely in poverty.

So you're saying the people who live in the Ghetto's like it and want to be in the subculture of America?

Let me try again.

Cops,

How many able bodied adult Americans are there who refuse to work an available job and instead live off of our tax dollars? Meaning....how many are there? Get it. You need to answer with a number.

Assuming you have an answer to that question, please answer these three as well.

How many of them are white?
How many of them are black?
How many of them vote?

Finally, please learn the difference between "there" and "their".

Thanks.

So you're saying the people who live in the Ghetto's like it and want to be in the subculture of America?
There is obviously more zeal for being 'ghetto' or 'hood' than you acknowledge. Do you think that only folks in nice neighborhoods take pride in the cities they are raised? ..or that only sophisticated people take pride in their level of sophistication?

The more significant point is that some Americans don't invest enough time or energy in their pursuit of happiness. We'd all like to own a respectable house in a respectable neighborhood, but not everyone cares to do the work to obtain that or to line their kids up to obtain that.

At the same time, someone has to buy that decrepit fixer-upper in the hood. I bought one in '02, and I was a bit of a slum-lord. I couldn't afford to improve those apartments, and my exit plan was to sell to someone who's likely to demo the shit. That all worked for me, and for people with $450-$650 to spend every month it worked out too... Even though it was a little ghetto.

For the fourth time now:

1) How does welfare create these conditions, and not poverty?

2) How many people slipped into poverty during the Bush administration?

When not handled properly, an environment of dependency and despair is created. It is dangerous all around. Incentive needs to be fed, not displaced.

perhaps the first step in getting rid of 'dependency" would be getting rid of reimbursement requirements that make it impossible for people to take a low level job and pay back what they would owe the government.

perhaps another step in getting rid of 'dependency' would be funding head start programs, job training programs and providing daycare for unwed mothers (the majority of whom are white, by the way) which would allow them to work.

oh yeah, and keeping abortion and birth control legal and insured since white single mothers form the largest single group on welfare... no matter how much the right uses it as a buzz word for blacks.

For the fourth time now:

When not handled properly, an environment of dependency and despair is created. It is dangerous all around. Incentive needs to be fed, not displaced.

perhaps the first step in getting rid of 'dependency" would be getting rid of reimbursement requirements that make it impossible for people to take a low level job and pay back what they would owe the government.

perhaps another step in getting rid of 'dependency' would be funding head start programs, job training programs and providing daycare for unwed mothers (the majority of whom are white, by the way) which would allow them to work.

oh yeah, and keeping abortion and birth control legal and insured since white single mothers form the largest single group on welfare... no matter how much the right uses it as a buzz word for blacks.

My first question to you Jillian would be to explain the reimbursement policy?

My second & third question will follow.

And lastly this thread was about getting people out of the ghettos and in to better living conditions and a productive path in life. There should be no place like this one pictured in our country. If our politicians can give billions of our tax dollars away every year to other countries and get nothing in return they can easily can eliminate ghettos.

And lastly this thread was about getting people out of the ghettos and in to better living conditions and a productive path in life. There should be no place like this one pictured in our country. If our politicians can give billions of our tax dollars away every year to other countries and get nothing in return they can easily can eliminate ghettos.
Go, gubmint, go!

Slums in this country were created by progressives. In the 70s a bunch of liberal fat cats set up the scheme that gave us "inner city" projects.

For the fourth time now:

I love Head Start, too...but sadly, there is absolutely no evidence that it actually accomplishes anything.

I find that really hard to believe, but I think it's true. Bad parenting can't be by-passed by Head Start, apparently. The kids still spin out of control.

Won't happen, though. We're on the downhill slope of our civilization.

Well brighter.

They're a cancer, we'll never get rid of them and they will end by destroying everything.

Well brighter.

They're a cancer, we'll never get rid of them and they will end by destroying everything.

If Romney gets in and the Senate goes New Republican we wil get rid of them once and for all.
They'll be sure to make us great again to a point Liberals will not even be considered.
This New Republican Party will create possibilities for all.

Did you see Wolf Blitzer and company turn his back on the Pledge Allegiance to the Flag at the RNC? What a liberal disgrace........ Then they wouldn't stand while America's song played.
Scumbags.. all for an agenda to destroy American.
I still have a hard time knowing people on welfare vote for Libs who got them there and keep a foot over there throats.

Well brighter.

If Romney gets in and the Senate goes New Republican we wil get rid of them once and for all.
They'll be sure to make us great again to a point Liberals will not even be considered.

Did you see Wolf Blitzer and company turn his back on the Pledge Allegiance to the Flag at the RNC? What a liberal disgrace........ Then they wouldn't stand while America's song played.
I still have a hard time knowing people on welfare vote for Libs who got them there and keep a foot over there throats.

It's because they're fed lies.

And they aren't well enough educated in our public school system (who is instrumental in feeding those lies, btw) to know that they're being brainwashed.

Well brighter.

It's because they're fed lies.

And they aren't well enough educated in our public school system (who is instrumental in feeding those lies, btw) to know that they're being brainwashed.

Public Unions... Oh shit, Don't get me started. Those pricks are more costly than welfare.

Forum List

Back