A happy, healthy and prosperous new year to our Jewish members

Sweet_Caroline

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2013
I would like to wish all the Jewish members of USMB

a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

Shana tova umetukah

jewish-new-year.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awATvJ9LK9o]STREET SHOFAR ISRAEL - YouTube[/ame]

Rosh HaShana is a time when we look at ourselves, on what we have, and feel happy with it, think deeply about our role in life, take joy on the little things we have instead of what we're missing...

A father of a very healthy family had a wise but a bit closed-up child, and in order to not get his son overspoiled, he wished to teach him about modesty and poverty.

He took his son to a far cabin in the forest. The family living in the cabin had no wealth, or money, or position. He told his son that they will stay the night, wishing his son learns about how people with no wealth, live.

On their return from the cabin, the father asked, "So, son, how was the trip, did you learn anything new?"

"The trip was wonderful, dad, and I did," answered the son, "I took some things to mind, as well".

"Yes?" Asked the father, "such as"?

"Such as," said the son, "That we have one dog, but they have four. We have a pool that reaches the middle of the garden, but they have the river. We have a patio, while they have the horizon, we have an open roof, and they have the open sky. We have lanters in the garden at night, but they have the stars. We buy our food, but they raise theirs. We have lots of cash, and they have lots of friends..."

The father stared at his son, shocked.

"Thank you, dad!" said the son, "For showing my how poor we really are!"

Shana Tova!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back