A L E C - The American Legislative Exchange Council.

Got a Link to those words coming off my keyboard? I reiterate... transparency is better than corruption and secrecy.

ALEC is not the source of the corruption.

Ok, so it's merely the conduit. Does that mean we should just turn a blind eye to what's going on?

ALEC is not the problem the government is the problem. Worrying about ALEC when you have a that will simply replace it as soon as you fix whatever you think caused ALEC is stupid.

Ok, so it's merely the conduit. Does that mean we should just turn a blind eye to what's going on?

ALEC is not the problem the government is the problem. Worrying about ALEC when you have a that will simply replace it as soon as you fix whatever you think caused ALEC is stupid.

Well sure, I totally agree. Let's talk about that then. I just don't want to dismiss it on partisan grounds and give the corruption a pass.

Willow never has anything to say but sarcasm. Why even pay attention to anything Willow posts.
This past week I had a discussion with a brother-in-law about the election and the things that he said made me question if he really was informed. When I asked him where all of his information came from...his response.... I know .
He voted on one issue and one issue alone, according to him.
I brought up almost the same thing you posted about ALEC and his statement was Corporate personhood.
It was left at that with him and me.

:wtf:

Did you actually read what you wrote?!?

Shadow government? :eusa_hand: Pass!

No wonder the Republicans are slipping closer and closer towards irrelevance with every passing day.

I'll be glad when they're gone. For we now know that demoncraps are devoid of corruption and are pure at heart in all things in heaven and earth. Yep we knows it fo sho.

Sarcasm not withstanding Willow, you're wrong.

It's up to us, We, The People, to INSIST on transparency in the legislative process from all sides. The Democrats have proven that they are just as susceptible to graft and corruption as anyone, and ALICE needs to be watched and kept in the front row just like ALEC should have been all these years.

The base problem is not a Republican one, it's a willingness to sell legislation to the highest bidder, and a system that promotes that behavior.

Transparency for the Right...
Transparency for the Left...​
Transparency for all of Government.​

:lol: Thanks for sharing that thought :lol:. I just love tools.
You know, our Founding Fathers didn't have much respect for corporations. Corporations could only exist for 20-30 years. They could only sell one commodity. And the owners were personally liable for any wrong doings by the corporations.
But you worship them! :confused:

ALEC likes to identify with Jefferson, but it seems Jefferson didn't want to be identified with the likes of ALEC.
“I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country.” -Thomas Jefferson

You know, our Founding Fathers didn't have much respect for corporations. Corporations could only exist for 20-30 years. They could only sell one commodity. And the owners were personally liable for any wrong doings by the corporations.

I think you're missing QW's point. Which, in my view, is that you can't solve this problem by attacking corporations or organizations like ALEC. You have to go to the source. Corporations can't buy influence that's not offered for sale. Furthermore, legislators that are constrained by constitutionally limits on government have little to sell. Letting them claim broad powers to manipulate economic affairs was our initial mistake. As long as they have this power, people with the most to gain will seek their favor.

I think you're missing QW's point. Which, in my view, is that you can't solve this problem by attacking corporations or organizations like ALEC. You have to go to the source. Corporations can't buy influence that's not offered for sale. Furthermore, legislators that are constrained by constitutionally limits on government have little to sell. Letting them claim broad powers to manipulate economic affairs was our initial mistake. As long as they have this power, people with the most to gain will seek their favor.

In other words, Satan had nothing to do with Adam and Eve getting kicked out of the Garden of Eden? Satan was just a by-stander.

In other words, Satan had nothing to do with Adam and Eve getting kicked out of the Garden of Eden? Satan was just a by-stander.

No, I wouldn't say that at all. Not sure how you got that out of my post.

A fair and simple tax code, public budgets that are balanced by law, transparency in all things politics, and then, build an economy that your kids can drive to the stars.

It ain't rocket science, y'all... but education is the key that starts your starship.

Fly Monkeys, fly. :smoke:

Yes, let's go back to the guaranteed monopolies that existed in the day of the Founding Fathers.

The next time you throw up a strawman you might want to pick someone who is equally ignorant about history to try it on.

Yup, these bad boys were behind the Stand Your Ground legislation, the Voter ID laws and are fighting pollution laws like crazy among other issues.
ALEC is a Koch Brothers tool and it's up to no good. It's the far right's very own ACORN is a sense except much more powerful because of all the corporate money flowing into it. It certainly represents Plutocracy which threatens our Democratic process by drowning out the people's voices with Big Money..
Ford latest to walk away from ALEC

No wonder the Republicans are slipping closer and closer towards irrelevance with every passing day.

I'll be glad when they're gone. For we now know that demoncraps are devoid of corruption and are pure at heart in all things in heaven and earth. Yep we knows it fo sho.

It's up to us, We, The People, to INSIST on transparency in the legislative process from all sides. The Democrats have proven that they are just as susceptible to graft and corruption as anyone, and ALICE needs to be watched and kept in the front row just like ALEC should have been all these years.

The base problem is not a Republican one, it's a willingness to sell legislation to the highest bidder, and a system that promotes that behavior.

Transparency for the Left...

It's already been done, the unions, the leeches and the minorites have all spoken. so kiss the Republicans goodbye.
so you admit that there are no minorities in your party? Thanks WillowTree

Transparency for the Left...

It's already been done, the unions, the leeches and the minorites have all spoken. so kiss the Republicans goodbye.
so you admit that there are no minorities in your party? Thanks WillowTree
And I would like to see the Republicans admit in one of their town halls how much they hate unions. For example Kasich who's from Ohio. The unions pretty big there. Or Michigan. I want Michigan and Ohio, two swing states, to know how much the GOP hate Unions and all middle class workers.

Not just minorities. To the GOP we are all n(*#$rs.

Truth.

What corporation or individual would give a politician a million dollars if they could expect nothing in return? :dunno:

Strip from congress the power to customize the tax obligations of their friends and donors - Fair and simple tax codes.

Strip from congress the power to award contracts and take legislative action in secret - Transparency in ALL things politics.

Strip from congress the power to saddle the future with crushing debt as they line the pockets of their friends and donors in exchange for re-election - Public budgets that are balanced by law.

What corporation or individual would give a politician a million dollars if they could expect nothing in return? :dunno:

The stars await, Monkeys. The stars await.​

Forum List

Back