A Kennedy Comeback?

This is a republic. The idea that we should have dynasties of legislators like the Daley's Kennedies and Bushes should be repulsive.

If he is good at the job, more power to him. If he thinks he deserves it because of who his grand dad was, he deserves a good electoral spanking

None of the Kennedys have ever acted like they deserve election. There is no family in America who has done more for people without a voice in Washington. The Kennedys have had personal problems like all families. But they are not for sale to the highest bidder.

True story...I once worked for a property management company in Aspen, Colorado. We were under strict orders not to rent properties to ANY of the Kennedys because they had a long history of trashing where they stayed and then not paying for the damages.

The problem with the Kennedy clan is that they feel "entitled" to special treatment. To say that the Kennedy's are like other families is laughable. They have "personal problems" because they think the rules don't apply to them. I was skiing on Aspen mountain the day that Michael Kennedy hit a tree and was killed. He and his friends were tossing a football around while going down one of the most crowded trails on the mountain...something totally irresponsible that put other's at risk of injury...something which would have gotten anyone else banned. But not a Kennedy...because the rules don't appy to them.

:rolleyes:

do you keep jack's picture on the wall next to the pope?

my nana did that.

Pope Paul II

poseur

john xxiii

Pope John XXIII: Preacher of Peace

With the council under way and with only a few months to live—he’d been diagnosed with terminal stomach cancer—John turned his attention to his great encyclical on peace. Pacem in Terris (“Peace on Earth”) was addressed not only to Catholics but to “all men and women of goodwill” and was heralded by many in and outside the Church as a landmark document.

The incidence of military conflict in the early 1960s and the continuing arms race between Russia and the United States brought fear to people the world over. Things came to a head in the fourth year of John’s papacy with the Cuban missile crisis in October 1962. American spy planes discovered that Russia had secretly begun installing Soviet missiles in Cuba, only minutes away from the United States. President John F. Kennedy made the discovery public and told Premier Nikita Khrushchev that the presence of Soviet missiles just off our coast was unacceptable and insisted they be removed.

When Khrushchev ignored his ultimatum, JFK set up a blockade around the island. Millions watched the final encounter on TV—the Russian ships approaching Cuba, the U.S. blockade standing firm and ready, and then the Russian ships slowly turning around and heading home.

Before this dramatic moment, however, much had gone on behind the scenes. On October 23, after the blockade had been imposed, JFK made one last attempt at dialogue. He contacted Norman Cousins, who then contacted the Vatican and was told that Pope John XXIII would be happy to help. The next day Pope John sent a message to the Soviet embassy in Rome to be transmitted to the Kremlin. In part it read, “I beg heads of state not to remain insensitive to the cry of humanity: peace, peace. Let them do all that is in their power to save peace; in this way they will avoid the horrors of a war, the appalling consequences of which no one could predict. Let them continue to negotiate….”

Pope John’s message appeared in Pravda, the official Communist newspaper, on October 26 under the headline, “We beg all rulers not to be deaf to the cry of humanity.” Khrushchev was given an out. By withdrawing he would be known as a man of peace.

Two days later on October 28, Khrushchev agreed to withdraw the missiles.

do you keep jack's picture on the wall next to the pope?

my nana did that.

Pope Paul II

poseur

john xxiii

Now that you mention it, Pope John XXIII and JFK makes more sense. Although I loved John Paul II.

If anyone should have placed John Paul II on his wall, it was Ronald Reagan. It should sit right next to a portrait of Lech Wałęsa along with candles.

John Paul II & Lech Wałęsa brought down the Soviet Union and Reagan got the credit

Doesn't really matter what the name is, though I'm sure it will help his election chances. If it wasn't a Kennedy it'd just be a different progressive.

The Kennedys are officially back into the family business.

Joseph Kennedy III, a scion of the famous political family, announced Thursday that will run for the Massachusetts House seat being vacated by Rep. Barney Frank (D).

“Congressman Frank has done so much for Massachusetts and America during his service in Congress and he leaves very big shoes to fill,” Kennedy said in his announcement video for the 4th district. “I believe this country was founded on a simple idea: that every person deserves to be treated fairly, by each other and by their government.”

