A Hip-Hop Album for Non-Hip-Hop Fans

The ClayTaurus

Sep 19, 2005
I just got this cd in the mail: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002VYQ4I/002-6717068-2672059?v=glance]K-Os - Joyful Rebellion[/ame]
B0002VYQ4I.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

If you're looking to listen to some rap/hip-hop that isn't all about bitches and hoes and diamonds and guns, check this out. He's from Canada and half of his songs are about his hatred of the current hip-hop culture, about how it's not true to the roots of hip-hop.

He raps and sings, and I don't even think there is any cursing on the album (although I may be wrong)

He had an album out previous to this one, however Joyful Rebellion is definitely his best work so far.

Just thought some of you would appreciate a hip-hop recommendation that was relatively clean and not what you typically hear on the radio or see on TV these days.

Hagbard Celine said:
Thanks, but I've already heard Will Smith's album. :rotflmao:

Don't even get me started on Will Smith. To compare these two is a crime. I'm coming for your thumbs.

The one will smith song that made me laugh was when he was responding to all the rappers that were making fun of him because he doesn't curse.

He was basically like ummm, too bad I have more money than you, and my wife is hot, k thnx.

Old school Fresh Prince is okay in my books, I actually own his greatest hits. "Summertime" is one of the only songs that actually feels like summer. "Boom, Shake the Room" has some silly words, but the music is pretty cool. Same with "Parents Just Don't Understand".

The funny thing is, everyone thinks he's really lightweight, but back in the day he was touring with Public Enemy and NWA.

Dan said:
Old school Fresh Prince is okay in my books, I actually own his greatest hits. "Summertime" is one of the only songs that actually feels like summer. "Boom, Shake the Room" has some silly words, but the music is pretty cool. Same with "Parents Just Don't Understand".

The funny thing is, everyone thinks he's really lightweight, but back in the day he was touring with Public Enemy and NWA.

Don't you remember "You Saw My Blinker, Bitch"?

Forum List

Back