A.I.P.A.C. Rules!

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
god save America!

Democrats change platform to add God, Jerusalem - Yahoo! News
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Embarrassed by Republicans, Democrats amended their convention platform Wednesday to add a mention of God and declare that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.

Many in the audience booed after the convention chairman, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, ruled that the amendments had been approved despite the fact that a large group of delegates had objected. He called for a vote three times before ruling.

The party reinstated language from the 2008 platform that said "we need a government that stands up for the hopes, values and interests of working people and gives everyone willing to work hard the chance to make the most of their God-given potential."

It also reinstated its 2008 language that Jerusalem "is and will remain the capital of Israel. The parties have agreed that Jerusalem is a matter for final status negotiations. It should remain an undivided city accessible to people of all faiths."

Democrats had approved a platform on Tuesday that made no mention of God or Jerusalem. Instead, it expressed "unshakable commitment to Israel's security."

Republicans pounced quickly on both omissions.

GOP officials argued that not taking a position on Jerusalem's status in the party platform showed the president was weak in his support of Israel.

god save America!

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Embarrassed by Republicans, Democrats amended their convention platform Wednesday to add a mention of God and declare that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.

Many in the audience booed after the convention chairman, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, ruled that the amendments had been approved despite the fact that a large group of delegates had objected. He called for a vote three times before ruling.

The party reinstated language from the 2008 platform that said "we need a government that stands up for the hopes, values and interests of working people and gives everyone willing to work hard the chance to make the most of their God-given potential."

It also reinstated its 2008 language that Jerusalem "is and will remain the capital of Israel. The parties have agreed that Jerusalem is a matter for final status negotiations. It should remain an undivided city accessible to people of all faiths."

Democrats had approved a platform on Tuesday that made no mention of God or Jerusalem. Instead, it expressed "unshakable commitment to Israel's security."

GOP officials argued that not taking a position on Jerusalem's status in the party platform showed the president was weak in his support of Israel.

It is good they did that, albeit for the wrong reason. I would have preferred them stay with their position and let the chips fall where they may.

god save America!

It's kinda ironic that you wrote "G-d save America" to caption the article. Should G-d save America from being more G-d conscience, thanks to AIPAC?

Thank God AIPAC rules. And as long as AIPAC rules there will NEVER be sharia law in the USA.

god save America!

It is good they did that, albeit for the wrong reason. I would have preferred them stay with their position and let the chips fall where they may.

If they hadn't been so eager to put this embarrassment to bed they would have called for a full roll. 2/3 my ass. Half the crowd was vehemently against the amendment and all delegates should have been forced to stand up and publicly own their resentment.

god save America!

It's kinda ironic that you wrote "G-d save America" to caption the article. Should G-d save America from being more G-d conscience, thanks to AIPAC?

Don't get your hopes up, I used small letters to denote what ever gods may be...if one exists beyond man's imagination.

I cannot understand how the issue of Jerusalem has any place in the internal politics of America, we are smack in the middle of a national crisis, and our political parties bicker over which one has more of a committment to Israel?

I cannot understand how the issue of Jerusalem has any place in the internal politics of America, we are smack in the middle of a national crisis, and our political parties bicker over which one has more of a committment to Israel?

It's really not hard to understand. Polls consistently show that Americans overwhelmingly support Israel over the Palestinian Arabs so Democratic politicians wouldn't want to create an issue that might alienate voters by omitting something that had long been part of their platforms. Additionally, Israeli politicians immediately picked up on this omission and some claimed it was evidence of Obama's anti Israeli bias, which could further erode Israeli confidence in Obama's determination to stop Iran's nuclear weapons program and make an Israeli strike during the election campaign more palatable to Israeli politicians and public.

It's really not hard to understand. Polls consistently show that Americans overwhelmingly support Israel over the Palestinian Arabs so Democratic politicians wouldn't want to create an issue that might alienate voters by omitting something that had long been part of their platforms. Additionally, Israeli politicians immediately picked up on this omission and some claimed it was evidence of Obama's anti Israeli bias, which could further erode Israeli confidence in Obama's determination to stop Iran's nuclear weapons program and make an Israeli strike during the election campaign more palatable to Israeli politicians and public.

You really think Israeli confidence in Obama could get much lower?

With respect to the Israeli - Palestinian Arab issue, no, but with respect to Iran, yes. All that is keeping Netanyahu from ordering a strike on Iran's nuclear weapons program is the confidence some Israeli politicians and some of the Israeli public still have that the US will not allow Iran to acquire nuclear weapons.

Jerusalem is holy to the Jews because Abraham attempted to sacrifice his son there, David made it his capital, and Solomon built the Temple there. It's holy to Christians because Jesus was killed and resurrected there.

With respect to the Israeli - Palestinian Arab issue, no, but with respect to Iran, yes. All that is keeping Netanyahu from ordering a strike on Iran's nuclear weapons program is the confidence some Israeli politicians and some of the Israeli public still have that the US will not allow Iran to acquire nuclear weapons.

