A Guide to the White Nationalist Movement Now Leading Conservative Media

You mean Hillary Clinton, whose mentor is Robert Byrd?
Sure. Just like Strom Thurmond is still pretty influential in today's GOP.

I'll give a pass to folks for the past as long as it's in the past. I'm old enough that I've had quite a few teachers, ministers, and mentors that today would borderline qualify as racists or misogynists. Hell, Lincoln said some stuff that would probably qualify as racist. Times change, so do people.

The question is what do you do now, and who do you associate with now. Robert Ayers was justifiably a problem for Obama when he ran as the association was fairly recent, as was Wright. Bannon is a problem for Trump now, as is Manafort. He'd vetted these guys, knew who they were, and brought them on board. That calls into judgement who he'd use to fill positions in his administration and who he turns to for advice.

he was painting everyone to the right of the political spectrum as "alt-right racist hurr durr" in all of his other spam posts on the topic. His intent is clear.

You obviously approve of his ham handed methods.

Once AGAIN as already noted --- that broad brush is an assumption you made. It's not there in the post

You want to know who "alt right" refers to --- go look at who clicked "funny on my last post", and then look up what his name means. Go look up Steve McRacist's avatar. Go look up Odium and the various Hitlerists that have been oozing into this site.

That's who they are. If you choose to see them as "we", well that's on you.

Again, supporting their right to expression is not approval or acceptance of their position. It is TOLERATING their position, i.e. not trying to suppress it.
They undoubtedly have a right to their opinion under Free Speech protections. They aren't free from consequences. #FreeMilo as a hashtag came about as the #AltRight protesting the banning of one of their own after he incited his followers to harass Leslie Jones, something that is still going down as we speak here. He paid for his actions with loss of access to Twitter, which is where the AltRight seems to really enjoy hanging out. Brief Aside: Twitter sucks for many many reasons.

This all entered the conversation not because these guys are new. They're not. It's also not because they represent the GOP as a whole. They don't. It because Trump is pretty openly catering to them and that needs to be called out. A lot of folks have racist friends in their past. We aren't far past Robert Byrd (D) and Strom Thurmond (R) as influential politicians and they were both racist as hell and still have proteges and colleagues in power on both sides. The issue is someone currently running currently catering to some racist cyber bullies. That's problematic in a lot of ways.

First of all, YOU are assigning Milo to the 'alt-right", thus falling into the tactic you are denying. He's a gay guy, and the guys you lump right leaning people into, the actual white nationalists, probably don't have anything good to say about gay people, especially flaming ones like Milo.

Second, your definition of "inciting" is basically "Milo said some mean things, then Milo's followers said some meaner things, so lets ban Milo". I have a feeling plenty of SJW's can have the same thing said about them, but when lefties do it, its not hate, its "passion".
Now you're making assumptions about the #AltRight folks. When Milo got banned, they're the guys that got the #FreeMilo hashtag trending, raised the ruckus, and made a fuss. They see him as one of theirs and he's both written in their defense and has been seen as a leader in the movement. He's one of them.

As for why he got banned on Twitter, that wasn't my call but the folks that did have to make a decision made the call to ban him. There was a pretty clear through line from him to the harrassment Leslie Jones faced on Twitter, and still faces now. And it wasn't just mean stuff. She's had her phone hacked, been doxxed, had her website hacked, had personal photos posted online, received death threats, etc. We'd hold Islamic Mullahs responsible for cyber attacks if they called for Muslims to harass someone, the standard here is pretty similar.

As for the #AltRight as White Nationalists? I'd debate that. There's some White Nationalists in there for sure, but the majority of the movement are pretty much assholes first and last. Most of them act like a five year old that's learned a curse word. They're casually cruel, racist, and misogynist. That overlaps with some of the White Nationalist folks but they're actually something different but every bit as repulsive.

BTW, on Twitter SJW has become one of those words I'll auto block on, as well as virtue signalling. It's a way to make "standing up for others" into something weak and laughable. A fair amount of folks that'd be labelled as SJW got killed in the 60's and still get killed under despots today. Nothing wrong with taking a stand for what you feel is right.

So nobody by neo-white nationalists backed Milo? So you are lumping EVERYONE who supports open expression into the alt-right handbag?

