A Happy WTF

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
I have no idea why people buy options but I am thankful for those who do. Yesterday was the first time in more than a I decade I had an option exercised against me prior to X-div. I still made a profit but smaller than usual but still a profit. So, Tuesday when the money is officially "delivered" to my account I will buy the underlying and I will make an additional 23% return on the repurchase of the underlying and issuance of a new call. Other than Cellblock2429 I don't know anyone else who follows a similar strategy, which is good for me and him but I am cool with that.

I have no idea why people buy options but I am thankful for those who do. Yesterday was the first time in more than a I decade I had an option exercised against me prior to X-div. I still made a profit but smaller than usual but still a profit. So, Tuesday when the money is officially "delivered" to my account I will buy the underlying and I will make an additional 23% return on the repurchase of the underlying and issuance of a new call. Other than Cellblock2429 I don't know anyone else who follows a similar strategy, which is good for me and him but I am cool with that.
/----/ If you don't understand a strategy - then don't do it. It's real money you're dealing with. I buy a call if I think the underlying stock is going to appreciate over the course of time and I 'll sell a corresponding Put to offset the cost. In some cases, my cost is zero and anything I make on the calls 100% profit. I don't do it often. I mostly sell covered calls to generate income and sell puts for the same reason. If my strategy works then I'm not assigned.

In your case, once you are assigned the stock and you don't want to hold it, sell a covered call at the money for the next expiration date. You'll make even more $$$

I think behavioral finance has this one nailed. Bragging rights matter more than returns to most of those putting money at risk

So, Tuesday when the money is officially "delivered" to my account I will buy the underlying and I will make an additional 23% return on the repurchase of the underlying and issuance of a new call.

Liar.

So, Tuesday when the money is officially "delivered" to my account I will buy the underlying and I will make an additional 23% return on the repurchase of the underlying and issuance of a new call.

Liar.
/—-/ Actually that’s how it works.

Liar.
/—-/ Actually that’s how it works.

He's lying.

Forum List

Back