A "great" live rock concert you have seen.

bruce tramp :)

didn't start til 1985 either. I missed most of the great tours.

:clap2:

Jesus christ Jillian! this is so far beyond tramp....this is groupie territory!

Speaking of great concerts, Spinal Tap is going on reunion tour and I think you, echo, and I should totally get down with that.

I have to bring my earplugs, they like to turn it up to 11 ya know.

Screw that----saw Deep Purple in Denver at 11----I left----every song sounded like Smoke on the Water to me. :lol:

Speaking of great concerts, Spinal Tap is going on reunion tour and I think you, echo, and I should totally get down with that.

lol.... not even close. i have friends who've seen him almost 200 times. ;)

looking at manu's post, i remembered seeing blondie at central park and talking heads. i think i've also seen southside johnny about a dozen times. and i used to go see marshall crenshaw when he played the bottom line.

rolling stones once a decade

blondie wall of voodoo 78 berkeley california

u2 ultravox dire starights 82/83 copenhagen danmark

talking heads elvis costello joejackson 88 or so berkeley california

frank sinatra......great show....

Excellent. I love Joe Jackson, Elvis C, Talking Heads are good too.

You saw Frank, very nice.

frank was too cool....the greek theatre in berkeley was brilliant.....saw eurythmics...... simple minds....tom tom club....pretty much all those era bands there.....

rolling stones once a decade

blondie wall of voodoo 78 berkeley california

u2 ultravox dire starights 82/83 copenhagen danmark

talking heads elvis costello joejackson 88 or so berkeley california

frank sinatra......great show....

frank was too cool....the greek theatre in berkeley was brilliant.....saw eurythmics...... simple minds....tom tom club....pretty much all those era bands there.....

Yeah, I bet Berkley got about everyone who went on tour, probably still do! That would be great! Here in corn country, a lot of cool bands pass by us, go to Chicago instead.

Yeah, I bet Berkley got about everyone who went on tour, probably still do! That would be great! Here in corn country, a lot of cool bands pass by us, go to Chicago instead.

Honolulu-- can't beat it.

lol.... not even close. i have friends who've seen him almost 200 times. ;)

looking at manu's post, i remembered seeing blondie at central park and talking heads. i think i've also seen southside johnny about a dozen times. and i used to go see marshall crenshaw when he played the bottom line.

200 times!!??? :eek: :lol:

you bruce tramps are worse than us deadheads! :lol:

I bow down to you. I'm not worthy! :udaman:

Chuck Berry... two summers ago... at the Duck Room... a small venue in the basement of a place called Blueberry Hill in St. Louis... holds about 200 people max. We were in the front row... Chuck was duckwalking no more than three feet in front of me. He played for nearly 2 hours... played every great Chuck Berry song you can think of... he may have been nearly 80 years old, but he still could rock... and he still could seriously shred on that old red guitar.

i also saw Pink Floyd with their Quad speaker setup around 73...

ZZ Top around the same time,also at the Forum

Cream and Spirit in 69.....

Traffic at the long beach arena w. Free....about 72...

ELP with their Quad setup around 73....that was quite impressive.....

tickets back then were like 10 bucks for some good seats....so was an ounce of pot....:lol:

You old timers had it so good back in the day~! :lol: :cool:

yeah, i just wish i could remember.....:lol:

bruce tramp :)

didn't start til 1985 either. I missed most of the great tours.

I have to bring my earplugs, they like to turn it up to 11 ya know.

:lol:

"Hello Cleeeeeveland!"

i also saw Pink Floyd with their Quad speaker setup around 73...

ZZ Top around the same time,also at the Forum

Cream and Spirit in 69.....

Traffic at the long beach arena w. Free....about 72...

ELP with their Quad setup around 73....that was quite impressive.....

tickets back then were like 10 bucks for some good seats....so was an ounce of pot....:lol:

oooooooooooooo pink floyd.......saw them in oakland......

the 70's were great saw ..... yes ......bowie..... kiss....boston.....ac dc......beach boys.....chicago...stones.....concerts wer a blast in the 70's.....