It doesn't matter what YOU want to define alt-right as, progressives are using it to lump in white nationalist idiots with anyone who slants more right than say Mitt Romney.

And twitter's biggest issue is how selective it is about banning. Again, being a prick if you are a progressive is labelled passion, while being a prick if you are on the right is ban-hammer time.

And being shut down and isolated is worse than being harassed, more so if the person shut down is banned for the actions of OTHER PEOPLE.

"Alt Right?" What, was "neocons" out of vogue? I'm having difficulty keeping up with the new terms used by the left. Do they speak English anymore, or do you have to talk in abbreviations and code words?

Such an appropriate moniker... "hazlnut." Well at least the last three letters are appropriate. Dumber than a bag of manure that's been sitting in the back of an open trailer for a week. Speaks of the bill of rights... absolutely goes ape shit over people protecting their 2nd Amendment rights. I saw a video of a shreiking feminist who was screaming "sexual harrassment" at some poor guy in Seattle after he told her that his name was "Hugh Mungous." I never laughed so hard... that's EXACTLY what kind of dink hazlnut is.
#AltRight is a self selected term on Twitter. The folks we're talking about post using it. They include it on their profiles so they can find each other. There's no made up movement here. It's real, exists, and is full of the scum of the Earth. They're the same ilk as #GamerGate, namely racist misogynist idiots that act like a five year old that learned their first curse word. They revel in tossing out racial slurs and slut shaming.

The big issue is this: These are absolutely NOT the Tea Party folks. In fact, they came up with their own moniker to identify themselves as different from the Tea Party. They are not Conservatives. They made up one of the racial slur nicknames specifically to laugh at Conservatives. They're the lowest of the low, and every single Conservative I've met would put boot to behind if they met these guys in person.

And yeah, the list in the first post is pretty accurate as far as folks linked to #AltRight. Milo Yanniopolis works for Breitbart and got banned from Twitter over instructing his followers to harass others. The #FreeMilo hashtag afterwards was pretty popular with #AltRight users.

What's funniest is seeing all the de facto alt rightists around here, who have for years - post after post thread after thread - espoused the 'values' and agenda of the alt right,

now throwing tantrums because what they are and always have been now has a name.

Once AGAIN as already noted --- that broad brush is an assumption you made. It's not there in the post

You want to know who "alt right" refers to --- go look at who clicked "funny on my last post", and then look up what his name means. Go look up Steve McRacist's avatar. Go look up Odium and the various Hitlerists that have been oozing into this site.

That's who they are. If you choose to see them as "we", well that's on you.

Again, supporting their right to expression is not approval or acceptance of their position. It is TOLERATING their position, i.e. not trying to suppress it.
They undoubtedly have a right to their opinion under Free Speech protections. They aren't free from consequences. #FreeMilo as a hashtag came about as the #AltRight protesting the banning of one of their own after he incited his followers to harass Leslie Jones, something that is still going down as we speak here. He paid for his actions with loss of access to Twitter, which is where the AltRight seems to really enjoy hanging out. Brief Aside: Twitter sucks for many many reasons.

This all entered the conversation not because these guys are new. They're not. It's also not because they represent the GOP as a whole. They don't. It because Trump is pretty openly catering to them and that needs to be called out. A lot of folks have racist friends in their past. We aren't far past Robert Byrd (D) and Strom Thurmond (R) as influential politicians and they were both racist as hell and still have proteges and colleagues in power on both sides. The issue is someone currently running currently catering to some racist cyber bullies. That's problematic in a lot of ways.

First of all, YOU are assigning Milo to the 'alt-right", thus falling into the tactic you are denying. He's a gay guy, and the guys you lump right leaning people into, the actual white nationalists, probably don't have anything good to say about gay people, especially flaming ones like Milo.

Second, your definition of "inciting" is basically "Milo said some mean things, then Milo's followers said some meaner things, so lets ban Milo". I have a feeling plenty of SJW's can have the same thing said about them, but when lefties do it, its not hate, its "passion".
Now you're making assumptions about the #AltRight folks. When Milo got banned, they're the guys that got the #FreeMilo hashtag trending, raised the ruckus, and made a fuss. They see him as one of theirs and he's both written in their defense and has been seen as a leader in the movement. He's one of them.

