A Letter from Granddad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soaring

May 30, 2009
I couldn't find any other section to put this, so I will post it here. I snoped it, and it was not found to be false. This kind of spells it out to young people.

Letter from Granddad:

John is 63 years old and owns his own business. He is a
life-long Republican and sees his dream of retiring next
year is now all but gone. With the stock market crashing and
all the new taxes coming his way, John knows he will be
working for a good number more years.

John has a Granddaughter. Ashley is a recent college grad.
She drives a late model car, wears all the latest fashions,
and also likes going out and eating out a lot.

Ashley
campaigned hard for Obama, and after he won the election she
made sure her Grandfather (and all other Republican family
members) received more than an earful on how the world is
going to be a much better place now that Obama won the election.

Ashley recently found herself short of cash and cannot pay
her bills, again. As she has done many other times in the
past, she e-mailed her Grandfather asking for some financial
help. Here is his reply:

"Sweetheart,

I am replying to your request for more money. Ashley, you
know I love you dearly and am sympathetic to your financial
plight. Unfortunately, times have changed. With the election
of President Obama, your Grandmother and I have had to set
forth a bold new economic plan of our own...the 'Ashley
Economic Plan'. Let me explain. Your grandmother and I are
highly productive, wage-earning tax payers. As you know, we
have lived a comfortable life and in return have forgone
many things like fancy vacations, luxury cars, etc. We have
worked hard and were looking forward to retiring soon. But
this plan has changed. Your president is significantly
raising our personal and business taxes. He says it is so he
can give our hard earned money to other people. Do you know
what this means, Ashley? It means less income for us. Less
income means we must cut back on many business and personal
expenditures. One example is, we were forced to let go of
our receptionist today. You know her. She always gave you
candy when you visited my office. Did you know she worked
for us for the past 18 years? I can't afford her anymore.

That is a taste of the business side. Some personal economic
affects of Obama's new taxation policies include none other
than you. You know very well that over the years your
grandmother and I have given you thousands of dollars in
cash, tuition assistance, food, housing, clothing, gifts,
etc., etc. By your vote, you have chosen another family over
ours for help. Judging from your Email requesting more
money, I recommend you call 202-456-1111. That is the direct
telephone number for the White House. You yourself
repeatedly told me I was foolish vote Republican. You said
Mr. Obama is going to be the people's president and is going
to help every American live a better life. Based upon
everything you have told me and things we heard from him as
he campaigned, I am sure Mr. Obama will be happy to send a
check or transfer money into your checking account. Have him
call me for the transaction and account numbers, which by
now I know by heart.

Perhaps you now can understand what I have been saying for
all my life: those who vote for the president should
consider what the impact of an election will be on the
nation as a whole, and not just be concerned with what they
can get for themselves (welfare, etc.). What Obama voters
don't seem to realize is all of the "government's" money he
is 'redistributing' to illegal aliens and non-taxpaying
Americans (deemed "less fortunate") comes from tax money
collected from income tax-paying families. Remember how you
told me, "Only the richest of the rich will be affected"?
Guess what, honey? Because of our business, your Grandmother
and I are now considered to be the richest of the rich. On
paper, it might look that way. But in the real world, we are
far from it. But, as you said while campaigning for Obama,
some people will have to carry more of the burden so all of
America can prosper.. You understand what that means, right?
It means that raising taxes on productive people results in
them having less money. Less money for everything, including
granddaughters.

Congratulations on your choice for "change". For future
reference, I encourage you to attempt to add up the total
value of the gifts and money you've received from us over
the years, and compare it to what you expect to get over the
next four years from Mr. Obama.

Remember, we love you dearly... but from now on you'll need
to call the number referenced above when you need help.

Good luck, sweetheart.
Love,
Grampa.

PS: How was your recent trip to Jamaica? I have never been
there but I hear it is lovely this time of year."

You need a link

I couldn't find any other section to put this, so I will post it here. I snoped it, and it was not found to be false.

1. snopes doesn'thave it in their site at all as far as I can see.... so your saying you "snoped it and it wasn't found to be false" is misleading at best, dishonest at worst.

