A "Let's Kick People Off" Thread Idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sealadaigh

Rookie
Mar 12, 2012
THE NO REP ZONE
maybe there should be a forum where the person who starts a thread has complete control of it so they can kick people off and delete the posts with which they disagree.

personally, i don't like it on principle, but in my short time on these boards, i have seen a few people try to kick people off threads for having a contrary point of view.

maybe there should be a forum where the person who starts a thread has complete control of it so they can kick people off and delete the posts with which they disagree.

personally, i don't like it on principle, but in my short time on these boards, i have seen a few people try to kick people off threads for having a contrary point of view.
Practicing for the next 4 years of Obama unchained, rehab? :rolleyes:

• Banned

lolol...not at all. like i said, i think it is a bad idea. other people seem to think they can start a thread and tell people to leave. i ust think they should have a forum to accomodate them. personally, i would never even look at it.

everything isn't about obama/romney, you know. i was one of the undecided but voted for obama in the last minute...but if romney would have won, i would support him no more and no less than i do obama now. i like a good game, but i am an american and that game is over.

i don't like the bitterness expressed by the romney supporters, but i dislike the gloating by the obama supporters even more.

if americans remain divided so much and keep fighting each other, this country may fall apart lol...that might not be a bad thing. i think if WA state seceded from the union, we would be the second or third largest nuclear power.

... other people seem to think they can start a thread and tell people to leave ...

Then there are those who demand that you repeatedly post in any thread you start and actually accuse you of "running away" if you're not posting here 24/7.

Weird.

lolol...not at all. like i said, i think it is a bad idea. other people seem to think they can start a thread and tell people to leave. i ust think they should have a forum to accomodate them. personally, i would never even look at it.

everything isn't about obama/romney, you know. i was one of the undecided but voted for obama in the last minute...but if romney would have won, i would support him no more and no less than i do obama now. i like a good game, but i am an american and that game is over.

i don't like the bitterness expressed by the romney supporters, but i dislike the gloating by the obama supporters even more.

if americans remain divided so much and keep fighting each other, this country may fall apart lol...that might not be a bad thing. i think if WA state seceded from the union, we would be the second or third largest nuclear power.
I reserve the right to be angry that Democrats, using public funds, bus foreign people in to precincts that do not require any identification whatever, tell the people to vote for Democrats all the way down, check to make sure they vote Democrat, make them change the vote if it's "wrong" and then put them all back on the bus to go to the next precinct to do it all over again all day long.

I was raised with the principle of one man one vote. Today, I would settle for one U.S. citizen, one vote.

Democrats and their omerta buds in Unions and Acorn splinter groups have destroyed my trust in the voting process. Oh, yes, and Democrats have changed the state laws so they can vote for all week in some places. That gives them a lot more time to get those votes doubled, tripled, quadripled, and more!

Why vote when it's 30 to 1 in Union towns where Union penalties are carried out against their own members who have an original thought or a different preference than their Democrats-in-the-pocket.

Sorry that offends you. It's so blatantly a crazy-maker, it loads me for bear. :evil:

Voting against such a criminal process makes me hate the Community Organizers who made it happen because someone tells them once a week to "God Damn America"

Last edited:
You take the good with the bad in threads. Some people want to talk and make points some people was to be the entertainment. Others enjoy just reading. Unless it is egregious nonsense no one should ever be thread banned.

You take the good with the bad in threads. Some people want to talk and make points some people was to be the entertainment. Others enjoy just reading. Unless it is egregious nonsense no one should ever be thread banned.

I agree, however, don't you just wish you could slap some sense into some of them? Along with thank you button, how about a "slap some sense into them" button? Of course said button should never apply to me. :D

• Banned

i agree completely. all i was suggesting is that there are some people who think they should be able to control what people say and tell people with a contrary opinion that they cannot post on a thread that they started. i just think if they want to say stuff like that, maybe there should be a forum to accomodate them. i certainly wouldn't post in it, or even look at it, myself.

i just think it would be nice to isolate them, or better put, to let them isolate themselves. i have never told anyone they could not post on a thread i started, no matter how outrageous the statement and when i was first told that, i thought it was an isolated incident, but lately i have encountered amore casees where i, and other posters as well, have been told to leave threads wherer they differ in opinion (and usually politely, at least initially) with the person who started the thread.

• Banned

I reserve the right to be angry that Democrats, using public funds, bus foreign people in to precincts that do not require any identification whatever, tell the people to vote for Democrats all the way down, check to make sure they vote Democrat, make them change the vote if it's "wrong" and then put them all back on the bus to go to the next precinct to do it all over again all day long.

I was raised with the principle of one man one vote. Today, I would settle for one U.S. citizen, one vote.

Democrats and their omerta buds in Unions and Acorn splinter groups have destroyed my trust in the voting process. Oh, yes, and Democrats have changed the state laws so they can vote for all week in some places. That gives them a lot more time to get those votes doubled, tripled, quadripled, and more!

Why vote when it's 30 to 1 in Union towns where Union penalties are carried out against their own members who have an original thought or a different preference than their Democrats-in-the-pocket.

