A Great Earthquake Coming

Didn't Jesus say that God was no longer going to smite earthlings? In fact didn't God himself make that pledge?

That was a promise of no world wide flood ever again.
So, this was just a lie:

Never again will I curse the ground because of humans

What God said was this:

And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: I do set a bow in the cloud and it shall be a token of a covenant between me and the earth. And it shall come to pass that when I bring a cloud over the earth that the bow shall be seen in the cloud;

- Genesis 9: 11, 12, 13,14

This is what God told Noah after the flood, Ravi. Please read all of Genesis 9 to learn about the Covenant God made with Noah. There is more. Thanks.

Didn't Jesus say that God was no longer going to smite earthlings? In fact didn't God himself make that pledge?

No. God said he would never again destroy the earth by a flood. And He has kept His Word and given us a reminder of that promise through the rainbow. Imagine the absolute beauty of God Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth, Ravi. The whole earth declares His Glory The spendor of his majesty is utterly astounding and too great for our finite minds to comprehend. The creator of heaven and earth! God is so wonderful! No wonder the devil envies us so much -he can never have what we have - he wasn't made in the image of God as we were! He was created as an angel - Lucifer - until he rebelled and was cast out of heaven - it is no wonder he hates mankind with such a hatred - we were made in the image of God - we remind him of what God has offered us - eternal life in Jesus Christ and what he will never have - to think God came in the flesh - hung on a cross and redeemed us with His Own blood that we might be forgiven of all of our sins - and enter the Kingdom of Heaven! Amazing grace! How sweet the sound! Who saved a wretch like me! I once was lost but now I am found - was blind but now I see!

Call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved! God loves you, Ravi! Very much!

You are taking the verse out of context. You cannot quote a verse partly - you must quote the entire verse, Ravi.

It is written:

And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done. - Genesis 8: 21

What did God say? That he would not smite any more EVERY LIVING THING - as in at once - as was done during the flood when mankind was destroyed - save Noah and his family.

What about that earthquake that caused the tsunami in India a few years ago? What if that was the earthquake?

What about it? Genesis 8:21 refers to ALL LIVING THINGS - was mankind wiped out from that Tsunami? No? Then you have missed the meaning of God's promise noted in Genesis 9:11. Read the Covenant God made with Noah after the flood.

What about that earthquake that caused the tsunami in India a few years ago? What if that was the earthquake?

What about it? Genesis 8:21 refers to ALL LIVING THINGS - was mankind wiped out from that Tsunami? No? Then you have missed the meaning of God's promise noted in Genesis 9:11. Read the Covenant God made with Noah after the flood.

Ooohhh I won't know if it's true until we're all dead! Gotcha makes sense :thup:

Listen up. Everyone is going to die sometime, OldSchool. It is appointed for man to live once, die once and then comes the judgment. Stop believing Satan's lies and give Jesus Christ a chance in your life. What have you got to lose? A one way trip to hell when you die? A life right now that does not make any sense and isn't giving you the peace and contentment you could have through Christ Jesus? Loss of fear and torment? Gee, I'd count that a blessing, Old School. Seriously. I tell you what. Read Romans 10: 9,10 and let Jesus minister life to you today. That is what you need and He is as near as the breath coming out of your mouth. Today is the day of Salvation. What are you waiting on? Do it today.

Listen up. Everyone is going to die sometime, OldSchool. It is appointed for man to live once, die once and then comes the judgment. Stop believing Satan's lies and give Jesus Christ a chance in your life. What have you got to lose? A one way trip to hell when you die? A life right now that does not make any sense and isn't giving you the peace and contentment you could have through Christ Jesus? Loss of fear and torment? Gee, I'd count that a blessing, Old School. Seriously. I tell you what. Read Romans 10: 9,10 and let Jesus minister life to you today. That is what you need and He is as near as the breath coming out of your mouth. Today is the day of Salvation. What are you waiting on? Do it today.

I already have. But I do like to chime in whenever I see something ridiculous.

Reminds me of why I left the church.
What was the reason you left Jesus Christ? What did He ever do to you and when are you going to stop with the excuses?
I don't need an excuse. I just decided there were too many sadists in the church. The thought of millions dying gives them a full fledge erection.

Who is them? The Roman church? That isn't a bible believing Church! A mega church preaching for filthy lucre and telling you God is a slot machine? That isn't a bible believing church either! Get a bible and keep reading the New Testament until you're saved. Then ask the Holy Spirit to lead you to other born again believers that are living a life that glorifies God. Stay away from the lukewarm believers and you'll be on your way. Join a bible study group or even a little home church - where two or more are gathered in Jesus name - you are having church, Ice.

I already have. But I do like to chime in whenever I see something ridiculous.

The only thing I'd call ridiculous is hearing the way to Jesus Christ and Salvation, knowing it is the only way to heaven and then making plans to do it .......one of these days.........but not today........when you're older.......when you're on your death bed.............<-------------THAT.

