A Guarranteed Solution to World Overpopulation

Is voluntary Participation in a potentially Fatal Lotery a Good One?

• Yes, we thin the population and get rid of lazy jerks at the same time.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No, it is inhumane to kill some for the benefit of others even if voluntary.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No, it is too expensive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dunno

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
While that is true to a degree, I also think that there is an upper limit. We can't keep expanding like this population-wise. Even if we utilized all of our resources at maximum efficiency, we will run out eventually. Earth is a finite thing, and we can't afford to waste a bit of it.

That's why I'm so big on expanding beyond Earth. The amount of resources in space are far beyond what's here on Earth.

"The Monkeys have ALWAYS known deep down that life, especially human life, is incredibly cheap on this wet rock. That's why greed and power are celebrated as success and religions with a second chance in an afterlife are so popular."
'Known' is a strong word here. Certainly acted that way. Cheap is a term absolutely dependent upon human reference and, thus, totally relative to person, time place, etc. Value is what we say it is, not something that exists in the universe outside the mind of man.
When we decide to value what a human is and can be, we will deal with it the way we presently do with gold, only more so.

Nah, all we have to do is give nature a little more time and things will take care of themselves. Sooner or later all our antibiotic's will stop killing what kills us, a major infectious disease will wipe out a huge chunk of the population and all will be right with the world.

There is no overpopulation to begin with.

Why are we a society that isn't blinking twice about proposals to murder people?

I disagree with you on the not being over populated. When animals are in a constant fight with us on land to live off of then maybe we have to many people. Over populated or not, proposals to kill or allow suicide is a sign our society is sick.

While that is true to a degree, I also think that there is an upper limit. We can't keep expanding like this population-wise. Even if we utilized all of our resources at maximum efficiency, we will run out eventually. Earth is a finite thing, and we can't afford to waste a bit of it.

That's why I'm so big on expanding beyond Earth. The amount of resources in space are far beyond what's here on Earth.

Don't worry, it's not a problem. Our problem is what it has always been; how to live with each other right here on earth.

Don't worry, it's not a problem. Our problem is what it has always been; how to live with each other right here on earth.

Well, yeah. I have a lot of big hopes for the future of humanity, but that's the first step in getting there.

People can't get along. And it's sad :(

Forum List

Back