A letter to America: You Cannot be Serious

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
A letter to America: You Cannot be Serious | CommonDreams.org

"...Ms Palin is a symbol of deep American introversion, of the fact that you have ceased to take yourselves seriously and, more important, don't much care who knows it. Arguments over the relationship between the wider world and your choices have become irrelevant. You have detached yourself, finally, from the global community. This is isolationism as never before conceived. "American" in my life has been lingua franca, for better or ill. Now you talk to yourself.

And you talk, my friends, in the sort of gibberish that once you spurned. It's not about Ms Palin, as such. It is about the process that creates a candidate-grin manipulated to serve darkness, ignorance, fear, a war economy, and the flaunting of stupidity.

Nice going."

America for Dummies: A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to further marginalize science and progress in America by supporting creationism (religion) as science.

America's natural propensity to eschew intellectualism is fairly obvious, isn't it?

"...Ms Palin is a symbol of deep American introversion, of the fact that you have ceased to take yourselves seriously and, more important, don't much care who knows it. Arguments over the relationship between the wider world and your choices have become irrelevant. You have detached yourself, finally, from the global community. This is isolationism as never before conceived. "American" in my life has been lingua franca, for better or ill. Now you talk to yourself.

And you talk, my friends, in the sort of gibberish that once you spurned. It's not about Ms Palin, as such. It is about the process that creates a candidate-grin manipulated to serve darkness, ignorance, fear, a war economy, and the flaunting of stupidity.

Nice going."

Bit much. Bush was worse, and he was head of the ticket. So it sounds a bit hysterical to me.

WOW! :clap2:

I liked it...I even liked what he said about Obama!

it's always insightful to see how others see us IMO...

"...[D]oes your polity truly intend to suspend all disbelief, all debate, all thought, because of a well-groomed moose-killer?" I think the republicans have, a electorate weaned on TV and mesmerized by glamour loves the wacky religious nutcase.

friends
Once Elected, Palin Hired Friends and Lashed Foes | CommonDreams.org

church
For Palin, It?s a (Christian) Man?s World | CommonDreams.org

theocrat
What's the Difference Between Palin and Muslim Fundamentalists? Lipstick | CommonDreams.org

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Nice going."

America for Dummies: A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to further marginalize science and progress in America by supporting creationism (religion) as science.

Please explain,what the hell your even trying to Say.

Please explain,what the hell your even trying to Say.

Are you being serious? Did you read the link?

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Are you being serious? Did you read the link?

She never reads the link.

Assuming that "she" is not a sock puppet....

Nice going."

Who fucking cares what some Limey thinks? :cuckoo:

I'm sorry, I can't take anyone who has in their military an "Admiral Rear" sarge seriously. Particularly given the propensity of the British to butt-dive.

Islamic law in Britain now.

As I said somewhere else..inbreeding and anemia have taken their toll.....all the worthwhile breeding stock was killed off during WWII.

Forum List

Back