A Heads-Up For the Holiday Movie Season

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Things We've Learned from the Movie Industry

-Large, loft-style apartments in New York City are well within the price range of most people - whether they are employed or not.

-Most laptop computers are powerful enough to override the communications system of any invading alien society.

-It does not matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a fight involving martial arts — your enemies will wait patiently to attack you one by one by dancing around in a threatening manner until you have knocked out them out one at a time.

-When you turn out the light to go to bed, everything in your bedroom will still be clearly visible, just slightly bluish.

-Radiation causes interesting mutations — not to your future children, but to you, right then and there.

-If you are blonde and pretty, it is possible to become a world expert on nuclear fission at the age of 22.

-Honest and hard working policemen are traditionally gunned down three days before their retirement.

-Rather than wasting bullets, megalomaniacs prefer to kill their archenemies using complicated machinery involving fuses, pulley systems, deadly gasses, lasers, and man-eating sharks, which will allow their captives at least 20 minutes to escape.

-During all police investigations, it will be necessary to visit a strip club at least once.

-All beds have special L-shaped cover sheets that reach up to the armpit level on a woman but only to waist level on the man lying beside her.

-All grocery shopping bags contain at least one loaf of French bread.

-It's easy for anyone to land a plane providing there is someone in the control tower to talk you down.

-Once applied, lipstick will never rub off — even while scuba diving.

-The ventilation system of any building is the perfect hiding place. No one will ever think of looking for you in there and you can travel to any other part of the building you want without difficulty.

-You're very likely to survive any battle in any war unless you make the mistake of showing someone a picture of your sweetheart back home.

-Should you wish to pass yourself off as a German officer, it will not be necessary to speak the language. A German accent will do.

-The Eiffel Tower can be seen from any window in Paris.

-If a large pane of glass is visible, someone will be thrown through it before long.

-If staying in a haunted house, women should investigate any strange noises in their most revealing underwear.

-Word processors never display a cursor on screen but will always say: Enter Password Now.

-Even when driving down a perfectly straight road, it is necessary to turn the steering wheel vigorously from left to right every few moments.

-A detective can only solve a case once he has been suspended from duty.

-Police departments give their officers personality tests to make sure they are deliberately assigned a partner who is their total opposite.

-When they are alone, all foreigners prefer to speak English to each other.

-An electric fence, powerful enough to kill a dinosaur will cause no lasting damage to an eight-year-old child.

-All bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices with large red readouts so you know exactly when they're going to go off.

That was a great list. But here is one they forgot:

Any car wreck that would be just a fender bender in real life.

In the movies will explode like it just ran over an IED and was carrying 500 gallons of gasoline in the trunk.

Resulting in a giant fireball that can be seen for miles. :eek:

That was a great list. But here is one they forgot:

Any car wreck that would be just a fender bender in real life.

In the movies will explode like it just ran over an IED and was carrying 500 gallons of gasoline in the trunk.

Resulting in a giant fireball that can be seen for miles. :eek:

A freak accident is when 2 freaks in a sedan crash into 6 freaks in a van.

You're not supposed to learn from the movie industry. It's a movie, it's fantasy world, it's not a Documentary..................it's mockumentary.

Anytime the phone rings in the middle of the night while you are sleeping, you must turn on the light to answer it. Always, without fail. The phone cannot be answered otherwise.

Bad guys wearing masks and carrying chain-saws or pointy knives only show up when the lights go out and the lights always go out.

Here's another you forgot. Any time a crazed serial killer is stalking and killing people, the woman in the group with the biggest breasts should immediately get in the shower and start lathering up.

In New York if someone smiles at you they're ether crazy or want to kill you.

In New Jersey you have to ether learn how to fight, run like a Deer, or be real funny.

In some places everybody is beautiful except for those who provide comic relief. Ergo, ugly (or just not drop dead gorgeous people) are funny.

When a person has to go on the run from the law or the bad guy, all laws regarding personal economics are suspended.

So...if you are on the run from the mob or the cops, even people who previously couldn't afford to live in anything but a slum can get on planes, travel around the world, stay at hotels and so forth.

NOBODY ever has to go to the bathroom.

Last evening I learned that Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson, too, were both a mixture of James Bond and some character from Dick Tracy who nearly always mumble their lines.

Oh yeah! I also learned that Sherlock Holmes had the fashion sense of a gay fashion designer who must have loved the "Little Tramp" look, too

Anytime the phone rings in the middle of the night while you are sleeping, you must turn on the light to answer it. Always, without fail. The phone cannot be answered otherwise.

Bad guys wearing masks and carrying chain-saws or pointy knives only show up when the lights go out and the lights always go out.

And, when receiving a mysterious phone call, one must stare at the phone mouthpiece before hanging up!

Here's another you forgot. Any time a crazed serial killer is stalking and killing people, the woman in the group with the biggest breasts should immediately get in the shower and start lathering up.

I think that that is why this type of flic is called "3 B's": blood, beasts and breasts.

You're not supposed to learn from the movie industry. It's a movie, it's fantasy world, it's not a Documentary..................it's mockumentary.

I've heard that folks without a sense of humor have no sense at all...

What do ya' think?

In some places everybody is beautiful except for those who provide comic relief. Ergo, ugly (or just not drop dead gorgeous people) are funny.

When a person has to go on the run from the law or the bad guy, all laws regarding personal economics are suspended.

So...if you are on the run from the mob or the cops, even people who previously couldn't afford to live in anything but a slum can get on planes, travel around the world, stay at hotels and so forth.

NOBODY ever has to go to the bathroom.

Last evening I learned that Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson, too, were both a mixture of James Bond and some character from Dick Tracy who nearly always mumble their lines.

Oh yeah! I also learned that Sherlock Holmes had the fashion sense of a gay fashion designer who must have loved the "Little Tramp" look, too

You're paying entirely too much attention!

All women go to sleep with full makeup on,and a bra under their expensive lingerie.

All women go to sleep with full makeup on,and a bra under their expensive lingerie.

AND they wake up without a single smear in said makeup, and with their hair either perfect, or fetchingly rumpled, instead of looking like they have an angry cat glued to their heads.

I watched mythbusters the other day and they were proved unless you are jumping into a dumpster at a foam or mattress factory, you are probably going to die or be seriously injured when jumpiing into a dumpster off of a building. :D

Don't know if anyone said this one or not ...but I always notice that if there is a car chase....there will always be a fruit stand/cart on the side of the road that will eventually get demolished.

I don't think I have ever seen a fruit stand on the side of the road IRL.

I just thought of another one...

I notice this on most CSI /Cop type shows. All the crime scene investigators that are women are totally beautiful,fashion forward and come to work in their best white linen shirt,dress pants and high heel shoes. Even if hiking through brush and dirt in the middle of nowhere to investigate a murder scene.

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone said this one or not ...but I always notice that if there is a car chase....there will always be a fruit stand/cart on the side of the road that will eventually get demolished.

I don't think I have ever seen a fruit stand on the side of the road IRL.

I just thought of another one...

I notice this on most CSI /Cop type shows. All the crime scene investigators that are women are totally beautiful,fashion forward and come to work in their best white linen shirt,dress pants and high heel shoes. Even if hiking through brush and dirt in the middle of nowhere to investigate a murder scene.

how often do you see homely people on these shows?....
also...when someones at the door,why does the guy who gets out of bed in FULL PAJAMA MODE have to put a robe on to answer the door?.....

Here's another one you forgot to mention. In all cowboy westerns, when a person gets shot there is no great loss of blood and everyone dies a peaceful, relaxed kind of death.

Forum List

Back