A Kosovo father recounts harrowing trip to retrieve sons from Syria

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
You have to feel sorry for these parents who are losing their children to ISIS.

BY JONATHAN S. LANDAY

McClatchy Washington BureauMay 6, 2015 Updated 4 hours ago

jOTI9.AuSt.91.jpeg

Faik Uksmajli repeatedly asked the Kosovo Police to prohibit his sons, daughter-in-law and grand children from leaving the country and traveling to Syria -- his eldest wanted to fight with ISIS. The police, however, failed to stop them. So he went after them himself. Uksmajli was unable to retrieve his sons, one of whom was killed and the other badly wounded in airstrikes in the northern Syrian city of Aleppo in August 2014. The family is from a small village called Naradinja. JONATHAN LANDAY — McClatchy

NARADINJA, KOSOVO — For months, Faik Uksmajli warned the Kosovo police that his elder son was determined to go to Syria to join the Islamic State. And for months, the police insisted that the country’s border posts were on alert, ready to stop him if he tried.

So when Uksmajli’s son Arbnor telephoned one day last July to say that he, his wife, two children and younger brother, Albert, were in Syria, Uksmajli took matters into his own hands. He went after them himself.

“I saw that no one would help me, and I decided to go to Syria,” he recalled recently, sitting on the back porch of his modest home in the farming village of Naradinja, in southern Kosovo. “I knew all the dangers and the risks. But the only thing I could think about at that moment was finding my sons.”

Uksmajli’s account – impossible to confirm – of the odyssey that took him into the murderous heart of the Islamic State’s “caliphate” is a chilling tale of official ineptitude, alleged collusion between police and Islamist recruiters, amateur detective work, luck, scrapes with death and a harrowing search that he ultimately was forced to abandon or lose his own life.

It’s also a story of a father’s love and determination to reunite a family sundered by the Islamic radicalism that’s been growing in Muslim-dominated Kosovo since the 1999 U.S.-led military intervention put Europe’s newest country on the road to independence from Serbia. As many as 300 men, some with wives and children, have left Kosovo to fight in the Middle East, most of them for the Islamic State, according to officials.

Continue reading at:

NARADINJA Kosovo A Kosovo father recounts harrowing trip to retrieve sons from Syria Syria McClatchy DC?

Our Government didn't give a crap about this 4 years ago.........and now you expect Americans' hearstrings to be tugged by this story in the hope of influencing our Gov't?
Do you and reality ever meet?

Our Government didn't give a crap about this 4 years ago.........and now you expect Americans' hearstrings to be tugged by this story in the hope of influencing our Gov't?

heartstrings should be tugged about all the people misled into fighting in the name of allah. Their behavior is corrupted. The leaders of these forces should be takfir. Many muslim authorities have spoken out against radicals like ISIS.
This something all government should face and deal with. This is not just on the US government.

heartstrings should be tugged about all the people misled into fighting in the name of allah. Their behavior is corrupted. The leaders of these forces should be takfir. Many muslim authorities have spoken out against radicals like ISIS.
This something all government should face and deal with. This is not just on the US government.

So, whom else is it on, besides? (honest question expecting an honest answer).

UK, france, germany, australia, canada, jordan, iraq, saudi, turkey and arab states are all involved in various ways. On the syrian side is russia, n korea, iran. Refugees have been scattered across many countries who are running out of funds to care for them. Agencies are also running out of funds and the ability to get relief to those most in need.

UK, france, germany, australia, canada, jordan, iraq, saudi, turkey and arab states are all involved in various ways. On the syrian side is russia, n korea, iran. Refugees have been scattered across many countries who are running out of funds to care for them. Agencies are also running out of funds and the ability to get relief to those most in need.

Yes.........you are spot on.....you also left out USA too... these drone shots of Aleppo were shown for the 1st time on American MSM yesterday........horrendous!! (most Americans are immune.....)......

The Petty One crawled over here like a cockroach, and he doesn't seem to want to go back into the woodwork. He wants to keep showing the viewers how petty he is. It appears he is still smarting from not getting a huge response to some post of his from 2011 that he wanted all of us to be aware of yesterday.. How pitiful. Keep it up, Petty One, so that everyone can get your number. Meanwhile, you are contributing nothing to this forum except your pettiness.

I am sure that a person with any compassion can feel for this father, the same way we would feel if we heard about someone's child in the past joining up with Jim Jones, Rev. Moon, or any of the other cults. Apparently the Petty One could care less.

It is truly a waste of time to read the Petty One's petty responses to my posts because I would only respond back "How petty can you be?" Therefore, I will not even bother reading his responses to me. Let him just continue to show everyone how petty he really is.

You have to feel sorry for these parents who are losing their children to ISIS.

BY JONATHAN S. LANDAY

McClatchy Washington BureauMay 6, 2015 Updated 4 hours ago

jOTI9.AuSt.91.jpeg

Faik Uksmajli repeatedly asked the Kosovo Police to prohibit his sons, daughter-in-law and grand children from leaving the country and traveling to Syria -- his eldest wanted to fight with ISIS. The police, however, failed to stop them. So he went after them himself. Uksmajli was unable to retrieve his sons, one of whom was killed and the other badly wounded in airstrikes in the northern Syrian city of Aleppo in August 2014. The family is from a small village called Naradinja. JONATHAN LANDAY — McClatchy

NARADINJA, KOSOVO — For months, Faik Uksmajli warned the Kosovo police that his elder son was determined to go to Syria to join the Islamic State. And for months, the police insisted that the country’s border posts were on alert, ready to stop him if he tried.

So when Uksmajli’s son Arbnor telephoned one day last July to say that he, his wife, two children and younger brother, Albert, were in Syria, Uksmajli took matters into his own hands. He went after them himself.

“I saw that no one would help me, and I decided to go to Syria,” he recalled recently, sitting on the back porch of his modest home in the farming village of Naradinja, in southern Kosovo. “I knew all the dangers and the risks. But the only thing I could think about at that moment was finding my sons.”

Uksmajli’s account – impossible to confirm – of the odyssey that took him into the murderous heart of the Islamic State’s “caliphate” is a chilling tale of official ineptitude, alleged collusion between police and Islamist recruiters, amateur detective work, luck, scrapes with death and a harrowing search that he ultimately was forced to abandon or lose his own life.

It’s also a story of a father’s love and determination to reunite a family sundered by the Islamic radicalism that’s been growing in Muslim-dominated Kosovo since the 1999 U.S.-led military intervention put Europe’s newest country on the road to independence from Serbia. As many as 300 men, some with wives and children, have left Kosovo to fight in the Middle East, most of them for the Islamic State, according to officials.

Continue reading at:

NARADINJA Kosovo A Kosovo father recounts harrowing trip to retrieve sons from Syria Syria McClatchy DC?
Oh dear!! ...... :cool:

Forum List

Back