A letter from Dad to his Son

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Dear Son:

As long as you live under this roof you will follow the rules. In our house we do not have a democracy. I did not campaign to be your father. You did not vote for me. We are father and son by the grace of God. I consider it a privilege and I accept the responsibility. In accepting it, I have an obligation to perform the role of father.
I am not your pal. The age difference makes such a relationship impossible. We can share many things, but you must remember that I am your father. This is 100 times more meaningful than being a pal.
You will do as I say as long as you live in this house. You are not to disobey me because whatever I ask you to do is motivated by love. This may be hard for you to understand at times, but the rule holds. You will understand perfectly when you have a son of your own. Until then trust me.

Love, Dad.

:)

I found that in a box - my Dad copied and sent it to me - I think he got it from Dear Abby.

dmp said:
Dear Son:

As long as you live under this roof you will follow the rules. In our house we do not have a democracy. I did not campaign to be your father. You did not vote for me. We are father and son by the grace of God. I consider it a privilege and I accept the responsibility. In accepting it, I have an obligation to perform the role of father.
I am not your pal. The age difference makes such a relationship impossible. We can share many things, but you must remember that I am your father. This is 100 times more meaningful than being a pal.
You will do as I say as long as you live in this house. You are not to disobey me because whatever I ask you to do is motivated by love. This may be hard for you to understand at times, but the rule holds. You will understand perfectly when you have a son of your own. Until then trust me.

Love, Dad.

:)

I found that in a box - my Dad copied and sent it to me - I think he got it from Dear Abby.
I'm gonna snatch that and change Son to daughter and dad to mom...I* hope my children get the clue...*L*
Mind you I have really good kids...but a reminder isn't a bad thing...
I have said time and time again...Our home is NOT a democracy...it is a dictatorship...*L*....I am the dictator of course....but this puts it much nicer then I could have...

Forum List

Back