A "great" live rock concert you have seen.

Manu said.....
.concerts wer a blast in the 70's....

i dont know how many concerts i could have went to,but went to a party instead,dozens,like i said,tickets were like 8-10 bucks,and EVERY weekend there was someone playing somewhere.......i could have seen Hendrix,The Doors and the Airplane,all on one show in i think 68 for like 10 bucks....but went to a party instead.....one that i kicked myself in the ass for not going,was Grand Funk Railroad and Black Sabbath in i think it was 1970.....

Hey Harry were you around when Grand Funk was the cause of a riot at the Anaheim Convention Center around 1970?
When I lived in that area, your right, there was something going on every week. Bands would sell out 3 concerts, and add 1 more at the last minute. Those were good times.

Manu said.....
.concerts wer a blast in the 70's....

i dont know how many concerts i could have went to,but went to a party instead,dozens,like i said,tickets were like 8-10 bucks,and EVERY weekend there was someone playing somewhere.......i could have seen Hendrix,The Doors and the Airplane,all on one show in i think 68 for like 10 bucks....but went to a party instead.....one that i kicked myself in the ass for not going,was Grand Funk Railroad and Black Sabbath in i think it was 1970.....

Hey Harry were you around when Grand Funk was the cause of a riot at the Anaheim Convention Center around 1970?
When I lived in that area, your right, there was something going on every week. Bands would sell out 3 concerts, and add 1 more at the last minute. Those were good times.

i was within walking distance......had a friend named Willy,well the dumbshit just had to go into the combat zone to see what it was all about.....ended up getting clubbed on the head by the cops and spending the night in jail.....the dumb ass .....:lol:

Megadeth, Korn (right after the first album broke), Fear Factory and Flotsam & Jetsam was probably the best show i've seen when it comes to technicality and actually playing instruments well. during that period you just couldn't stop the Dave and Marty combo.

honorable mentions:

Paul Oakenfold in KC

Sebastian Bach at Roadhouse Ruby's North in KC

Last edited:
I forget the sight but there is an archive somewhere that you can download old shows like that one that you went to back in the day. The entire premise of such is pretty damn cool.

Hands down, the *best* concert I ever saw was Ozzy and Metallica (mid-80's) a couple months before Cliff Burton died. Ozzy wasn't a wastrel, and could still move, and Metallica just rocked.

Others..

Alice Cooper with Motorhead
David Lee Roth with Poison
Whitesnake
Warrant
Monsters of Rock (1988) -
* Van Halen (headline act)
* Scorpions
* Dokken
* Metallica
* Kingdom Come
Creed
Iron Maiden
Skid Row
Marilyn Manson

For yrs. I stopped going to live shows. However, the first time I saw the ABB with Trucks and Haynes it was great. After that I went to WSP, Gov't Mule, DTB, The Other Ones, and ARU. All rank right up there.

Excellent, I bet those were great! Warren is a genius on guitar!

Forum List

Back