A Large Reason -

Hi, billy. This is an interesting article, but what I noticed most is how it points out everything that divides us. There's an implication here that a conservative wont get a 'fair deal' from a liberal, and vise versa. Or that Christians can't get a fair shake from non-Christians. The plaintive complaint that law schools don't employ enough conservative or Christian teachers begs the question, why not? For a party that claims to pride itself on doing for itself instead of waiting for someone else to change events, this whine belies that thought. Why is there a dire void of conservative professors? Or is that even true outside anecdotal blurbs? I respect Rasmussen. This placing of facts in columns is what they do. But the concentration on our divisions only creates a distrust that hurts us as a nation.

Hi, billy. This is an interesting article, but what I noticed most is how it points out everything that divides us. There's an implication here that a conservative wont get a 'fair deal' from a liberal, and vise versa. Or that Christians can't get a fair shake from non-Christians. The plaintive complaint that law schools don't employ enough conservative or Christian teachers begs the question, why not? For a party that claims to pride itself on doing for itself instead of waiting for someone else to change events, this whine belies that thought. Why is there a dire void of conservative professors? Or is that even true outside anecdotal blurbs? I respect Rasmussen. This placing of facts in columns is what they do. But the concentration on our divisions only creates a distrust that hurts us as a nation.

We are in reality thoroughly divided, and Kumbaya sentiments will not remedy the situation. There are no fair deals short of constitutionally viable law enforced by the Executive Branch (which is currently intentionally not enforcing it) nor as applied by a legal profession whose members overwhelmingly find the Constitution an impediment to its political ventures.

There will be no consensus prior to one side or the other gaining ideological primacy. So long as the rapidly created numbers of uneducated American people and invading foreigners opt for bread and circuses versus the wisdom of the founding national agreement, there will be no change that will not further divide us, and exacerbate our societal demise.

We are in reality thoroughly divided, and Kumbaya sentiments will not remedy the situation. There are no fair deals short of constitutionally viable law enforced by the Executive Branch (which is currently intentionally not enforcing it) nor as applied by a legal profession whose members overwhelmingly find the Constitution an impediment to its political ventures.

There will be no consensus prior to one side or the other gaining ideological primacy. So long as the rapidly created numbers of uneducated American people and invading foreigners opt for bread and circuses versus the wisdom of the founding national agreement, there will be no change that will not further divide us, and exacerbate our societal demise.
....so long as that 'wisdom' of the founding national agreement fits YOUR version. And I don't believe there are no fair deals. Again though, that depends on a personal definition of 'fair' and to whom. Eminent domain is an example of 'fairness'..to whom? Slavery was 'fair' to certain landowners so long as they could hold on to the idea that some humans are the 'sub' kind, and the loss of that service was 'fair' to whom, and 'unfair' to whom. I have a lot more memories of 'the good old days' than you, billy, and I mourn the losses. But there's no going back to that innocence, those days of blindness toward the variance between our words and our deeds as a nation. And the greatest loss of all is the loss of community. We are broken into ineffective little pieces, and seem to think that is a good thing. No wonder a pissant little bunch of thugs has us checking under our beds. And no wonder that threat is a major campaign feature. We are being eaten up piece by piece, just like weather's references to the 30s over there.

....so long as that 'wisdom' of the founding national agreement fits YOUR version.

I use the Founders' version. Which do you use?

I have a lot more memories of 'the good old days' than you, billy

Who can say? It's not the years, but the mileage.

We are broken into ineffective little pieces, and seem to think that is a good thing.

Indeed. The Democrats have been very effective at breaking us into little categories.

How about we dissolve all "protected groups", which are unconstitutional anyway?

No wonder a pissant little bunch of thugs has us checking under our beds.

I don't spend time there myself, and the reason for the continued existence of pissants is that our current leadership class has in the main all the solidity of a rain-soaked biscuit.

....so long as that 'wisdom' of the founding national agreement fits YOUR version.

I use the Founders' version. Which do you use?

I have a lot more memories of 'the good old days' than you, billy

Who can say? It's not the years, but the mileage.

We are broken into ineffective little pieces, and seem to think that is a good thing.

Indeed. The Democrats have been very effective at breaking us into little categories.

How about we dissolve all "protected groups", which are unconstitutional anyway?

No wonder a pissant little bunch of thugs has us checking under our beds.

I don't spend time there myself, and the reason for the continued existence of pissants is that our current leadership class has in the main all the solidity of a rain-soaked biscuit.
(chortle)..None of the above!

Forum List

Back