2. you didn't provide a link

3. what ignorant trash.... you should be embarrassed posting it anywhere. and if you want to know where it belongs, you can try "flame". or "conspiracies" or maybe even "humor".

:cuckoo:

"John is 63 years old and owns his own business. He is a life-long Republican and sees his dream of retiring next year is now all but gone. With the stock market crashing and all the new taxes coming his way, John knows he will be working for a good number more years."

One can read this a number of ways. John is a nitwit if nearing retirement he was still in risky securities. If 63 he can collect social security, and if retiring why would his taxes be high? John and the poster of John's idiocy are both idiots.

LOL! Only a total doosh would try to make his granddaughter the cause of all his problems. :clap2:

Gotta love the party of personal responsibility.

LOL! Only a total doosh would try to make his granddaughter the cause of all his problems. :clap2:

Gotta love the party of personal responsibility.

Notice he doesn't complain about HOW his retirement got killed and WHO was President and Congress for 6 of the last 8 years as his retirement was getting killed.

Hey, for all you nut job right wingers, REPUBLICANS were in charge and killed this economy and REPUBLICANS were in charge when 9/11 hit. Take some responsibility

I think my dad lost the bulk of his retirement a few months before Obama became President, like everyone else.

"John is 63 years old and owns his own business. He is a life-long Republican and sees his dream of retiring next year is now all but gone. With the stock market crashing and all the new taxes coming his way, John knows he will be working for a good number more years."

One can read this a number of ways. John is a nitwit if nearing retirement he was still in risky securities. If 63 he can collect social security, and if retiring why would his taxes be high? John and the poster of John's idiocy are both idiots.
He owns his own business, and has been investing in the stock market all of his working life. The stock market has been trashed, and he can no longer retire with a comfortable income as he had planned so he needs to work a few more years to get passed the Obama tax scheme and hope that the stock market comes back to life so his securities and investments are once again making a profit. Obviously, you don't have an understanding of the stock market or the retirement system of the investment programs or you wouldn't make such an ignorant statement. Social security may give John about a thousand dollars a month. Could you live on that? Again, you are making really dumb statements.
However, the point of this whole post was to make it clear that young people in the United States think that Obama is the saviour, and that is why they voted for him. Obfviously, he is not leading our country into anything but bankruptsy, and these kids thought he knew how to save us.

You DID NOT provide a link when asked. You violated the TOS of the USMB. Thread Closed.

Last edited:
I couldn't find any other section to put this, so I will post it here. I snoped it, and it was not found to be false.

1. snopes doesn'thave it in their site at all as far as I can see.... so your saying you "snoped it and it wasn't found to be false" is misleading at best, dishonest at worst.

2. you didn't provide a link

3. what ignorant trash.... you should be embarrassed posting it anywhere. and if you want to know where it belongs, you can try "flame". or "conspiracies" or maybe even "humor".

:cuckoo:

'Bout time to move it or boot it, doncha think? :lol:

He owns his own business, and has been investing in the stock market all of his working life. The stock market has been trashed, and he can no longer retire with a comfortable income as he had planned so he needs to work a few more years to get passed the Obama tax scheme and hope that the stock market comes back to life so his securities and investments are once again making a profit. Obviously, you don't have an understanding of the stock market or the retirement system of the investment programs or you wouldn't make such an ignorant statement. Social security may give John about a thousand dollars a month. Could you live on that? Again, you are making really dumb statements.
However, the point of this whole post was to make it clear that young people in the United States think that Obama is the saviour, and that is why they voted for him. Obfviously, he is not leading our country into anything but bankruptsy, and these kids thought he knew how to save us.
:cuckoo: Only fools invest their money in the stock market without investing what they need to live somewhere else safe...especially at that age.

I guess he wasn't quite smart enough to learn the lessons of the Depression.

And stupider still to trust Bush and company to watch his back. He should be on his knees in gratitude that social security wasn't privatized.

:lol::lol::lol:

I just assumed it was another lib sob story when I started out. You know, like the stuff boobo posts and you guys all go "ooh" and "ahhh..." and "this is what happens..."

Sort of like the article where the kids were booted from the pool...but nobody from the pool was interviewed. Hell, you were all over that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back