A Guaranteed end to school shootings.

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
I heard this on the radio on my way home and my first thought was "This is just plain stupid".

Then I thought about it some more and it started making sense.

Not only does it guarantee that there will never be another school shooting, but it saves billions of tax dollars every year.

And it is Constitutional.

Ban all schools.

It' that simple. If there are no schools, there can't be any school shootings and there is no enumerated right to go to a public school, so there is no Constitutional Right being violated.

God damn. Really?

Sometimes, you know... just, sometimes...

Well, if you banned schools, were would right wingers have to go to underachieve at?

I heard this on the radio on my way home and my first thought was "This is just plain stupid".

Not only does it guarantee that there will never be another school shooting, but it saves billions of tax dollars every year.

Ban all schools.

It' that simple. If there are no schools, there can't be any school shootings and there is no enumerated right to go to a public school, so there is no Constitutional Right being violated.
And then what?

Millions of kids are either home schooled or not schooled at all?

Sounds like a Republican wet dream.

Ban all schools.

And then what?

Because conservatives don't want our children fed the lies and propaganda from the left doesn't mean we don't want children educated.

Well, if you banned schools, were would right wingers have to go to underachieve at?

You can't find a place now, how will banning schools change that?

Joking aside the task would be difficult, how exactly is the government going to convince fish not to congregate?

Ban all schools.

And then what?

If we wanted to keep kids from being educated, we'd send them to inner city public schools. Democrats have been keeping kids from being educated there for decades.:)

Ban all schools.

Ban children!

Ban all schools.

Ban children!

Yeah, the lefties are trying! Spike 'em in the head on the way out of the womb and you never have to worry bannig schools.

If you want to know why the rest of the world is killing us when it comes to education, all one need do is read most of the posts in this forum. It truly is a sad state of affairs. The rest of the world is kicking our ass in reading, writing, math, and science, but we have Yayhoos talking about banning schools. It's fucking hilarious how stupid we've become. Keep this shit up and not only will we no longer be the superpower, we won't be a superpower period.

China Debuts at Top of International Education Rankings - ABC News

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/17/b...boom-in-college-graduates.html?pagewanted=all

Ban all schools.

And then what?

If we wanted to keep kids from being educated, we'd send them to inner city public schools. Democrats have been keeping kids from being educated there for decades.:)
Some English on that backhand......Youch!!!

If you want to know why the rest of the world is killing us when it comes to education, all one need do is read most of the posts in this forum. It truly is a sad state of affairs. The rest of the world is kicking our ass in reading, writing, math, and science, but we have Yayhoos talking about banning schools. It's fucking hilarious how stupid we've become. Keep this shit up and not only will we no longer be the superpower, we won't be a superpower period.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/17/b...boom-in-college-graduates.html?pagewanted=all
Interesting. I'll bet you do not even realize you just made a case for doing away with public education.

Interesting. I'll bet you do not even realize you just made a case for doing away with public education.

Except for the extremely gifted and talented --- We would be taxed to pay for their education. Then 60% of us would pay for our own children's education --- and the rest can be taught to take out trash, mop floors, and clean toilets ---- in just a few days. Gotta love the communists --- they sure know how to educate their youth!

Actually, I made the case for improving our educational system, which does not include banning all schools. Believe me, we could improve things almost overnight, but we have morons running our schools, and it doesn't matter if they are liberals, moderates, or conservatives. They're so worried about kid's rights that they have forgotten how to teach.

I'll tell you what I would do. Go into these inner city schools, and all schools as far as that goes, and tell parents if their kids don't perform up to the schools high standards, their kid will be moved to a school for dummies. They will still be educated but they won't be given the same opportunities if they can't keep up. After ninth grade, those kids can go to vocational school. This would force parents to take a greater interest in their kids, and it would allow teachers to move forward with the students who are capable of keeping up, so they could actually move ahead. The biggest problem with our education system is that teachers can only teach kids as much as the slowest learner can keep up with.

The reason kids in private schools tend to do better is that private schools don't have to accept the dummies who hold the rest of the kids back. Again, that doesn't mean shelving slow learners, it just means sending them to a school where they can learn at a slower pace, and eventually training them for a more manual type of job through vocational training. It doesn't have to be looked at as a negative thing.

So, what suggestions do you have to improve our system? Or do you think we should just all home school our kids?

Vouchers would GREATLY improve the education system. I'd be able to send my kids to the Christians school in my city where they would learn values and get a superior education. Crappy schools would run out of parents willing to send their children there (now that they have a CHOICE), and we could hold crappy schools and crappy teachers accountable.

No I know lefties hate accountability so they will always be against vouchers - but I sure would like my kids to have the opportunity to take advanced classes that do more than just increase the amount of homework they're assigned!

Vouchers would GREATLY improve the education system. I'd be able to send my kids to the Christians school in my city where they would learn values and get a superior education. Crappy schools would run out of parents willing to send their children there (now that they have a CHOICE), and we could hold crappy schools and crappy teachers accountable.

No I know lefties hate accountability so they will always be against vouchers - but I sure would like my kids to have the opportunity to take advanced classes that do more than just increase the amount of homework they're assigned!

The idea behind vouchers seems like a great idea. What it misses is the fact that private schools do not have to accept your kid if he/she isn't all that bright. The public schools get stuck with all the slow learners and underachievers. If we allowed vouchers for everyone, the public schools would be stuck with all the dummies and slow learners and the private schools would have all the good students. That is not an answer or good solution to the problem.

Actually, I made the case for improving our educational system, which does not include banning all schools. Believe me, we could improve things almost overnight, but we have morons running our schools, and it doesn't matter if they are liberals, moderates, or conservatives. They're so worried about kid's rights that they have forgotten how to teach.

I'll tell you what I would do. Go into these inner city schools, and all schools as far as that goes, and tell parents if their kids don't perform up to the schools high standards, their kid will be moved to a school for dummies. They will still be educated but they won't be given the same opportunities if they can't keep up. After ninth grade, those kids can go to vocational school. This would force parents to take a greater interest in their kids, and it would allow teachers to move forward with the students who are capable of keeping up, so they could actually move ahead. The biggest problem with our education system is that teachers can only teach kids as much as the slowest learner can keep up with.

The reason kids in private schools tend to do better is that private schools don't have to accept the dummies who hold the rest of the kids back. Again, that doesn't mean shelving slow learners, it just means sending them to a school where they can learn at a slower pace, and eventually training them for a more manual type of job through vocational training. It doesn't have to be looked at as a negative thing.

So, what suggestions do you have to improve our system? Or do you think we should just all home school our kids?
They are not worried about kids rights.

They are worried about their Union dues.

Forum List

Back