1976 I saw the Electic Light Orchestra when their Face The Music album came out. that was a pretty good concert. The laser light show was spectacular. I did see the Grateful Dead around 74'. Maria Muldaur opened for them. Those were good times in the 70's....from what I remember....

Last edited:
Some of you people are so lucky. Floyd, Zeppelin, Queen..... AT THE LA FORUM IN THE 70s. MASS 1960s ROCK FESTIVALS?! That would've blown my mind. The millennium sucks. Oh well, I've still gotten to see some awesome stuff:

1) Iron Maiden Somewhere Back in Time Tour 2008 - It was the third time I saw Maiden live, but for the first time in my native country. They had never played anywhere nearby, so thousands of people all over Central America came to see them and it became some sort of huge national phenomenon (their plane was on the front cover of the newspapers, there were hundreds of people camping out in line for days before, etc etc). It was by far the biggest metal concert we had ever seen. 30,000 of us chanting- they were heard from MILES away. The setlist murdered. It was such a good time that they immediately put us on the third leg of the tour, and played again about a week ago. Must've been awesome, too.

2) Ozzfest 2005: Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Black Label Society, In Flames, Rob Zombie.
3) Ozzfest 2004: Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Slayer
4) Yes at M.S.G. in 2003
5) Kiss/Aerosmith at MSG in 2003

Yeah, yeah, so it's no woodstock, but you gotta work with what you get. idugsdiausokjgk.

You're going to probably hate me for saying this, but three continuous days (24 hours a day) is just too damned much music (or was it too much drugs?)

No I did not see all these bands. I slept some, too. Understand when there's that much music happening, it becomes background music, not the main event.

Huge, relatively cheap, rock and roll festivals were more common then than now.

The bands were our excuse to get a lot of like minded people all in one place at one time, I think. Remember hippies were still getting their asses kicked just for being long hairs. Getting together someplace where we felt we were in charge was heady stuff.

These events was more than music festivals... they were a social revolution.

The boomers were just then beginning to realize their power, the power of millions of us rejecting the social confines of the WWII generation's domination of our society.

I feel sorry for those of you who followed us, to be honest.

Not only did we cut a huge path, but then most of us forgot the point of it all.

We fucked it up for you guys, to be honest.

We could have changed the world, but instead we sold out for for the baubles that came from working with a system that at least some of us understood was corrupt and wrong headed.

Manu said.....
.concerts wer a blast in the 70's....

i dont know how many concerts i could have went to,but went to a party instead,dozens,like i said,tickets were like 8-10 bucks,and EVERY weekend there was someone playing somewhere.......i could have seen Hendrix,The Doors and the Airplane,all on one show in i think 68 for like 10 bucks....but went to a party instead.....one that i kicked myself in the ass for not going,was Grand Funk Railroad and Black Sabbath in i think it was 1970.....

I'm mad jealous of some of you old folks ... you guys got to see some badass bands in their prime!

I'm mad jealous of some of you old folks ... you guys got to see some badass bands in their prime!

You should be--great shows every week and I dont remember ever paying more than 10 bucks to get in one. In Hawaii we would also get free ones in the park from the likes of Santana, Quicksilver, Fleetwood mac--etc etc. Austin was pretty good in the 70s too .

by whom ....when and where.....date can be approx........

I saw Queen with Thin Lizzy Opening,LA Forum 76.....became a Lizzy fan after that one...they FUCKING ROCKED the house down....but Queen survived
not my favorite but ZZ Top four and a half years ago was pretty good. Elton John was good last spring! Tom Petty this last summer was good!
If you live anywhere on the West Coast I recommend seeing a concert at the Gorge at George in Washington that over looks the Columbia, best setting for a concert.
I went to a concert about two weeks ago that was fun, to much dancing though and lots of hippie. I actually ended up taking a large bite out of some hippie's mushroom brownies, man did I have a body high!

Forum List

Back