A Gun Lovers Case For Gun Control

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Good to know that there are a few responsible gun owners out there.....

I love my guns, and I’m no hypocrite. But I love my son more. I love taking him to school, a movie, or simply around the block without fearing for his life. It is dangerous and short sighted to require so little of our fellow gun owners, because—as 11 year-old Hunter’s case tragically shows—they hold the very lives of those around them in their hands.

Requiring licenses and negligent discharge insurance would be part of common sense reform. Much like vehicles—which are also key pieces of personal property that can take lives when they are operated irresponsibly, firearms should require a license to own and operate. A tiered licensing system could apply to different types of weapons. Insurance could cover any damages caused by negligent discharge, and skyrocketing rates might prove discouraging for repeat offenders.

Prudent limits need to be imposed. We should consider putting a cap on the number of firearms purchased for personal use. Allowances could be made for licensed gun dealers but home protection and hunting require don’t require individuals to keep an arsenal. At the very least, misdemeanors such as DUIs, drug charges, and white collar crimes should be added to the list of crimes that preclude offenders from owning firearms.

Now of course what will happen is that gun nuts will be running around like Chicken Little frothing at the mouth and screaming "BIG GUBMINT WILL BE COMING FOR OUR GUNS!!!!"

A Gun Owner?s Case for Gun Control

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Anyone who says "I am a gun person but my guns aren't the problem. That other guy's guns are the problem" is an asshole and an anti-gunner.

Anyone stupid enough to choose their children, spouse, family or friends over their firearms is someone whose opinion on ANY topic is totally irrelevant to me.

I love my guns, and I’m no hypocrite. But I love my son more. I love taking him to school, a movie, or simply around the block without fearing for his life. It is dangerous and short sighted to require so little of our fellow gun owners, because—as 11 year-old Hunter’s case tragically shows—they hold the very lives of those around them in their hands.

Requiring licenses and negligent discharge insurance would be part of common sense reform. Much like vehicles—which are also key pieces of personal property that can take lives when they are operated irresponsibly, firearms should require a license to own and operate. A tiered licensing system could apply to different types of weapons. Insurance could cover any damages caused by negligent discharge, and skyrocketing rates might prove discouraging for repeat offenders.

Prudent limits need to be imposed. We should consider putting a cap on the number of firearms purchased for personal use. Allowances could be made for licensed gun dealers but home protection and hunting require don’t require individuals to keep an arsenal. At the very least, misdemeanors such as DUIs, drug charges, and white collar crimes should be added to the list of crimes that preclude offenders from owning firearms.

Now of course what will happen is that gun nuts will be running around like Chicken Little frothing at the mouth and screaming "BIG GUBMINT WILL BE COMING FOR OUR GUNS!!!!"

A Gun Owner?s Case for Gun Control

All of these things restrict the right to arms and do nothing to keep guns away from the criminals.
Thus: Fail.

Every gun owner I know is responsible, dipshit. Just because we don't share you totalitarian tendencies to impede others' civil rights doesn't make us any less so.

The author's suggestions are naive, would be completely useless in combating gun violence, and are grossly unconstitutional, so there is no further point to even discussing it. Now go back to your play pen with the other babies and suck your thumb.

Because we're all smart enough to know that's exactly what your end goal is, you lying ****. Almost every day some bed wetting leftist douche bag like yourself is coming up with some idea either in Congress or some state legislature to restrict more people's Second Amendment rights and there are plenty of gun control advocates out there who have no qualm whatsoever in admitting that they'd prefer nobody have them at all except the government. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where all of these proposals are eventually leading.

Forum List

Back