A House Divided

I love how progressives love to blame republicans...

The 6 Most Childish Things Ever Done in Congress | Cracked.com

Democrats have been lunatics since day one....

I love how you like to blame democrats.

You mean there isn't anything fucked up about democrats going batshit crazy (numerous times) when anti-slavery and Civil Rights laws were being proposed?

Then democrats turn around and attempt to label republicans racists??

Take a look in the mirror you racist fascist fucks...

Documented history trumps your propaganda bullshit - not to mention the fact the strong majority of progressives don't know their history shows how fucking ignorant they really are...

Democrats have been oppressors and agitators since their conception...

Now I'm not saying the right is "right" but I am saying progressives are ignorant tools, and they're only tools because they're flawed, misguided or ignorant collectivists.

Your "documented history" falls before the southern strategy and the polar flip in ideology between the Dems pre-Nixon and the republicans of the same time.

That little bit of sea change is common fucking knowledge, so you're either lying your ass off to keep the woefully uninformed misinformed, or you're dumb as a stump.

Your choice.

Do you have a quote wherein President Obama called conservatives "the enemy" (in context, of course)?

What is "seriously stupid" is that the same as 'fucking' stupid? Does amplifying an ad hominem make it seriously awesome?

If you have not a quote as questioned above does that make you a serious liar, a serial liar or a fucking liar?

The president said: “If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re gonna punish our enemies, and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us’ — if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election — then I think it’s going to be harder. And that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2nd.”

Read more: John Boehner to hit President Obama on 'enemies' - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

Yes, but the Democrat Context filter totally nullifies whatever Obama said

Ha ha. "Context": The New White-Out.

I love how you like to blame democrats.

You mean there isn't anything fucked up about democrats going batshit crazy (numerous times) when anti-slavery and Civil Rights laws were being proposed?

Then democrats turn around and attempt to label republicans racists??

Take a look in the mirror you racist fascist fucks...

Documented history trumps your propaganda bullshit - not to mention the fact the strong majority of progressives don't know their history shows how fucking ignorant they really are...

Democrats have been oppressors and agitators since their conception...

Now I'm not saying the right is "right" but I am saying progressives are ignorant tools, and they're only tools because they're flawed, misguided or ignorant collectivists.

Your "documented history" falls before the southern strategy and the polar flip in ideology between the Dems pre-Nixon and the republicans of the same time.

That little bit of sea change is common fucking knowledge, so you're either lying your ass off to keep the woefully uninformed misinformed, or you're dumb as a stump.

Your choice.

Both, no doubt about it.

The president said: “If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re gonna punish our enemies, and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us’ — if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election — then I think it’s going to be harder. And that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2nd.”

Read more: John Boehner to hit President Obama on 'enemies' - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

I suggest you and frank go back and look at threads each of you have started. Only then cast stones. Of course frank's threads have the substance of a parrot, but still.

I suggest you and frank go back and look at threads each of you have started. Only then cast stones. Of course frank's threads have the substance of a parrot, but still.

No thinking person cares what you suggest, Wry.

Seriously, you are flatly nonobjective.

But your effort to deflect is a fail since it doesn't CHANGE the FACT that this President did refer to his political opponents as "enemies."

He tipped his hand. Inadvertently, the truth slipped by his teeth.

But your effort to deflect is a fail since it doesn't CHANGE the FACT that this President did refer to his political opponents as "enemies."

So you and the gaggle of GOP supporters say; obviously I have a different take on what he said and what he meant. I'm surprised - well, midly - that you would engage in such cavilling.

I care that thinking persons care about what I suggest and advocate, fortunately the set in which you are a member are short on thinking and long on spuriousness - so the opinions expressed impact me little, particularly when no effort is made by the majority of conservatives to offer a counterpoint.

"A house divided against itself cannot stand."

This seems to be the goal of the far right; a new nation conceived in hate and dedicated to bigotry and the selfish disregard for others.

This is not an effort to troll. It is a simple declaration of an ideology which is tearing our country apart.

It's not just the far-right. It seems to be the nature of our democracy these days. Very few of our leaders pursue consensus. Major changes to our country (e.g. ACA) shouldn't get pushed through on a simple partisan majority, yet this is the status quo for so-called 'leadership'.

