A hometown example of the necessity of gun rights

A 12 year old boy or a girl for that matter can pull a trigger just as easily as you or I and would not really fathom the consequences.

Thanks, but in my example the kid was unarmed. I’m just trying to impress on each side that it is a judgment call (a gray area). Ultimately, the courts will decide each case based on the facts and determine if the homeowner used undue force. Consider the aftermath of the Goetz incident:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernhard_Hugo_Goetz#Legacy

The New York State legal standard for the self defense justification use of deadly force shifted after rulings in the case. New York jurors are now told to consider a defendant's background and to consider whether a reasonable person would feel imperiled if that reasonable person was the defendant.

If somone shoots you can't break their arm. If someone shoots you, you won't be breaking their back. If someone shoots you, you won't be breaking any kneecaps. Sorry, your lightning fast reflexes aren't fast enough to do any of those things before a bullet hits you square in the chest. Get the picture yet?

he isn't smart enough he is going through life with blinders on

Hey Warterrescuedude, welcome to this thread. Wish you would have been here earlier. I think we are prettymuch leaving Taomon alone after he got NUKED yesterday. Check pages 13-15. give him some time to lick his wounds. from post 191 on

This clown has no common sense and has his head up his ass

Thanks, but in my example the kid was unarmed. I’m just trying to impress on each side that it is a judgment call (a gray area). Ultimately, the courts will decide each case based on the facts and determine if the homeowner used undue force. Consider the aftermath of the Goetz incident:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernhard_Hugo_Goetz#Legacy

The New York State legal standard for the self defense justification use of deadly force shifted after rulings in the case. New York jurors are now told to consider a defendant's background and to consider whether a reasonable person would feel imperiled if that reasonable person was the defendant.

But I am just pointing out that a 12 year old boy or a girl can just as easily pull the trigger.

New Topics

Forum List

Back