Sorry that offends you. It's so blatantly a crazy-maker, it loads me for bear. :evil:

Voting against such a criminal process makes me hate the Community Organizers who made it happen because someone tells them once a week to "God Damn America"

lolol...i believe exactly the opposite, and am a retired teamster myself, but offend me, not at all. you expressed your opinion well and didn't indulge in the backbiting and personal insults that so many indulge in (and myself also when i am pushed to the limit).

so no, i didn't find your post offensive at all.

as for what the democrats allegedly did, i think perhaps the republicans engaged in such activity also and perhaps just weren't as successful. that doesn't mean i agree with either side doing such things.

businesses organise and form alliances with each other...the better business bureau and small business associations of different sorts, yet people always attack the working person and impede their abikity and right to organise.

one thing...unions want their employers to succeed in every way. they realise that if the company that employs them that that success tricles down.

another thing...i think, if you want to get a good idea about what organised labour has done, what they have accomplished, you need to look at women jumping to their deaths in garment factory fires and children going down into dark and dusty mine shafts because the primary wage earner wasn't making enough to support his family. those types of abuses ran rampant in this country before unions. another way to see what unions have done is to look at the working conditions and ways of life in the countries with strong labour movements and compare them with those countries with weak or no labour movements.

but this isn't what this thread is about so...
GET OFFA MA THREAD!!! GIT ON OUTTA HEAH!!!

just kiddin'...but people actually do tell other people that. i say let's just give them their own thread power in a special place so you and i won't have to put op with that kind of garbage.

Yeah, what this place need is still more PARTISAN CIRCLE-JERK threads.

Because most partisans here can not stand it when rational people eviserate their goofy notions by fact and logic.

Partians need to be protected from reality and this is a great way to give them their own sandboxes.

Censorship is unbecoming.

"Walker's concerns were soon overcome, as an orderly world was restored and the "political defeat" of the democrats "was total and irreversible," Christopher Hill observes. By 1695 censorship could be abandoned, "not on the radicals' libertarian principles, but because censorship was no longer necessary," for "the opinion-formers" now "censored themselves" and "nothing got into print which frightened the men of property." In the same year, John Locke wrote that "day-labourers and tradesmen, the spinsters and dairymaids" must be told what to believe. "The greatest part cannot know and therefore they must believe."" Noam Chomsky

I agree, however, don't you just wish you could slap some sense into some of them? Along with thank you button, how about a "slap some sense into them" button? Of course said button should never apply to me. :D

Slapping sense is to bring facts, authority and great deal of tolerance to the discussion. There are people who will make personal attacks because they nothing to add and just want to see what happens. Like anyplace else there are people who assume these roles as there are people who are excellent posters and add to the discussion.

That is why we have moderators, they are the ones who actually administer the thread banning and police the threads.

More regulations to kick people off threads?? Sounds too Gustapoish and Liberal. no thanks. I like the difference of opinions. It lets me know how the idiots of society actually think.

There were a lot of good reasons why the Rs got their butts kicked. wouldn't it make more sense to examine those reasons instead of telling the same tired lies about the Ds?

...Sounds too Gustapoish and Liberal...

Same here. Its the Rs who want laws controlling the most intimate aspects of our lives, just as they pushed voter intimidation, voter suppression, buying and stealing votes. All that and they still lost. Instead of lying about the D, why don't you look at the incredibly anti-American GObP?

I think that would be a very good tool for someone with a weak point of view. In practice it would increase anger and divisiveness, much like the media and political parties enjoy now. You would end up with competing threads instead of integrated. I think we have done enough to escalate the discourse.

i agree completely. all i was suggesting is that there are some people who think they should be able to control what people say and tell people with a contrary opinion that they cannot post on a thread that they started. i just think if they want to say stuff like that, maybe there should be a forum to accomodate them. i certainly wouldn't post in it, or even look at it, myself.

i just think it would be nice to isolate them, or better put, to let them isolate themselves. i have never told anyone they could not post on a thread i started, no matter how outrageous the statement and when i was first told that, i thought it was an isolated incident, but lately i have encountered amore casees where i, and other posters as well, have been told to leave threads wherer they differ in opinion (and usually politely, at least initially) with the person who started the thread.

I think the coffee shop was started as a place where you could go just to chat. No politics, no religion, no arguments and name calling. It says so right in the first post. People who ignore that may be asked to leave by other members of the coffee shop only because we go there to get away from all that crap. Now asking them to leave is not the same as forcing them to leave. The truth is, if we get tired of their crap we can all just ignore them but I think that if you can't abide by what's posted in the original post, why would you want to post there anyway? Just to cause trouble?

When it comes to threads where people post opinions, I don't think anyone with differing opinions should be asked to leave unless they are taking the discussion out on a tangent somewhere that has nothing to do with the op. I myself tend to go off on tangents.

I also think anybody has the right to ask anybody to leave, but it doesn't mean that you have to leave or that they should ask anybody to leave. We're still a free country. I've even been asked to leave this country because of my viewpoints. I just point out no, since there aren't any other countries that will take Americans of the lower classes with no jobs, I'll just stay here and fight to make this country what our ancestors had intended in the first place.

Welcome to the world wide web and the wisdom of crowds.

People here will hijack threads with long running back and forth personal insults. Or a thread will be taken so far off topic...

The www forum world is made up of lots of mental defectives, shut ins, cripples...many of them Vietnam Era Veterans on government assistance

Good lord man... are you still whining that mad scientist asked you to move your argument to out of his rep thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back