This seems to be the goal of the far right; a new nation conceived in hate and dedicated to bigotry and the selfish disregard for others.

This is not an effort to troll. It is a simple declaration of an ideology which is tearing our country apart.

It's not just the far-right. It seems to be the nature of our democracy these days. Very few of our leaders pursue consensus. Major changes to our country (e.g. ACA) shouldn't get pushed through on a simple partisan majority, yet this is the status quo for so-called 'leadership'.

Ideally I agree. In practice, how does one achieve consensus when the leader of the opposition party asserts publicly by word and deed that his goal is to make Obama a one term president?

No one can offer with a straight face that Boehner, Cantor, McConnell and the Republican members of the House are seeking consensus.

Ideally I agree. In practice, how does one achieve consensus when the leader of the opposition party asserts publicly by word and deed that his goal is to make Obama a one term president?

You make them an offer they can't refuse. Pursue constrained, atomic policy changes that make sense, rather than omnibus crap. Promote and pitch sensible proposals to the people, who will ultimately force their reps to make the right call. Most importantly, give up the pandering to corporate lobbyists. This is the conceit and the downfall of both Dems and Repubs on the hill. Fuck them for that.

You make them an offer they can't refuse. Pursue constrained, atomic policy changes that make sense, rather than omnibus crap. Promote and pitch sensible proposals to the people, who will ultimately force their reps to make the right call. Most importantly, give up the pandering to corporate lobbyists. This is the conceit and the downfall of both Dems and Repubs on the hill. Fuck them for that.

The offer they can't refuse has already been made; it is in the form of quid pro quo.
Special interests get their way, the elected officials gets funding to allow them to continue their employment and the rest of us live with the consequences. Don't be dissuaded our government isn't run by the rich, even members of Congress whose actually salary is little more than my own are millionaires.

So you and the gaggle of GOP supporters say; obviously I have a different take on what he said and what he meant. I'm surprised - well, midly - that you would engage in such cavilling.

I care that thinking persons care about what I suggest and advocate, fortunately the set in which you are a member are short on thinking and long on spuriousness - so the opinions expressed impact me little, particularly when no effort is made by the majority of conservatives to offer a counterpoint.

<<Sniff>> Whew.

That smells funky. Your post was so funking rank, it almost triggers the gag reflex.

Literally read, what you posted almost comes across as a denial: "No, President Obama didn't say that!"

But of course, he did say it. Thus, even you can't be denying it.

So, instead, you are attempting (however in-artfully and disingenuously) to minimize it. The form your in-artful and disingenuous attempt to minimize what he said takes is to pretend that I am somehow QUIBBLING about what the fuckin' guy himself DID say.

I recognize your fail. You can't admit that The ONE had a slip of the tongue whereby he inadvertently (accidentally) permitted his real views to pass his lips.

But that is exactly what happened. Truth be told, you know it, too.

:thup:

The offer they can't refuse has already been made; it is in the form of quid pro quo.
Special interests get their way, the elected officials gets funding to allow them to continue their employment and the rest of us live with the consequences. Don't be dissuaded our government isn't run by the rich, even members of Congress whose actually salary is little more than my own are millionaires.

It was a very 'refusable' offer. As you point out, it was backroom deal among special interests and ambitious congress creeps. Not the kind of thing that inspires voters to demand their reps get on board. Quite the opposite actually. The Dems made it all-too-easy for Republicans to oppose it.

I suspect we won't last much longer as a country, as 50 states USA. The "American" Left clearly has its own ideas about the role of government in the lives of the people and they are totally at odds with the limits set forth in the Constitution. They want a government that tell you how much you should make, that runs on "Green Energy" where the rich are demonized. I think we're just far too dissimilar to continue on like this and it will end. I don't know when or how it will end, but it ends.

Are you seriously telling me you don't see the same level of partisanship coming out of the dems and the reps in the house and the senate over the last 10 years? If you honestly think that is true then it is evidence of just how far to the left of center you truly are.

Both sides do it and no side has a monopoly on being any worse than the other in this area.

Forum List

Back