A Lesson for Liberals: Greece's problems is not tax evasion, but high tax rates

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Greece’s Problem Is High Tax Rates, not Tax Evasion - Big Government

Do liberals just not get human nature? They seem to think we should all view the government as God and want to give all our money to this false god of theirs.

Do they get that the higher you raise taxes, the more people are going to look for ways NOT to pay them?

If you don't believe that read "Do as I say not as I do, profiles in liberal hypocrisy."

It documents the herculean measures such people as Noam Chomsky, Michael Moore, and the late Ted Kennedy use to avoid paying the same taxes we pay.

People don't like keeping the money they earn. They don't think they owe it to the government.

The higher you raise taxes, the more people are going to find ways to avoid paying them.

That's why every time our government has CUT taxes, the revenues to the government explode. Because you lower taxes and people are as likely to hide their money.

It's common sense and human nature.

Maybe that's why liberals never understood it.

This is so comically retarded on its face...

...if, as an example, people with a high tax rate evade half their taxes, so you cut their tax rate in half and then, miraculously, they pay all their taxes,

where are you, revenue-wise?

...if, as an example, people with a high tax rate evade half their taxes, so you cut their tax rate in half and then, miraculously, they pay all their taxes,

What's comical is you make up an argument where none exists.

Show me where I said people will suddenly pay all of their taxes?

I didn't say that. But LESS tax evasion does happen with lower/fairer tax rates.

The higher you raise them the more people are going to avoid paying them.

AND THAT'S THE PART OF THE ARGUMENT, I notice, YOU AVOIDED ADDRESSING.

No surprise there!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, since Reagan cut taxes and balanced the budget, and GW Bush cut taxes and balanced the budget, and President Obama cut taxes and balanced the budget,

I guess all Greece has to do is cut taxes!!!

What's comical is you make up an argument where none exists.

Show me where I said people will suddenly pay all of their taxes?

I didn't say that. But LESS tax evasion does happen with lower/fairer tax rates.

The higher you raise them the more people are going to avoid paying them.

AND THAT'S THE PART OF THE ARGUMENT, I notice, YOU AVOIDED ADDRESSING.

No surprise there!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, if they don't suddenly pay all their taxes then my premise is even more true.

Greece's problem is a budget wildly out of balance. No country has ever balanced its budget by cutting taxes.

One has to wonder if posters who use the word 'liberal,' followed by some imaginary lesson and dire circumstance, are real people or some bot machine setup as a corporate tool to confuse and not clarify. Things are so simple for the simple, it used to be witches and devils now it is those bad libruls. LOL

'Why is Greece in trouble?'

"Decades of reckless spending have left Greece € 300 billion in debt. Tax evasion and weak spending controls left the country exposed to recession. Previous governments concealed the state of public finances, and the gap between government income and spending is equal to 14 per cent of the economy"

Why is Greece in more financial trouble than other European countries? - Times Online

Do liberals just not get human nature? They seem to think we should all view the government as God and want to give all our money to this false god of theirs.

Do they get that the higher you raise taxes, the more people are going to look for ways NOT to pay them?

If you don't believe that read "Do as I say not as I do, profiles in liberal hypocrisy."

It documents the herculean measures such people as Noam Chomsky, Michael Moore, and the late Ted Kennedy use to avoid paying the same taxes we pay.

People don't like keeping the money they earn. They don't think they owe it to the government.

The higher you raise taxes, the more people are going to find ways to avoid paying them.

That's why every time our government has CUT taxes, the revenues to the government explode. Because you lower taxes and people are as likely to hide their money.

So then...all Greece has to do is lower taxes and they'll be alright?

Is that what you're telling us?

So then...all Greece has to do is lower taxes and they'll be alright?

Is that what you're telling us?

No. They also have to do something else which to liberals is like a cross to a vampire.

They have to CUT SPENDING!

That's the other part of the equation that neither the US or Greece has practiced.

Politicians of both parties are more interested in paying constituents to vote for them, er I mean "take care of the poor" than they are doing what is necessary to reign in the deficit.

Yeah, since Reagan cut taxes and balanced the budget, and GW Bush cut taxes and balanced the budget, and President Obama cut taxes and balanced the budget,

I guess all Greece has to do is cut taxes!!!

It figures the other half of the equation would NEVER occur to you. You are a liberal. Of course it wouldn't.

Did it EVER occur to you the other half is to CUT SPENDING?????????

Why didn't it work for Reagan or Bush?

Because the Democrats that controlled Congress during Reagan's admin and the Republicans that controlled Congress during Bush's DID NOT CUT SPENDING!

If you are going to spend more than you take in, then DUH!!!!!!!!!!

And the answer is not raise taxes. Greece proves that.

Sure you can raise taxes, but if you don't CUT SPENDING, it won't make a dime's worth of difference.

Raising taxes to solve our problem is like having a hole in your boat and thinking getting a bigger bucket to bail water out will keep you afloat. Sooner or later you are going to sink unless you plug that hole and the hole in our ship is OUT OF CONTROL SPENDING.

What is comical is that you think unequal or unfair treatment of the high earners that you and other vilify, in a system with more twists and turns than Pike's Peak, is something bound to work.... even if you try and find new ways to sap from the earners, you will have people trying to find ways out of it

What it comes down to as stated SO many times is a simplified system with equal rate taxation... a straight line approach to taxation that leave little to no room for playing around...

Balanced budget amendment with the elimination of numerous unnecessary government programs and agencies would also be beneficial

Forum List

Back