As for why he got banned on Twitter, that wasn't my call but the folks that did have to make a decision made the call to ban him. There was a pretty clear through line from him to the harrassment Leslie Jones faced on Twitter, and still faces now. And it wasn't just mean stuff. She's had her phone hacked, been doxxed, had her website hacked, had personal photos posted online, received death threats, etc. We'd hold Islamic Mullahs responsible for cyber attacks if they called for Muslims to harass someone, the standard here is pretty similar.

As for the #AltRight as White Nationalists? I'd debate that. There's some White Nationalists in there for sure, but the majority of the movement are pretty much assholes first and last. Most of them act like a five year old that's learned a curse word. They're casually cruel, racist, and misogynist. That overlaps with some of the White Nationalist folks but they're actually something different but every bit as repulsive.

BTW, on Twitter SJW has become one of those words I'll auto block on, as well as virtue signalling. It's a way to make "standing up for others" into something weak and laughable. A fair amount of folks that'd be labelled as SJW got killed in the 60's and still get killed under despots today. Nothing wrong with taking a stand for what you feel is right.

So nobody by neo-white nationalists backed Milo? So you are lumping EVERYONE who supports open expression into the alt-right handbag?

It doesn't matter what YOU want to define alt-right as, progressives are using it to lump in white nationalist idiots with anyone who slants more right than say Mitt Romney.

And twitter's biggest issue is how selective it is about banning. Again, being a prick if you are a progressive is labelled passion, while being a prick if you are on the right is ban-hammer time.

And being shut down and isolated is worse than being harassed, more so if the person shut down is banned for the actions of OTHER PEOPLE.
You had some other folks jump on the #FreeMilo hashtag as Freedom of Speech advocates. Not a lot, but some. By the time he got banned his past inciting online bullying was pretty established. The Leslie Jones thing was the straw that broke the camel's back. He'd had other shorter bans for similar offenses. But with the Leslie Jones thing he managed to find a way to take all the hate over the very existence of the all female Ghostbusters, harness it for his own benefit, and shoot it right at someone. That was and remains a really ugly phenomenon on social media and one I don't get.

One thing I'd agree with though is that folks are lumping too many folks into the #AltRight thing. Tea Partiers, Conservatives, and the rank and file GOP aren't the same as these guys. But there is a real concern as Trump isn't hard to actively connect to the #AltRight.

Twitter needs to do more banning btw. There's no reason that ISIS should be able to recruit there at all. They were way too slow stopping those guys and banning their account. You also shouldn't be able to just find and harass someone as easy as you can on Twitter. I have a Twitter account but rarely use it. I have far more privacy control on Facebook.

Last edited:
"Alt Right?" What, was "neocons" out of vogue? I'm having difficulty keeping up with the new terms used by the left. Do they speak English anymore, or do you have to talk in abbreviations and code words?

Such an appropriate moniker... "hazlnut." Well at least the last three letters are appropriate. Dumber than a bag of manure that's been sitting in the back of an open trailer for a week. Speaks of the bill of rights... absolutely goes ape shit over people protecting their 2nd Amendment rights. I saw a video of a shreiking feminist who was screaming "sexual harrassment" at some poor guy in Seattle after he told her that his name was "Hugh Mungous." I never laughed so hard... that's EXACTLY what kind of dink hazlnut is.
#AltRight is a self selected term on Twitter. The folks we're talking about post using it. They include it on their profiles so they can find each other. There's no made up movement here. It's real, exists, and is full of the scum of the Earth. They're the same ilk as #GamerGate, namely racist misogynist idiots that act like a five year old that learned their first curse word. They revel in tossing out racial slurs and slut shaming.

The big issue is this: These are absolutely NOT the Tea Party folks. In fact, they came up with their own moniker to identify themselves as different from the Tea Party. They are not Conservatives. They made up one of the racial slur nicknames specifically to laugh at Conservatives. They're the lowest of the low, and every single Conservative I've met would put boot to behind if they met these guys in person.

And yeah, the list in the first post is pretty accurate as far as folks linked to #AltRight. Milo Yanniopolis works for Breitbart and got banned from Twitter over instructing his followers to harass others. The #FreeMilo hashtag afterwards was pretty popular with #AltRight users.