No. God said he would never again destroy the earth by a flood. And He has kept His Word and given us a reminder of that promise through the rainbow. Imagine the absolute beauty of God Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth, Ravi. The whole earth declares His Glory The spendor of his majesty is utterly astounding and too great for our finite minds to comprehend. The creator of heaven and earth! God is so wonderful! No wonder the devil envies us so much -he can never have what we have - he wasn't made in the image of God as we were! He was created as an angel - Lucifer - until he rebelled and was cast out of heaven - it is no wonder he hates mankind with such a hatred - we were made in the image of God - we remind him of what God has offered us - eternal life in Jesus Christ and what he will never have - to think God came in the flesh - hung on a cross and redeemed us with His Own blood that we might be forgiven of all of our sins - and enter the Kingdom of Heaven! Amazing grace! How sweet the sound! Who saved a wretch like me! I once was lost but now I am found - was blind but now I see!

Call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved! God loves you, Ravi! Very much!

You are taking the verse out of context. You cannot quote a verse partly - you must quote the entire verse, Ravi.

It is written:

And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done. - Genesis 8: 21

What did God say? That he would not smite any more EVERY LIVING THING - as in at once - as was done during the flood when mankind was destroyed - save Noah and his family.
And he also said he would not curse the ground any more for man's sake. Is that part a lie?

Who is them? The Roman church? That isn't a bible believing Church! A mega church preaching for filthy lucre and telling you God is a slot machine? That isn't a bible believing church either! Get a bible and keep reading the New Testament until you're saved. Then ask the Holy Spirit to lead you to other born again believers that are living a life that glorifies God. Stay away from the lukewarm believers and you'll be on your way. Join a bible study group or even a little home church - where two or more are gathered in Jesus name - you are having church, Ice.
Did it for 20 years, not Catholic, and meet many many just like you. Too stupid to think and too arrogant to care.

The one 'alarmist' theory that I can get my father to agree with is the Big One.

His grandfather watched SF burn (from Oakland) after the great quake of 1905.

I'm sitting in an office (supposedly working) in Santa Cruz. Last week was the 25 year anniversary of the so-called World Series quake. That was when the A's played the Giants in the WS and the quake hit while the game was on air and Al Michaels was freaking out, and then there was only static. It collapsed the Bay Bridge. It destroyed much of downtown Santa Cruz. Businesses in Santa Cruz occupied temporary circus-like tents for years. I was at Cabrillo College, a mile from the epicenter. It threw me around like a Ragetty Andy doll.

I've been in every major earthquake in California for the last 40 years. They follow me around. I love earthquakes. Bring it on, baby!

"The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again." - Isaiah 24:20

Did it for 20 years, not Catholic, and meet many many just like you. Too stupid to think and too arrogant to care.

You cannot put that on me, Iceweasel. I'm not a member of the wide road prosperity preaching circuit - have nothing to do with it. I'm on the narrow path and your excuse for not being on the narrow path does not wash. Tell it to Jesus. I'm not believing your excuses. I doubt anyone else is either. Seriously. What you need to do is surrender yourself to Jesus Christ. Obviously there is something you are holding onto as more important preventing you from making that decision. Rethink it. My advice to you.

The one 'alarmist' theory that I can get my father to agree with is the Big One.

His grandfather watched SF burn (from Oakland) after the great quake of 1905.

I'm sitting in an office (supposedly working) in Santa Cruz. Last week was the 25 year anniversary of the so-called World Series quake. That was when the A's played the Giants in the WS and the quake hit while the game was on air and Al Michaels was freaking out, and then there was only static. It collapsed the Bay Bridge. It destroyed much of downtown Santa Cruz. Businesses in Santa Cruz occupied temporary circus-like tents for years. I was at Cabrillo College, a mile from the epicenter. It threw me around like a Ragetty Andy doll.

I've been in every major earthquake in California for the last 40 years. They follow me around. I love earthquakes. Bring it on, baby!

"The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again." - Isaiah 24:20

As you are new, welcome to the board, Treeshepherd. Thank you for sharing your experience of what a major earthquake is about. I did not know that the 25th anniversary of the "world - series quake was last week. Interesting.

As I was visiting today - reading Michael Boldea Jr.'s website and ministry Helping Hands- founded by Dumitru Duduman - his grandfather many years ago - I came across this prophecy. It was a prophetic dream that had been given by the LORD to Mike Boldea Jr. and two other Christians and this was back in 2006. I will post a clip of the dream and you can click the link if you want to read the entire message. In light of the recent happenings in California I do not believe this judgment is too far off now.

A Great Earthquake coming

As I fell into a deep sleep I had a dream. I dreamt I was in a hotel room, asleep, when the bed began to shake violently. I knew what was happening right away. Having lived in California in the 1980's I was keenly aware of what an earthquake felt like. Suddenly I was no longer in bed, but high above San Francisco bay, looking down on the golden gate bridge. As I watched it, it began to shudder, break apart, and fall into the waters below. I continued to watch the devastation, seeing buildings collapse, and masses of people trying to find shelter. Then a voice spoke out of the heavens, a voice I had never heard before, a voice of great authority. "I will shake this land from its foundations, such as the eyes of this generation has not seen. The world will stand in awe, and tremble in fear, as even the very geography of this nation will be transformed. My wrath is ready to be poured out, for sin has overrun My temple."

continue reading on link above.......

Is always a great earthquake coming. Doesn't mean you're prophetic so much as tuned in to any of a gazillion science documentaries discussing it.

Forum List

Back