A Gun Is Not An Argument

It is according to this hero of several Obama apointees.

mao01.jpg

I wonder if the population had a gun how far would he have gotten. He probably would have only killed a few hundred thousand instead of millions.

From Ayn Rand’s “Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal,” a refreshing argument for laissez-faire, rooted in morality and not GOP talking points.

“Since men are neither omniscient nor infallible, they must be free to agree or disagree, to cooperate or pursue their own independent course, each according to his own rational judgment. Freedom is the fundamental requirement of man’s mind..."

My gun's a HELL of an argument dipweed. It's all fun n games until the barrel's resting against your forehead.

Can you say "You'd shit your pants"?

Why do we have to justify the use of any of our freedoms by saying it is moral? Who made others the morality police who can kill our freedom when they deem the use of that freedom as immoral?

In my opinion, the law should only act to protect life and property of any individual. This way it provides the security we as human being need without endangering any of our freedoms.

What if copororate and private individials are at odds on an issue?

Is corporation trying to steal or kill? Then the law can stop them. Is a nasty marxist liberal trying to burn down the corporate headquarters? Then the law can stop them.

Eminent domain for private business purposes?

Au contrare my dear. You are incorrect.

Guns are how the ones in power in Afganistan maintained power.
Muja something or other.

It's tribal warfare. There is no cohesive society in Afghanistan.

did you say it had to be a cohesive society?
They are an armed society as your statement specified.

Was our wild west polite?

You can argue semantics as much as you wish.

Barbarism is not the same as a society, which afaic, is defined by enough values and common interests to hold it together. There is something in common so that the individuals feel they are the same side.

That is clearly not the case in Afghanistan, which has been rife with ethnic conflict for centuries. The Wild West was pre-society - people were carving their lives out of the wilderness in areas that were not even states and lacked the civil structures.

As an aside, it's also clear you are not a Heinlein fan, or you would have recognized the statement and the context.

Last edited:
With the amount of guns and ammunition being bought by the right wingnuts, they must have a lot of arguing to do.

Of course, that is the only way they have to express themselves......Nasty Healthcare for unisured Americans and all

How about nasty requierments for my life and health regulations like a 10% tax on tanning booths which means that I can only afford to go to on 10% less since the cost was increased.

Worth shooting over???

Maybe if you are John Boehner

Barbarism is not the same as a society, which afaic, is defined by enough values and common interests to hold it together. There is something in common so that the individuals feel they are the same side.

That is clearly not the case in Afghanistan, which has been rife with ethnic conflict for centuries. The Wild West was pre-society - people were carving their lives out of the wilderness in areas that were not even states and lacked the civil structures.

As an aside, it's also clear you are not a Heinlein fan, or you would have recognized the statement and the context.

I have no idea what you said there, but it sounds really cool!

Cave men had societies I expect. Societies do not have to meet your definition of civility to exist.

I think I have read every book Heinlein published.
A fan no, but I enjoyed his work.
Fan is just a shortened version of fanatic.
I am fanatical about nothing.

Last edited:
A group of people with comon goals.

the Nazi were a society.

so were the KKK

You aren't much of a thinker are you?

The violence of the Nazi's was aimed at people they deemed "outside" of their society - the unwanted. They didn't have concentration camps filled with Nazi captives.

Same thing with the KKK. They didn't go around hanging other KKK members.

A group of people with comon goals.

the Nazi were a society.

so were the KKK

You aren't much of a thinker are you?

The violence of the Nazi's was aimed at people they deemed "outside" of their society - the unwanted. They didn't have concentration camps filled with Nazi captives.

Same thing with the KKK. They didn't go around hanging other KKK members.

The Nazi and KKK would be ruthless to any in their society who dissented.
But then I suppose they weould immediately become ex nazi or KKK?

Carrying a gun gdeos not make a person nice or polite.
Many in the wild west who carried guns were not polite people now were they?

From Ayn Rand’s “Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal,” a refreshing argument for laissez-faire, rooted in morality and not GOP talking points.

“Since men are neither omniscient nor infallible, they must be free to agree or disagree, to cooperate or pursue their own independent course, each according to his own rational judgment. Freedom is the fundamental requirement of man’s mind..."

My gun's a HELL of an argument dipweed. It's all fun n games until the barrel's resting against your forehead.

No, your gun is a tool to make people obedient, it is not something that changes peoples innermost convictions or beliefs. That is why ideas live beyond men.

A Gun Is Not An Argument

But it can end one quickly.
"Violence, naked force, has resolved more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsSf44xBwkI]YouTube - VELVET ACID CHRIST - Decypher (Video Clip)[/ame]

They had plenty of weapons available to them.

They had laptops, pens, shoelaces, someone probably had a mirror or a cd...

Giving them and the terrorists both more weapons is more likely to result in fatal decompression than anything else.

So The Muslims in the ME are a polite society?

The use of guns in the ME is not within a society - it is to wage war on other cultures.

That is not a proper comparison.

Au contrare my dear. You are incorrect.

Guns are how the ones in power in Afganistan maintained power.
Muja something or other.

I wonder where they got those guns... and those missiles they kept shooting shit down with...

If someone's got the barrel to your head, several things have gone horribly wrong with the discussion...

Cave men had societies I expect. Societies do nto have to meet your definition of civility to exist.

Define society.
I'd like to refer you, at this time, to the second quote of my current signature:

"To call the population of strangers in the midst of which we live "society" is such a usurpation that even the sociologists wonder if they should abandon a concept that was, for a century, their bread and butter. Now they prefer the metaphor of a network to describe the connection of cybernetic solitudes, the intermeshing of weak interactions under names like "colleague," "contact," "buddy," acquaintance," or "date." Such networks sometimes condense into a milieu, where nothing is shared but codes, and where nothing is played out except the incessant recomposition of identity."

Forum List

Back