What's funniest is seeing all the de facto alt rightists around here, who have for years - post after post thread after thread - espoused the 'values' and agenda of the alt right,

now throwing tantrums because what they are and always have been now has a name.

Just pointing out that you tards have found a new code word for "racist" after you have gutted the original word out of all actual meaning.

So keep rolling with the "alt-right" crap, and lumping everyone you disagree with into that camp. Its just another term you idiots will burn into the ground.

What Is The “Alt-Right”? A Guide To The White Nationalist Movement Now Leading Conservative Media

Key Concepts

“White Genocide”

“Cuckservatives”

Key Players

Richard Spencer, The “Alt-Right’s” Racist Founder

Stephen Bannon And Breitbart News

Milo Yiannopoulos

American Renaissance

VDare.com

The Daily Stormer

The Political Cesspool

The Right Stuff

Mike Cernovich

This thread should be posted at the top of the Politics forum -- as I see links to places like The Daily Stormer showing up at USMB regularly. These scum need to be outed and exposed.

alt-right-20160824.jpg

Yes, I'm passionately against White Supremacists and Alt White Right Nationalist getting a foothold in mainstream media and internet.

Oh look, a hate filled leftist spewing racist hate from the Soros hate sites...

Haznonuts. you truly are one of the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet.

You had some other folks jump on the #FreeMilo hashtag as Freedom of Speech advocates. Not a lot, but some. By the time he got banned his past inciting online bullying was pretty established. The Leslie Jones thing was the straw that broke the camel's back. He'd had other shorter bans for similar offenses. But with the Leslie Jones thing he managed to find a way to take all the hate over the very existence of the all female Ghostbusters, harness it for his own benefit, and shoot it right at someone. That was an remains a really ugly phenomenon on social media and one I don't get.

One thing I'd agree with though is that folks are lumping too many folks into the #AltRight thing. Tea Partiers, Conservatives, and the rank and file GOP aren't the same as these guys. But there is a real concern as Trump isn't hard to actively connect to the #AltRight.

Twitter needs to do more banning btw. There's no reason that ISIS should be able to recruit there at all. They were way too slow stopping those guys and banning their account. You also shouldn't be able to just find and harass someone as easy as you can on Twitter. I have a Twitter account but rarely use it. I have far more privacy control on Facebook.

But its an "ugly phenomenon" that results in punishment only if you are on the right side of the political aisle.
He got banned not because of the action he did, but because the SJW's running Twitter's Thought Police group needed an excuse and got one. They banned him for THOUGHT, not for any actions.

And you cannot ban your way to harmony. Suppressing views only leads to them festering in the underground.

Just pointing out that you tards have found a new code word for "racist" after you have gutted the original word out of all actual meaning.

So keep rolling with the "alt-right" crap, and lumping everyone you disagree with into that camp. Its just another term you idiots will burn into the ground.

There's no racism on the alt right? Are you sure about that?

There's no racism on the alt right? Are you sure about that?

If by "alt right" you mean actual white nationalist groups, then yes, there is racism. But you idiots are using alt-right to define anyone who wants hard line immigration reform (which I do agree with), trade protections (which I don't agree with), or return to limits on federal power (something I agree with and Trump doesn't).

Again, you find some actual racists, try to link them to people who are not racists, but don't agree with progressive statism, and then lump them together to create your "ah ha! ah ha! they are racists" moment.

You had some other folks jump on the #FreeMilo hashtag as Freedom of Speech advocates. Not a lot, but some. By the time he got banned his past inciting online bullying was pretty established. The Leslie Jones thing was the straw that broke the camel's back. He'd had other shorter bans for similar offenses. But with the Leslie Jones thing he managed to find a way to take all the hate over the very existence of the all female Ghostbusters, harness it for his own benefit, and shoot it right at someone. That was an remains a really ugly phenomenon on social media and one I don't get.

But its an "ugly phenomenon" that results in punishment only if you are on the right side of the political aisle.
He got banned not because of the action he did, but because the SJW's running Twitter's Thought Police group needed an excuse and got one. They banned him for THOUGHT, not for any actions.

And you cannot ban your way to harmony. Suppressing views only leads to them festering in the underground.
Twitter is a pretty sucky forum for social media precisely because they went so long without banning. It's allowed cyber bullying to thrive and the mobs to form. And yeah, there's some leftist hate groups there that need the ban hammer too. But allowing anything to happen on your social network turns it into anarchy. You need some structure and some rules of behavior and Milo found himself on the wrong side of most reasonable rules of conduct.

