A lesson Martha Coakley learned too late

there's no doubt scott ran an excellent campaign. my point is that martha blew it by acting like it was a given that she'd be elected. as tip pointed out, people like to be asked and she didn't ask until it was waaaaay too late.
I'd like to point out that she would have lost anyway.

For all her gaffs, things didn't really go south for her until barry & friends started the healthcare follies.

It appears every loss is now never about barry but always about some error by the loser.

I have to agree. Her campaign got caught up in the Christmas follies, when they thought they could push healthcare through before New Year's. The back room deals were just too much. If she had come out against the deals, while still pushing for health care, might have been a different story. Of course, that wasn't her 'only problem.'

What campaign during the Christmas follies?

She took those two weeks off ...

In her world a neon sign visible on 93N into Boston was "campaigning."

Boy,the Liberals really are throwing this poor woman under the bus. I don't think i've ever seen a party throw one of their own under the bus this way. I actually feel bad for the woman. She ran a poor campaign but don't underestimate what a great campaign Scott Brown ran. He ran some of the best campaign ads i have ever seen. They really were pretty moving. All the Liberals could come up with was making fun of the guy's truck. So go ahead and throw Coakley under the bus but give Scott Brown the credit he deserves as well.

I see you're conveniently forgetting the earlier special election for NY congressional district 23. it happens on both sides. But to be honest, though I don't keep up with MA politics, I don't see how Coakley lost this unless overconfidence prevented her from understanding that she was a temporary and that she needed to be campaigning from the time she became the 'temporary senator'.

DITTO, to the DNC.

Coakley lost when Obama showed up and started making fun of Brown's truck. She was on thin ice anyway, but once Obama stepped onto the ice with his gigantic ego it was all over......
thin-ice-sign-300x243.jpg

Martha's a decent woman. She won her last election with 73% of the vote.

She was done before Obama showed up ... Brown pulled ahead sometime last week.

Obama certainly didn't help things, tho.

Coakley lost when Obama showed up and started making fun of Brown's truck. She was on thin ice anyway, but once Obama stepped onto the ice with his gigantic ego it was all over......

She was done before Obama showed up ... Brown pulled ahead sometime last week.

Obama certainly didn't help things, tho.

He didn't help. I think he actually hurt her. Dissing Brown's truck was not too smart.....

Truth is, Obama hasn't helped anyone he has campaigned for since elected. They all suffered humiliating defeats after he stumped for them.

I hope MARXIST and the Muslim PC Protector Obami Salami and his Inner Circle keep blaming Dubya and Croakely for Croaking.

I hope these Commie Ideologues will "stay the course".

Are you outa your fucking gourd ???

Your Martha was complicit in being in the pedophile's corner helping him to nearly escape TWO LIFE TERMS !!!!

gautama, I'm disappointed in you.

Ordinarily, you can be counted on for 500 word all caps filled rant after rant.

You were in the front running to be my new favorite nutter ... I'm hurt.

gautama, I'm disappointed in you.

Ordinarily, you can be counted on for 500 word all caps filled rant after rant.

You were in the front running to be my new favorite nutter ... I'm hurt.

Who has the current torch? :lol:

Are you outa your fucking gourd ???

Your Martha was complicit in being in the pedophile's corner helping him to nearly escape TWO LIFE TERMS !!!!

You are an extremist.

Forum List

Back