a letter to the swedish ambassador.....

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
A friend of mine wrote this......

Dear Excellency,

I am writing to you, in regards to the boycott of the Israeli ships in all of Sweden' s ports, in the hope that you would convey my thoughts to the Swedish government and dignitaries.

My name is Deleted for privacy reasons.... and I now live in the United States, California, proud United States citizen and mother of three.

My parents, along with thousands of italians of jewish faith, suffered the cumulative vicious horrors of the fascists, the nazis and the muslims. Finally all jewish people were expelled from Libya in 1967, after the six day war.

There were never human rights demonstrations on behalf of those peaceful, productive citizens.

Current events, utterly shock me, and all my friends. It is with sadness that I learned that Sweden, which in the past helped to save jewish lives from Nazi barbarism and incivility , has allowed this boycott against the ships of Israel, essentially enabling and condoning the actions of those who call for the criminalization, destruction, and elimination of Israel. Essentially legitimizing Hamas.

The "Peace Flotilla" was not a collection of innocent passengers with peaceful intentions.

The Turkish organization IHH has ties with Hamas, recognized as a terrorist organization by the United Nations.

Hamas is not concerned about human rights.Their charter openly calls for the destruction of Israel.

Sweden is oddly silent in the face of the atrocities by N.Korea, Iran, Russia, Al Qaida, Talibans, Turkey...

Sweden's misplaced outrage should be directed toward the real attacks upon humanity such as in Darfur, China, and Kurdistan.

With this boycott, Sweden allows a display of unnecessary addition of hatred and anti-Semitism toward Israel, a country wrongly and hastily accused.

Ironically, Israel is the only democracy in the vast Middle East, which grants her arab citizens the full rights every other Israeli citizen enjoys.

Israel is a sovereign State, and as such, has a right to self-defense, a right to exist, and a right to halt illegal importation of arms and weapons, if real peace is the true goal.

Please ask your government to reconsider their stance on this hostile boycott, that troubles all the jewish people, and is engulfing the entire globe in a renewal of antisemitism, a terrible reminder to me, and to the whole jewish community, of the "racial laws" during WWII, and of the Holocaust.

Respectfully,

Deleted for privacy reasons....

FACTS:

Well over a million tons of humanitarian supplies entered Gaza from Israel from January 2009 - May 2010, equaling nearly a ton of aid for every man, woman and child in Gaza. Food and supplies are shipped from Israel to Gaza six days a week, channeled through aid organizations or via Gaza's private sector. Millions of dollars worth of international food aid continually flows through the Israeli humanitarian apparatus, ensuring that there is no food shortage in Gaza

Israel transfers school equipment supplied by UNRWA including notebooks, school bags, writing implements and textbooks, and is coordinating the transfer of 200,000 laptop

And the list goes on...

Forum List

Back