A Letter To Hobby Lobby

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
From Leslie Salzillo, an artist.

iIFHXKb.jpg

More...

I'm sick and tired, of being sick and tired, of seeing women's rights gutted and stomped on by misogynist GOP politicians and corporations. As an artist, I will no longer purchase my supplies from Hobby Lobby. Rarely do I use the words 'always' and 'never'. In this case, I can say I will never step foot in another Hobby Lobby store again - even if they drop the lawsuit.
To use religion as their stance, then import products from China, knowing China has forced-abortions, and in some areas, horrible working conditions and a lack of human rights, Hobby Lobby is guilty of the worst kind of blasphemy and hypocrisy. This Hobby Lobby case is not about the money - It's about THE MONEY. Money, greed and control.

This is my public goodbye to Hobby Lobby and my happy hello to small, locally-owned art supply shops - where I should have been shopping in the first place.

One customer. Oooh that's really gonna hurt.

Looks like a lot more. I know the store here is always empty.

http://eastbrunswick.patch.com/groups/opinion/p/hobby-lobby-doesnt-cater-to-our-people_f2757c0d

Seems like Hobby Lobby hates The Jews too...

Is Christian-owned Hobby Lobby boycotting Hanukkah? | Religion News Service

The national craft store owned by conservative billionaire Steve Green seemingly refuses to carry merchandise related to Hanukkah because of Green’s “Christian values,” and some Jews are taking offense.

“I will never set foot in a Hobby Lobby. Ever.” wrote Ken Berwitz, the New Jersey blogger who brought the Hobby Lobby Hanukkah flap to light in a Friday (Sept. 27) blog post.

Berwitz’s outrage has spread to other bloggers who are taking Hobby Lobby to task as a store that courts the general public, but refuses to stock anything related to Judaism — even in communities with significant Jewish populations.

“If they want to sell all over the nation then they must include all people within that nation,” wrote a Jewish visual artist named Abbey on a blog post entitled “Is Hobby Lobby Anti-Semitic?”

In response to questions about its lack of Hanukkah items — no paper dreidels, menorah-making kits, greeting cards — Hobby Lobby emailed the following statement to Religion News Service:

“Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. is currently working with our buyers over our merchandise selection. Our customers have brought this to our attention and we are currently evaluating our Holiday items and what we will carry in the future.”

Note to the Public:
If health care policies can't be mandated by govt
without bringing up issues of discrimination, by gender or religion,
this is a sign that such policies DON'T BELONG IN FEDERAL HANDS TO BEGIN WITH.

If you don't want discrimination, then keep it out of federal govt.
All people are free to pursue and pay for their own beliefs.
Nobody is being denied anything.

If you believe the federal govt and companies owe you these things,
you are imposing your own beliefs first, which this company and half the nation
already disagrees with.

Ever think that is where the conflict is originating? In trying to force govt and companies
to do things they were not designed to do or in charge of deciding?

Maybe that's the problem here?

Hobby Lobby may be alienating half its customer base,
but this issue of forcing govt on companies to control health care decisions,
instead of respecting individual choice and civil liberties under the Constitution,
is alienating half the nation.

From Leslie Salzillo, an artist.

iIFHXKb.jpg

More...

I'm sick and tired, of being sick and tired, of seeing women's rights gutted and stomped on by misogynist GOP politicians and corporations. As an artist, I will no longer purchase my supplies from Hobby Lobby. Rarely do I use the words 'always' and 'never'. In this case, I can say I will never step foot in another Hobby Lobby store again - even if they drop the lawsuit.
To use religion as their stance, then import products from China, knowing China has forced-abortions, and in some areas, horrible working conditions and a lack of human rights, Hobby Lobby is guilty of the worst kind of blasphemy and hypocrisy. This Hobby Lobby case is not about the money - It's about THE MONEY. Money, greed and control.

This is my public goodbye to Hobby Lobby and my happy hello to small, locally-owned art supply shops - where I should have been shopping in the first place.

Good, support the free market. Which is all Hobby Lobby was asking as well!

Wow! The first line of that letter is the epitome of stupid-- you do not want to give women the same insurance benefits as you give men! Since when do men use the 4 types of birth control that hobby lobby is objecting to?

One customer. Oooh that's really gonna hurt.

Looks like a lot more. I know the store here is always empty.

http://eastbrunswick.patch.com/groups/opinion/p/hobby-lobby-doesnt-cater-to-our-people_f2757c0d

Seems like Hobby Lobby hates The Jews too...

Is Christian-owned Hobby Lobby boycotting Hanukkah? | Religion News Service

The national craft store owned by conservative billionaire Steve Green seemingly refuses to carry merchandise related to Hanukkah because of Green’s “Christian values,” and some Jews are taking offense.

“I will never set foot in a Hobby Lobby. Ever.” wrote Ken Berwitz, the New Jersey blogger who brought the Hobby Lobby Hanukkah flap to light in a Friday (Sept. 27) blog post.

Berwitz’s outrage has spread to other bloggers who are taking Hobby Lobby to task as a store that courts the general public, but refuses to stock anything related to Judaism — even in communities with significant Jewish populations.

“If they want to sell all over the nation then they must include all people within that nation,” wrote a Jewish visual artist named Abbey on a blog post entitled “Is Hobby Lobby Anti-Semitic?”

In response to questions about its lack of Hanukkah items — no paper dreidels, menorah-making kits, greeting cards — Hobby Lobby emailed the following statement to Religion News Service:

“Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. is currently working with our buyers over our merchandise selection. Our customers have brought this to our attention and we are currently evaluating our Holiday items and what we will carry in the future.”

And? There are 5.3 million Jews in America, within a population of 316 million overall. Like I said, this isn't even going to hurt them. Please spare me your irrelevant garbage.

What are the benefits that males get from the hobby lobby insurance plan that they want to deny to females?

What are the benefits that males get from the hobby lobby insurance plan that they want to deny to females?

Is Hobby Lobby opposed to male contraception too?

btw...you do realize that the normal health insurance plans aren't sex specific?

Is Hobby Lobby opposed to male contraception too?

btw...you do realize that the normal health insurance plans aren't sex specific?

Apparently Leslie Sallzillo does not know this. That being said I would suspect that hobby lobby would be opposed to any male "contraception" that results in what they consider to be an abortion. However, there is no such male contraception.

Last edited:
Hobby Lobby gets almost all of their shitty merchandise from China. Even if their idiotic discrimination was not harming women, some rw's would support them just so they could take jobs away from the US and give them to China.

Hobby Lobby gets almost all of their shitty merchandise from China. Even if their idiotic discrimination was not harming women, some rw's would support them just so they could take jobs away from the US and give them to China.

How many big retailers do not get merchandise from China?
Yeah, thanks. Now go kill yourself.

Forum List

Back