He promises to fight for a “a fair job plan,” a better educational system, “a fair tax code” and “fair housing policy.”

The grandson of Robert F. Kennedy and son of former Rep. Joseph Kennedy II, the 31-year-old Kennedy was working as a prosecutor and before that as an assistant district attorney in Massachusetts. He also seerved as a Peace Corps volunteer. His twin brother Matt worked on the late Sen. Ted Kennedy’s last reelection campaign.

Should he win, he will be the only Kennedy in Congress — a decades-long line that was broken when Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.) died in 2009 and Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D-R.I.) retired in 2010.

Joe Kennedy III announces run for Barney Frank’s seat - The Washington Post

The Kennedys are officially back into the family business.

hes a dope dealer? :eusa_eh:

Pope Paul II

poseur

john xxiii

Now that you mention it, Pope John XXIII and JFK makes more sense. Although I loved John Paul II.

If anyone should have placed John Paul II on his wall, it was Ronald Reagan. It should sit right next to a portrait of Lech Wałęsa along with candles.

John Paul II & Lech Wałęsa brought down the Soviet Union and Reagan got the credit

:lol::lol:what a hatin' little biatch, and I mean that in a non offense 14 year old valley girl way...get over it man...:lol:

My parents were big Kennedy supporters ... not sure about my nana though. Back when she was alive, we didn't talk about politics. But she did teach me how to crochet.

JFK was more conservative than todays republicans.

Nice soundbite, too bad it is total bullshit.

And I remember in a thread you defending Teddie about the Chappaquiddick incident. So I really could care less what you think. :eusa_whistle:

This is a republic. The idea that we should have dynasties of legislators like the Daley's Kennedies and Bushes should be repulsive.

If he is good at the job, more power to him. If he thinks he deserves it because of who his grand dad was, he deserves a good electoral spanking

None of the Kennedys have ever acted like they deserve election. There is no family in America who has done more for people without a voice in Washington. The Kennedys have had personal problems like all families. But they are not for sale to the highest bidder.

stop!!!!!! put it down...

obama-kool-aid.jpg

I'll organize the intervention...just hold on man......

True story...I once worked for a property management company in Aspen, Colorado. We were under strict orders not to rent properties to ANY of the Kennedys because they had a long history of trashing where they stayed and then not paying for the damages.

The problem with the Kennedy clan is that they feel "entitled" to special treatment. To say that the Kennedy's are like other families is laughable. They have "personal problems" because they think the rules don't apply to them. I was skiing on Aspen mountain the day that Michael Kennedy hit a tree and was killed. He and his friends were tossing a football around while going down one of the most crowded trails on the mountain...something totally irresponsible that put other's at risk of injury...something which would have gotten anyone else banned. But not a Kennedy...because the rules don't appy to them.

michael kennedy was taken out by his babysitter's father

true

michael kennedy was taken out by his babysitter's father

true

:eek:shut your mouth!

Conservatives just HATE the Kennedy family. I have heard all the slander and accusations. But none it will ever change all the good they did in their public life.

The story goes old man Kennedy made his money bootlegging...blah, blah, blah.

FDR and Kennedy have MANY enemies on the right in this country. If there was any proof to those claims, Joe Sr would have never made it through 2 Congressional confirmation hearings.

Nice soundbite, too bad it is total bullshit.

And I remember in a thread you defending Teddie about the Chappaquiddick incident. So I really could care less what you think. :eusa_whistle:

I never defended him. That is a lie. It was tragic. All I have ever said is the truth...NONE of us were there.

That's not a lie, both Harry Dresden and I called you out on it.

Conservatives just HATE the Kennedy family. I have heard all the slander and accusations. But none it will ever change all the good they did in their public life.

The story goes old man Kennedy made his money bootlegging...blah, blah, blah.

FDR and Kennedy have MANY enemies on the right in this country. If there was any proof to those claims, Joe Sr would have never made it through 2 Congressional confirmation hearings.

please

I never defended him. That is a lie. It was tragic. All I have ever said is the truth...NONE of us were there.

That's not a lie, both Harry Dresden and I called you out on it.

Then go find it. I know how I feel about that incident. It hasn't changed.

So tell me Meister, what happened that night, because you were there and know the absolute truth.

Forum List

Back