a house divided against itself cannot stand

Itsmethatguy

May 20, 2009
Ah good ole Abe couldnt have said it better himself. "a house divided against itself cannot stand", and that is very true. How can we repair our country, and make it thrive if we are fighting amongst ourselves, proving who's political party is better. Isn't there more important things to worry about, like the recession, hunger, job loss, etc.?

I have a family that is half democrat, half republican, and I can't tell you the amount of fighting I hear about what side screwed what up. What do we gain out of this? Thats right, absolutely nothing. All that is happening between the ones who make the laws. We will never get anything done with that type of attitude.

Are we not all Americans, with basic morals, beliefs, and ideas? Why can't we stay rooted to those basics? Our fore-fathers didn't win our freedom as seperate groups, no they won cause they faught for a common goal. We will never get anything accomplished if we dont stop fighting over the stupid stuff, and start banding together. We should save America first, then worry about which political party is right.

Thats my opinion anyway.

Apparently, old Abe never heard of a duplex.

Insofar as the OP is concerned, the more those bastards fight over picayune crap, the less time they have to pass more of their authoritarian bullshit.

I'll take a "do-nothing" congress any day of the week.

Last edited:
You ask common sense questions Itsmethatguy. I have your answer. The leaders in D.C. are human, thus they only care about money, sex and power -- one, or a combination of the three. It's been that way since Adam and Eve ate the fruit and Cain slew Abel.

Eve was deceived by Satan who was speaking through a serpent and thus she ate the fruit. Eve then took the fruit to Adam and he ate it. They did wrong.

Cain and Abel were the first and second sons of Adam and Eve. Cain, a farmer, commited the first murder by killing his brother Abel, a shepherd, after God rejected Cain's sacrifice but accepted Abel's.

It ain't going to change.

I don't know, but that is a BIBLICAL reference, not Abe's original material.
Idiots.

Are we not all Americans, with basic morals, beliefs, and ideas?

There are NO Leftist Americans... PERIOD.

They have no morals, their beliefs are founded in lies and myth and their ideas are ALL base; sustained in nothing but empty platitudes and tired, long discredited cliches.

The problem is no one agrees on how to fix this and the Reps and Dems each have their own ideas how best to fix this and that is what they are fighting over.

The problem is no one agrees on how to fix this and the Reps and Dems each have their own ideas how best to fix this and that is what they are fighting over.

What they disguise as their "fix" is actually a way for them to gain more power and stay in office. Thus they disagree because they can't both be in power.

So pretty much the sum of the responses show we as a nation is screwed. great, well now its time to finish digging my bunker.

If we didn't fight among ourselves, what would the political parties do?

Then they'd have to actually work for the people of the USA instead of their masters.

Forum List

Back