A great Muslim American

Muslims call their God Allah. Jews call him Yehewah. Christians call him Jesus. It's irrelevant what his name is - what is primarily important is that whoever is elected believes in God's miracles. I would sooner elect a Muslim than I would an athiest.

They're all Children of Abraham, is how I understand it.

The disputes they have in the middle east are political, not religious. Religion is just used as a smokescreen to cover political disputes. Those three religions have far more in common, than they have differences.

I wouldn't care about an aethiest. I frankly don't even really want to know what religion a president is.

Seriously. That and the fact that all backgrounds produce great Americans.

-Joe

Having to sing the praises of those who are not white Christians is evidence of someone who can't see beyond differences.
All have done good and bad. Can we move on ?

WillowTree Wrote:

I feel that this is the same sort of silly fear that people had about Kennedy. Oh, he'll have to listen to the Pope and not the Constitution...he won't be able to seperate church from state because his religion preaches that the Pope is the head!

A Muslim extremist might not be able to separate church from state...but just as Kennedy was able to successfully be a Catholic and a President...I have nothing but confidence that a man or woman can be Muslim and a President. It just hasn't happened yet...so people are scared.

Not really comprable at all. Catholicism iis not law. Islam religion is inseperable from their law.

The separation of church and state is only as valid as the separation of religion and duty in the hearts of the people in government... everyone of any religion is susceptible, one just needs to know which decisions must be made with the head when it conflicts with the heart.

-Joe

Forum List

Back