Major Nidal Hasan, Fort Hood Shooting Suspect, Wants Trial Delayed FORT HOOD, Texas A military judge on Tuesday said he would consider postponing until October the trial of the Army psychiatrist charged in the deadly Fort Hood shooting rampage. Maj. Nidal Hasan's attorneys asked that the trial be delayed from June until October, saying they needed more time to review the large volumes of evidence in the case. The judge, Col. Gregory Gross, previously delayed the court-martial from March until June. It's unclear when he will decide on the defense's second request for a postponement. Hasan is charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted premeditated murder. He faces the death penalty if convicted in the November 2009 shootings on the Texas Army post. Gross on Tuesday denied a defense motion seeking a Defense Initiated Victim Outreach specialist, Fort Hood officials said. The new program aims to help the defense respond to the needs of survivors and victims' families and possibly change their attitudes if they support the death penalty.