In other words, BB's waiting for the US election to end so as to see where he and Israel stands.
I agree.

toomuchtime:

It's really not hard to understand. Polls consistently show that Americans overwhelmingly support Israel over the Palestinian Arabs so Democratic politicians wouldn't want to create an issue that might alienate voters by omitting something that had long been part of their platforms. Additionally, Israeli politicians immediately picked up on this omission and some claimed it was evidence of Obama's anti Israeli bias, which could further erode Israeli confidence in Obama's determination to stop Iran's nuclear weapons program and make an Israeli strike during the election campaign more palatable to Israeli politicians and public

I wonder if these polls correlate to the level of media misinformation about Israel? If the American public were updated on a regular basis with detailed and factual information about the ciminal nature of the Israel regime, and the amounts of U.S. taxdollars that are given to Israel, the artificial support figures would go into free-fall

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
toomuchtime:

It's really not hard to understand. Polls consistently show that Americans overwhelmingly support Israel over the Palestinian Arabs so Democratic politicians wouldn't want to create an issue that might alienate voters by omitting something that had long been part of their platforms. Additionally, Israeli politicians immediately picked up on this omission and some claimed it was evidence of Obama's anti Israeli bias, which could further erode Israeli confidence in Obama's determination to stop Iran's nuclear weapons program and make an Israeli strike during the election campaign more palatable to Israeli politicians and public

I wonder if these polls correlate to the level of media misinformation about Israel? If the American public were updated on a regular basis with detailed and factual information about the ciminal nature of the Israel regime, and the amounts of U.S. taxdollars that are given to Israel, the artificial support figures would go into free-fall

Islamo nazi literature has been promulgated in the USA --FREELY ----in fact----I started reading it 50 years ago and lots of the stuff I read was OLD by the time I got it. As to MONEY money was consistently the MAJOR ISSUE Back circa 1960 the literature included ELABORATE CALCULATIONS as to the issue of CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTION the concept being that American jews were funding orphanages and hospitals for crippled children in Israel and using those contributions as deductions on taxable income.
The CALCULATED LOSS IN TAXES SOMEHOW CAME OUT IN THE TRILLIONs All because every year my mom sent two dollars to the orphanage and hosptial for crippled children in Jerusalem Well.....I was a child-----I was impressed you guys are really IMAGINATIVE The islamo nazi literature I read was-----I assure you-----freely available ----I certainly did not seek it out or BUY it It is still out there-----wherever you see magazines such as SOLDIER OF FORTUNE (I really do not know if that thing still exists) with a picture of a male with a shaved head-----you will find OODLES of islamo nazi propaganda literature try places where they sell "hunting gear"

toomuchtime:

Islamo nazi literature has been promulgated in the USA --FREELY ----in fact----I started reading it 50 years ago and lots of the stuff I read was OLD by the time I got it. As to MONEY money was consistently the MAJOR ISSUE Back circa 1960 the literature included ELABORATE CALCULATIONS as to the issue of CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTION the concept being that American jews were funding orphanages and hospitals for crippled children in Israel and using those contributions as deductions on taxable income.
The CALCULATED LOSS IN TAXES SOMEHOW CAME OUT IN THE TRILLIONs All because every year my mom sent two dollars to the orphanage and hosptial for crippled children in Jerusalem Well.....I was a child-----I was impressed you guys are really IMAGINATIVE The islamo nazi literature I read was-----I assure you-----freely available ----I certainly did not seek it out or BUY it It is still out there-----wherever you see magazines such as SOLDIER OF FORTUNE (I really do not know if that thing still exists) with a picture of a male with a shaved head-----you will find OODLES of islamo nazi propaganda literature try places where they sell "hunting gear"

At the risk of offending you Madam, you do not appear to be either very bright or very educated...confronted with artificial polls created by aggressive misinformation, you bluntly switch the emphasis to 'IslamoNazi literature"...whatever in god's name this might be...I wonder if you understand the structural, political and ideological irreconcilability of Islam and Naziism...in point of fact the Nazis share considerably more commonalities with Zionism...

toomuchtime:

At the risk of offending you Madam, you do not appear to be either very bright or very educated...confronted with artificial polls created by aggressive misinformation, you bluntly switch the emphasis to 'IslamoNazi literature"...whatever in god's name this might be...I wonder if you understand the structural, political and ideological irreconcilability of Islam and Naziism...in point of fact the Nazis share considerably more commonalities with Zionism...
LOL she is entertaining isnt she? Rants like a drunk and as soon as she is crossed she uses language that would shock a bilge rat. So stand by to stand by.

I am very familiar with concepts in NAZISM and in ISLAM and would gladly discuss them with you zionism is completely unrelated to "NAZISM" Persons of your ilk resort to silliness to support such concepts like both nazis and jews have two ears each . For a real insight into islam and nazism and the developement thereof review the JUSTINIIAN CODE in reference to the position of NON CHRISTIANS in the HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE Then review the issues of DHIMMIA Then review the NUREMBURG LAWS

The way to know the ideology of a society is to know its LAWS ----its real actual laws and how they are adjudicated

Forum List

Back