And Milo wasn't just banned for thoughts. Inciting a mob, on or offline, is a serious issue and Milo was guilty multiple times of inciting mobs. Ben Shapiro back in March was a well documented target of these guys. Others have been too. He got what he deserved, and if he doesn't like it let him start his own social network. General rule in life is that if you act like an asshole, it doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, no one is going to listen. History is littered with the failed careers of folks that thought they were smart enough or good enough that being an asshole wouldn't catch up to them. It always does.

Twitter is a pretty sucky forum for social media precisely because they went so long without banning. It's allowed cyber bullying to thrive and the mobs to form. And yeah, there's some leftist hate groups there that need the ban hammer too. But allowing anything to happen on your social network turns it into anarchy. You need some structure and some rules of behavior and Milo found himself on the wrong side of most reasonable rules of conduct.

And Milo wasn't just banned for thoughts. Inciting a mob, on or offline, is a serious issue and Milo was guilty multiple times of inciting mobs. Ben Shapiro back in March was a well documented target of these guys. Others have been too. He got what he deserved, and if he doesn't like it let him start his own social network. General rule in life is that if you act like an asshole, it doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, no one is going to listen. History is littered with the failed careers of folks that thought they were smart enough or good enough that being an asshole wouldn't catch up to them. It always does.

Show me the posts where he "incited a mob". I want to see where he specifically told people to harass anyone.

Maybe we should make a law declaring twitter to be part of the commons, and thus subject to 1st amendment protections.

And like I said, it seems only Right wing assholes have to follow the rules, left wing assholes are given free reign.

Show me the posts where he "incited a mob". I want to see where he specifically told people to harass anyone.

Maybe we should make a law declaring twitter to be part of the commons, and thus subject to 1st amendment protections.

And like I said, it seems only Right wing assholes have to follow the rules, left wing assholes are given free reign.
As the following story points out:

Just how offensive did Milo Yiannopoulos have to be to get banned from Twitter?

Twitter hasn't come right out and stated which posts were the ones that got him banned, just the overall reason. And with him banned, no one is going to find those quotes soon. They're gone. Some of his posts prior to that were pretty disgusting.

As for the Right Vs. Left, I'm actually surprised that there isn't a Right wing version of pretty much all the social media networks.

Twitter hasn't come right out and stated which posts were the ones that got him banned, just the overall reason. And with him banned, no one is going to find those quotes soon. They're gone. Some of his posts prior to that were pretty disgusting.

As for the Right Vs. Left, I'm actually surprised that there isn't a Right wing version of pretty much all the social media networks.

Someone is making it, it's called GAB, and actually it's trying to be neutral with regards to political views.

Meet the CEO of Gab, The Free Speech Alternative to Twitter - Breitbart

And I call B.S. on your not being able to find the actual posts. You are saying he incited people against Jones, and yet you can't back it up. Interesting.

Someone is making it, it's called GAB, and actually it's trying to be neutral with regards to political views.

Meet the CEO of Gab, The Free Speech Alternative to Twitter - Breitbart

And I call B.S. on your not being able to find the actual posts. You are saying he incited people against Jones, and yet you can't back it up. Interesting.
The posted link above has most of the stuff I've seen. Buzzfeed has a lot of the same stuff. Most of his stuff right before the end consists of personal attacks on Leslie Jones or racist shit. If I had to guess which is the one that got him banned for inciting, it's probably the first one here:
Twitter Permanently Suspends Conservative Writer Milo Yiannopoulos
The text of which is "EVERYONE GETS HATE MAIL FFS" all in caps. Like I said, I'm not the guy that made the decision and Twitter won't talk, but there's' probably enough of a throughline from that text to the pile on that Twitter felt comfortable making the call. On top of that, Milo did post false screen captures making allegations against Jones. That's some libel right there.

Good for the guy making the alternative to Twitter. Let's see how it works out.

I'll admit now I can't do much better than this as with Milo banned, this all becomes reliant on screen captured tweets. So I'll admit defeat if that makes you feel better, point to the links above and Twitter's decision to ban him as incitement.

Forum List

Back